transmit & recieve buffers ???

thomson

Inactive User
Reaction score
Please see attachment :)

Could someone correct me if iam wrong with this >>

Iam sure I remember from years ago that turning up the speed of the transmit & receive buffers could help give faster internet performance, is that right or wrong ???

I notice that mines and probably everyone else's defaults at 64 for both, its stayed at 64 even though I have upgraded my connection speed over the years 56k, 600k,750k,1.5mb and now 3mb, but the buffers speeds never change.

Are they meant to just stay at 64 or could a little tweak make things run faster, or is there any other well known tweaks that give a noticable increase in performance, OR am I just better to leave all the settings etc as they are "default" ???

:Cheers:

hi m8

what u have to remember is that is the default for your network card and the driver is setup for a 100Mbit or maybe even 1Gbit link, your broardband connection is 3Mbit at the most if it was working at the optimum with no bottleneaks, so i doublt very much its even worth thinking about changing the value.

i may be wrong but somebody will say if they know anymore.

This used to work to a certain degree on the old 56k modems and the like, along with a string to get a little more bandwidth. But with the advent of b/b this value does not hold so much weight anymore.

Regards

Back