trouble playing ps2 backups

C

chrisuk01

to run my games i have dvd-x. i put that in then swap with the game press start. this works fine for gta3 but i cant do it to play dave mirra(cd), crazy taxi(cd) and unreal tournament(cd). hope someone can help!

i paid £65 for it.<br />not altogether sure wot chip but possibly neo 2.2

it loads for a couple of seconds as you can hear it reading disc but u never see anything of the game

do u know anyone who has the same games???try theres it might be ur copy not burnt right could have been burnt to quick.<br />u could even try the AR2 V2 disc thats the one i use and have no probs with the crazy taxi game.<br />hope this helps

Is there a swap involed m8?<br />Just to see what chip you have, also if you have dvdr backups how do you start them?

If It's an ordinary CD game you may have to use one of the other swap methods.<br />Swap method:<br />Switch on PS2<br />Hold "Reset button" untill DVDX screen appears and realease button.<br />Drawer will open automatically.<br />Swap DVDX disk with back-up within 4 seconds.<br />Let drawer close automatically and press start.

Empty drawer method:<br />Switch on PS2<br />Hold "Reset button" untill DVDX screen appears and realease button.<br />Drawer will open automatically.<br />Let drawer close empty,<br />Open drawer and place back-up in tray,<br />close drawer and hit the Start button.

These methods will only work on older machines.

Back