Train Set......

TheDogsNutts

Member +
Reaction score
lad is after a train set for Xmas, but not the small ones, wants to build a base board3050 x 1800mm Wide,

Hornby seams the best make to go for, any help would be great, he's after the OO gauge, but i have told him the N gauge looks fun.....

so is there any DW who build model railways in the wardrobe..?......:Laugh::Laugh:

OO guage is the larger on with more choice of loco's etc. The N guage can be fiddley my son does OO and loves it. With the size you quote for the baseboard if you design it carefully you should be able to get a good layout.

N guage will always get more on the board. OO now comes in digital control but how usefull this is depends on the layout. Another thing to watch for with certain OO guage kits, ie Eurostar, is that thy struggle with tight bends and are really only designed for the largest radius curves.

Great father and son passtime.

lad is after a train set for Xmas,

Are you sure? :)

Only JK m8.
It's good to see kids getting interested in toys(?) other than the various consoles on offer.

Constructing a train-set is something I never really took to, but I can see the appeal & appreciate the work that goes into building the track, scenery etc (I was a Scalextric fiend).

Some pic's when you complete it will be appreciated :)

Good luck.

I am trying to start a build project for my lad. He has a standard OO guage set with the extra packs.

After speaking with a mate and a couple of guys at work the best board for a base is sudeela strenghtend with 2x1 timber battens.

Back