CD & DVD trying to rip a dvd i made

Partycan

Inactive User
Reaction score
ok ive got a problem with a dvd i made some time ago....

im trying to rip it to my hard drive so i can put on a nouther dvd....only the dvd has got a bad bit in it where the film stops quorter way in the dvd and you have press the start button on the player again and then it will carry on playing the film to the end....

ive tryed dvd shrink and that stops half way when trying to rip it to the hard drive ...tryed nero on the fly to try and put in on a nouther dvd but that dident work just stoped with a error....

even tryed to copying and past the vob files in the dvd over to the desk top but that dident work as one of the vob's is where the problem is and it wonna copy over.....

? enyone no of a free program that will rip the dvd i made of this dvd - disk....

cheers for help as its doing me head in now

How about using a splitter then a joiner split the dvd just before the error then just after then rejoin the dvd you might loose a min are so but should work.

split split
dvd ------------------/---/-----------------------

dump the bad bit in the middle

Allok file splitter joiner is good software

carnt find a free allok splitter mate ..

there all shareware $hit..

still lookin

carnt find a free allok splitter mate ..

there all shareware $hit..

still lookin

I have the software I got it of a newzgroup a few month ago I dont have an account now though ill have a look round and get back to you :proud:

yeh I still have the software scanned it and it says TROG AVD but think its just the gen are patch ive never had a problem with it before with kaspersky

(TREND MICRO) NEVER give me no problems though and I have used it sevral times if you want i will dump it for you are email it on :proud:

soz mate got now off torrents lol ...anyway i just tryed it and no good tryed putting the vob 1 file of the disk in the splitter as thats the one that fcked but still get the same and the dvd drive locks up when it gets to the bit thats knackerd..

still cheers anyway...i need to get the vob 1 files off the disk as i can get all that rest but not that one..

cheers again

pm smirnoff rules ask if he has still got the Imtoo software he has the full list he wont mind hes a good chap

Its good stuff I lost mine when my external drive died

tryed othe copy i got but the key gen dident work so only got half the program working ..anyway it only ripped 2 x vob files off and then was in avi....

if i could rip the dvd to AVI that would help as all ide have do is then convert it back to vob files say with vsotodvd proggy..

cheers for help

Have you tried dvdfab platinum and clonecd if they won't do it, it might be time to d/l it again, or you could try some t-cut or wet and dry. :)

Also have you tried ripping it on another system, a different dvd player might rip it.

Last edited:
tryed clone cd and that dident work ..norr dvd shrink..norr nero on the fly...tryed coping and pasting the vob's off the inside of the dvd but fck's up on the knackerd one the first vob...

not gd think ive got windvd somwhere... if i can find it ill try that

DVD Fab Decrypter (free or platinum) is the best ripper.

If that doesnt work, you need to fix the damage. Either clean and fix (CD/DVD cleaners & polishers in all computer shops, PC world etc) or use something like isobuster to recover / ignore the damaged bits.

Back