HD channels and newcamd on spider box.

TheCheekyMonkey

Inactive User
Reaction score
OK had one of these for a while now, not had chance to play about too much until now. Just wondering if anyone can give me some advice.

ok, i have a server running from a TM500 with cccam 2.1.3 and newcs 1.67

i know the spiderbox dont like cccam 2.1.3 + but its not an option to change it on my server, so i want to connect to server using newcamd / newcs.

now i just cant get it to connect using newcamd on the spider box.

heres my newcsfile, edited to remove me boxkey

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

now on the spiderbox, i set in servertype newcamd, and enter the local IP of the server box, with the correct username and password (newcs / csnew) and the port number 15001 hit apply, and it doesnt do anything.

any ideas?

the box is updated to the latest firmware.

also, for testing purposes , when i choose for the spiderbox to connect to cccam on the server it wont clear my HD channels. The free to air HD channels clear, but the premium ones dont.

my setup is basically skyplus HD package, with multiroom, the multiroom card is used in the TM500 . I presume that multiroom cards get exactly what the main package gets doesnt it?

cheers for any help

firstly i thought the latest updates fixed the cccam issues(i am running 2.14 without glitch).
Is the c line on spider saying connecting or not?
doesnt the newcs act as the cardserver and you connect through cccam to get the card info.

firstly i thought the latest updates fixed the cccam issues(i am running 2.14 without glitch).
Is the c line on spider saying connecting or not?
doesnt the newcs act as the cardserver and you connect through cccam to get the card info.

well i updated via the download posted in bobi`s last post but cccam was still glitching lastnight, however today it isnt, i`ll double check later on.

the cline is saying connected, ive never had aproblem really connecting with cccam it was just the glitching, and i had been told you could use mewcamd on the spider box to connect directly to newcs on your server which would work fine.

but still HD channels wont clear on it. Do i need to ask for the HD channels on the multiroom card to be activated or something?

cheers

i read somewhere with the multiroom you needed to be connected to phone line all the time or you will be hit with bill.
Is your multiroom an hd box also? as my second one was standard box hence the reason i never took it as they may not have activated.
i certainly dont get any glitching and i have with friends a few spiders on

hi mate, have PM`ed you, anyways, the multi room is put into an original box every 25 days or so , and i force it to do a call back, which should keep them off my back.

its a box that i bought myself, i dont remember saying anything to them about it being an SD box, i just said i`d provide my own hardware, and they sent me a card.

would this matter though with regards to the HD channels, i just though that the multi room card would descramble every channel that the full subscription card covered???

cheers

Back