Trouble getting newcs to work

uktvspain.net

Inactive User
Reaction score
I am having trouble,

Got newcs opening my standard channels but cant get the premium channels working.

Done the boxkey dec to hex thing but i think this is where i have a problem here is my newcs.xml file with my boxkey removed.

What am i doing wrong.

<newCSconfig>

<readers name="Card Readers">
<device>
<name>lower</name>
<type>Sci</type>
<node>/dev/sci0</node>
<export>yes</export>
<enabled>yes</enabled>
<blocksa>yes</blocksa>
<blockua>yes</blockua>
<blockga>yes</blockga>
<boxkey>xxxxxxx</boxkey>
<PTShandshake>no</PTShandshake>
<crypto-special>no</crypto-special>
<carddetect>yes</carddetect>
<newcamd_port>10001</newcamd_port>
<priority>round</priority>

</device>

<device>
<name>upper</name>
<type>Sci</type>
<node>/dev/sci1</node>
<export>yes</export>
<enabled>yes</enabled>
<blocksa>yes</blocksa>
<blockua>no</blockua>
<blockga>yes</blockga>
<boxkey>xxxxxxx</boxkey>
<PTShandshake>no</PTShandshake>
<crypto-special>no</crypto-special>
<carddetect>yes</carddetect>
<newcamd_port>10000</newcamd_port>
<priority>round</priority>

</device>
</readers>

<radegastserver>
<enabled>no</enabled>
</radegastserver>
<cache>
<emm>10</emm>
<ecm>10</ecm>
</cache>

<newcamdserver>
<enabled>yes</enabled>
<name>cardserver</name>
<deskey>01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14</deskey>
<userfile>/tmp/users.txt</userfile>
<user>
<spider>off</spider>
<rate>1</rate>
<sidoverride>off</sidoverride>
<status>access</status>
<name>newcs</name>
<password>newcs</password>
<au>on</au>
<allow>lower</allow>
<allow>upper</allow>
</user>

</newcamdserver>

</newCSconfig>

its probably your boxkey is wrong m8

if you want to PM me the receivers 10 digit serial number, or the full 17 digit one, ill tell you what yout boxkey should be

problem will be with your boxkey m8. It needs to be a specific amount of digits long (8 i think but might be wrong). I had same problem when I was playing about with this and a white card. Turned out I needed to add a 0 before the digits I was using.

Sorry for double posting here but is the problem solved with the card overheating on newcs, i'm using newcs 1.67, and cccam 2.1.2, and also does it share ok on cccam 2.1.2.

i use newcs 1.67RC1 have done since the week the cards first started being sent out in scotland ;)

i think newcs is more stable than cccam, but not sure about this over heating of the cards, from what i read 1.67 seems to be ok, but i'll keep my eye on it.

Also newcs 1.67 and cccam 2.1.2 come as one on dm800 nabilo image will this still share ok

i think newcs is more stable than cccam, but not sure about this over heating of the cards, from what i read 1.67 seems to be ok, but i'll keep my eye on it.

Also newcs 1.67 and cccam 2.1.2 come as one on dm800 nabilo image will this still share ok

Cccam 2.1.3 will do it all, stable as you can get IMO.

Do you not have to use a smargo to prevent the card from overheating as the card should be read at 3.3v?

Not over heating here with newcs1.67. But i have read that the card need's to run at 3.3v aswell, anyone shed some light on that please.

ive read that its a myth

most of the card reader hardware is very similar, the card answers to an ATR command and the card reader normally then reacts accordingly, setting frequency and voltage

the only burnt cards ive seen (cards we are talking about now, not other providors) are where they have been greatly overclocked, or actual heat from another source has damaged the card

Back