traffic master with expired subscription - 99 year hex file needed

dibbers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i know i posted this ages and that ago in the General section but thought i'd give it another bash....apperently this was on the net but can't find any thing about it....any one know if it's true or heard of it before?

it was true as i did it to my old car ,,i think it was on here some where .......just not sure where now ....sorry

no problem will keep looking for it, did you have to take the unit out the car? and was it easy to do?

i had to take the unit out, then take the chip of the board and reprogam it with the new hex

i am sure it was only for the VAUXHALL Vectra buit in traffic master

do not know if you still need this but i was looking at some old harddrivers the other day and find the info you need

this is what it says in the read me ,,not sure if this is working now or not

TMv2

This is for the newer type (black plastic box) as fitted in the Vectra
Remove the glovebox 2 screws at the top 2 screws at the bottom

the TM is a black plastic box with 2 white plug in one end 1 2X2 AND 1 4X4

unplug the 2 plugs from the box and remove it

open the box and slide out the PCB

the eeprom is a 93c46 surface mount bottom left of the board

you have to remove the eeprom as it will not read in place

make a backup copy (just incase)

write the TMv2 dump to the eeprom and refit it

refit the box back into the car and switch on TM and your sorted

and

TMv1

This is for the older type (silver box) as fitted in the Vectra
Remove the glovebox 2 screws at the top 2 screws at the bottom

there will be a wire taped to the top of the box this is the ariel for the TM trace it back and it will be pluged into a silver box

unplug the 3 plugs from the box and remove it

open the box take out the 3 screws holding in the PCB and the nut at the ariel connection lift out the PCB
turn it over the eeprom is a 93c46 surface mount almost dead centre of the board

you have to remove the eeprom as it will not read in place

make a backup copy (just incase)

write the TMv1 dump to the eeprom and refit it

refit the box back into the car and switch on TM and your sorted (if TM does not come on you will have to disconnect the car battery for a min to reset it all hope you have your radio code)

absolutely awesome find mate! top class !

i just hope it still working for you mate ,have fun with it

tried this hack today and it worked a treat on the silver box model. tmv1

found the user manual and drew up the pinout info i found.
also a way to use the trafficmaster with different stereo and amp.
i found that the audio out from the trafficmaster is same as a lineout (pre-out)
this makes it easy to use in any vehicle with a aftermarket amp running a sub or 6x9's etc etc
tested it on a splx 1000w amp and sub also on a pair of 6x9's... if using 6x9's turn volume on trafficmaster to lowest setting
and if using a bridged sub set the volume around 5-7

so heres the info

View attachment trafficmaster.rar

Last edited:
Brilliant, i have just ordered a small 12v amp from china that is about £7.00 quid and that means that it can sit in the glove box and i can (hopefully) patch it into the existing stereo leads and job will be a good en. it's got audio in (yellow/red) connectors that I'll be able to patch from traffic master, going to pull the stereo out and see where the other 8 pin connector is that runs from the wiring loom, it must be there some where...!

i just picked up a small amp, here's the one....was only £7.00 quid i think from china, and that way if i aint got me stereo on then i should still be able to hear the trafficmaster.....

ViewImage1.jpg

and......

ViewImage.jpg

@ dibbers , in reply to your question in the PM "what are pins 3 + 4 for ?". they were part of a passthrough that the vauxhall stereo used to allow one of the 2 stereo audio chanels to be switched between the normal functions of the stereo and the trafficmaster.. basically if you press the tm button to hear the message then it cuts out one of the stereo channels and feeds the audio output from the trafficmaster into the stereo's amplifier.

cheers for that bud, so i'll just use pins 5 and 6 from traffic master to the little amp that i got.....

yup ur spot on . pin 5 goes to the outer ring on the phono plug and pin 6 to the pin

mintski, i guess with that little amp then as long as i have the output on low to the speakers, then i should be good to go, i was laughing about your "woke the neebors up" i can see it/hear it now " TO RENEW CALL 08 8 85 125 44 " through a sub....lllol

Old thread I know - but, does it apply to the TM as found in a 2002 Citroen C5?
Thanks,
M.

Old thread I know - but, does it apply to the TM as found in a 2002 Citroen C5?
Thanks,
M.

Yes it does the EEPROM in the ones fitted to the citreon C5 is i think labeled something like 95C46 but yes it works well. Use the (TMV2 file)

I have not fully figuered it out but somehow each dump is matched to the processer. you cannot swap over EEPROMS. you get "INVALID LICENSE"

The Citroen C5 ones there are brilliant.

If a vechile comes in and you need to skank the unit, pull down glove box, yank on unit, then under the carpet is a plug for the arieal this goes all the way to the back.

Then remove the radio, flick out the cover bits using your bitch nails where fitted 2 Torx 20 radio out, unplug the harness.

then undo the single screw howing the panel that the drivers left ankle rubs up, there is an matching ISO plug/socket unplug wrench up to the radio and plug into the back of radio.

If you don't you loose sound from radio through speakers.

Never had the intreast to remove the entire loom out of one, but if in a scrapyard would be easy ish with a hammer.

I have mounted a Nokia handsfree speaker to the top of a C5 Trafficmaster unit - two leds red and green and a simple push botton, fag lighter plug, works great.

i have skanked a few of these units, so far nobody has complained about there car no longer saying "TRAFFIC MASTER LICENSE EXPIRED"

Quite easy to figure out the wiring, i unsolder the blue connector off the circuit board. As for areial unsolder the brass connector and 12" of wire works fine.

HTH

Meat

Thanks for the post matey, appreciated for all that input, I noticed that they are blocking you now, so the roads that your used to driving on it's disabled bud.

It was good when it lasted I guess. you still got yours working ?

*laughing at your post* a good read mate.

Back