CCCam & NewCS doing my nut in

Liam1611

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hoping someone can help me to setup NewCS and CCcam in my TM600 because as we all know CCcam 2.1.4 on its own doesn't work too well and is glitchy.
Anyhow here's my CCcam config and NewCS.xml for you to examine so that you can point out what I'm doing wrong.

N: 127.0.0.1 15001 User Pass 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 256

PROVIDERINFO FILE : /var/etc/CCcam.providers
CHANNELINFO FILE : /var/etc/CCcam.channelinfo
SERVER LISTEN PORT : 12000
WEBINFO USERNAME : User
WEBINFO PASSWORD : Pass
ALLOW WEBINFO: yes
WEBINFO LISTEN PORT : 16001
DISABLE EMM : no
EXTRA EMM LEVEL : yes
SHOW TIMING : yes
NEWCAMD CONF : no Does this need to be set to Yes?
SMARTCARD CLOCK FREQUENCY: /dev/sci0 3570000 Do I need this in the config if the card is being read in NewCS?
# BOXKEY: /dev/sci0 ## ## ## ##
# MINIMUM DOWNHOPS: 1

- <newCSconfig>
- <readers name="Card Reader">
- <device>
<name>Lower Card Reader</name>
<type>sci</type>
<mhz>358</mhz>
<node>/dev/sci0</node>
<parity>odd</parity>
<autosid>Yes</autosid>
<reset>normal</reset>
<export>Yes</export>
<enabled>Yes</enabled>
<blocksa>Yes</blocksa> Which of these 3 need to be changed to allow updates?
<blockua>Yes</blockua>
<blockga>Yes</blockga>
<blockC0>Yes</blockC0>
<carddetect>No</carddetect>
<boxkey>########</boxkey>
<PTShandshake>Yes</PTShandshake>
<crypto-special>no</crypto-special>
<Seca-PPV>no</Seca-PPV>
<carddetect>yes</carddetect>
<pincode>0000</pincode>
<newcamd_port>15001</newcamd_port>
<priority>round</priority>
</device>
</readers>
- <cache>
<emm>10</emm>
<ecm>10</ecm>
</cache>
- <httpd>
- <server>
<port>8080</port>
<enabled>yes</enabled>
</server>
- <user>
<name>User</name>
<password>Pass</password>
<accesslevel>admin</accesslevel>
</user>
</httpd>
- <newcamdserver>
<enabled>Yes</enabled>
<name>newcs</name>
<deskey>01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14</deskey>
- <user>
<name>User</name>
<hostname>localhost</hostname>
<port>0</port>
<au>no</au>
</user>
</newcamdserver>
</newCSconfig>

I've been playing around with this for the past couple of days on and off and have failed miserably. If somebody whose better at NewCs then me can sort it out it would be very much appreciated. All identifiable information has been changed to the default settings

Thanks in advance

Liam

remove the end 256 from this line m8

also, where you have parts like this

- <user>

remove the - so its just

<user>

heya pal.
i'm trying to figure out how to do this myself.
is that a cccam config?

More or less, its my existing CCcam config without the C: and F: lines obviously, just change the ports and add your own user name and password in. Once I've got this all up and running I will post both configs so other people can use them.

Regards

Liam

youre better off sorting the newcs.xml file first, then creating a cccam.cfg file with just an N: line in it

cheers pal,
so the n line is equivalent to a cccam c line?
what is the equivalent to the f line within newcs?

Sorted it out, edited the lines in NewCs as you mentioned Digidude, rebooted the box and NewCs is up and running and CCcam is seeing the card. Dead simple, and after sorting it out I decided to look for a tutorial on NewCS and found a NewCs CCcam config creator. It takes all the hassle out of creating the files needed for both emulators, had a look round DW and couldn't find it here so here's the file and hopefully other members will find it useful. Hopefully a mod can add it to the top of this forum and it will stay there forever. Here's my CCcam config and NewCs xml for other people to refer to if they are struggling.

Regards

Liam

Don't forget to add 256 to the end of the N line in your CCcam config if you are sharing your card with other servers, they will then see the card as a hop1 and not a hop 2. Doing this will prevent anyone from complaining when they realise your local card is a hop 2 and not a hop 1, some people can be anal about this as I have found out myself. As for F: line equivalents in NewCs Crazyfool I couldn't tell you as I only use NewCs to read the card and CCcam to share it out, the main reason for this is because you can share N: lines a further 6 or 7 times and is less secure than CCcam. CCcam allows you to control share levels unlike NewCs.

Regards

Liam

CCcam allows you to control share levels unlike NewCs.

or use newcs with no cccam connections allowed, that way one connection is one level of share, with the extra security of a des key and servername to allow the connection, and no chance of anything being reshared ;)

ok guys, i dont get it.
until now i thought that newcs reads the card and acts as a server.
the cccam within the same box then acts as a client to newcs and inturn serves to the other clients within the network.

could somebody explain to me how exactly this is set up?

Thanks in advance,
Mubs

ok guys, i dont get it.
until now i thought that newcs reads the card and acts as a server.
the cccam within the same box then acts as a client to newcs and inturn serves to the other clients within the network.

could somebody explain to me how exactly this is set up?

Thanks in advance,
Mubs

Yeah, I'd also like a little bit more logic to this. A diagram explaining how it all fits together would be most appreciated.

Cheers.

@ Liam,,i got pc as server,,and my itgate as card reader using newcs to read card,,here is my newcs that i ftp'd out box,,see if anything helps here m8

<newCSconfig>
<readers name="SCI">
<device>
<name>Lower Cardreader</name>
<type>sci</type>
<mhz>368</mhz>
<node>/dev/sci0</node>
<parity>even</parity>
<reset>normal</reset>
<export>Yes</export>
<enabled>Yes</enabled>
<blocksa>Yes</blocksa>
<blockua>Yes</blockua>
<blockga>Yes</blockga>
<boxkey>********</boxkey> EDIT
<PTShandshake>No</PTShandshake>
<carddetect>yes</carddetect>
<newcamd_port>10001</newcamd_port>
<autosid>Yes</autosid>
<Seca-PPV>No</Seca-PPV>
<pincode>0000</pincode>
<priority>round</priority>
</device>
</readers>
<radegastserver>
<enabled>No</enabled>
<port>16000</port>
<allow>
<hostname>localhost</hostname>
</allow>
</radegastserver>
<httpd>
<server>
<port>1912</port>
<enabled>yes</enabled>
</server>
<user>
<name>********</name> EDIT
<password>********</password> EDIT
<accesslevel>admin</accesslevel>
</user>
</httpd>
<cache>
<emm>10</emm>
<ecm>10</ecm>
</cache>
<debug>
<password>NewCSpwd</password>
<level>normal</level>
<type>init</type>
<output>console,tcp</output>
<console_options>normal,init</console_options>
<tcp_port>1001</tcp_port>
<tcp_options>normal,init</tcp_options>
</debug>
<newcamdserver>
<enabled>Yes</enabled>
<name>newcs</name>

<user>
<name>server</name>
<password>server</password>
<allow>Lower Cardreader</allow>
<au>on</au>
</user>
<user>
<name>********</name> EDIT
<password>********</password> EDIT
<allow>Lower Cardreader</allow>
<au>on</au>
</user>
</newcamdserver>
</newCSconfig>

Check where i have coloured,,this works for me,,just change ports/passwords as suits m8

Last edited:
I think he's sorted it mate, I'm currently connected to his server and everything is fine.

What about HD channels?? i tested this morn, couldnt get em! got sd from him,,but think that was a reshare

The reason why I am trying to do this is because there have been several posts about CCcam 2.1.4 not running very well with white cards. I happen to have a TM600 and a white card and thought it would be a good idea to sort this problem out and find a solution. UR team are doing an excellent job with support for this receiver but what happens if a new version of CCcam comes along and then we are all back in the same boat, so I thought it would be a better idea to find another solution that will continue to work. It could be a hardware problem with the receiver itself I don't know that but its a possibility. Anyway hopefully I have ironed out the problems that I have come across and will post the correct configs once everybody has confirmed its all working (fingers crossed). Now going back to Timbo's and Crazyfools post about how this all works. NewCs and CCcam are card emulators which emulate particular encryptions such as Seca, Betacrypt, Conax, NDS and so on. Now some emulators work better for certain cards than others and some emulators work better with certain hardware, so the NewCs config on your M8's Dreambox 500 might not work so well on your Cuberevo due to differences in hardware, you need to tweak those settings so that it works as well for you as it does for him. This is where you have to edit the relevant config files for that particular emulator and nobody has a definite answer on what the correct settings are so its all trial and error for some emulators and if you don't know what you are doing you can **** it all up. So using NewCs to read the card and then send it to CCcam allows you to share that card to other people. I like CCcam because its easy to set up and I'm lazy bastard but its not all shits and giggles in the world of hacking so occasionally I have to pull my finger out of my arse. So to do the above once you have setup the timings correctly and its all working (thanks btw Digidude) you then have an N: line (similar to a C: line) going from NewCs to CCcam which looks like this.

<user>
<name>User</name>

You also need the port number

<newcamd_port>15001</newcamd_port>

This is normally preset in the NewCs.xml file all you need to do is change the name and password to make it secure.

You then need to put a N: line in you CCcam config which looks like this.

Which contains the I.P. address of NewCs, port number, Username and Password and the DES key, which need to correspond with the details in NewCs. Adding a 256 at the end of the N line drops the one hop from NewCs to CCcam and your clients see it as a local card. Do the above copy them across to your receiver and everything should be up and running. So you now have a working setup with NewCs reading the card and sending that information over to CCcam and then out to your clients. Simple.

Regards

Liam

Last edited:
Forgot to add a default NewCs.xml so you can all have a look through it and see what everything does.

Regards

Liam

Thanks liam,
that default config was EXACTLY what i was looking for!

i did'nt queit understand some of the options within that config like the 4 'block' options a few lines from the top.

what do i need to set them to?
i know they have something to do with allowing emms.

and what is this business about not being able to recieve emms via newcs?
is it true that if one of my peers are running newcamd (or one of the other emus) then they can send me emms thereby removing the need for me to put the card into the original reciever when entitlements run out?

apart from that, can i leave all the options the same as your example config file? i too will be using a tm500/600/800 as the server.

Thanks once again,
CrazyFool

No I left the boxkey entry in CCcam as its left in there by default but you don't need it as the card is being read in NewCs and the keys are being sent to CCcam. So the boxkey needs to be put in the NewCs.XML file and leave the entry in CCcam hashed out. If your having trouble with it all have a read of one of my posts located here which may help you out.

Regards

Liam

Last edited by a moderator:
Back