Routers tplink

chadda

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
using a tplink but getting a prob with my laptop it goes off line every hour or so
weird ting i don't understand everything else connected is ok reboot the router and the laptop comes back on line ? any thoughts please

How old is it m8? I've had several routers go flaky after a few years' use. It might be worth substituting the power supply (12V?), sometime you can actually hear them 'hissing' slightly as they age.

using a tplink but getting a prob with my laptop it goes off line every hour or so
weird ting i don't understand everything else connected is ok reboot the router and the laptop comes back on line ? any thoughts please

Sounds like the lappy is at fault if everything else is working ok. Have you tried updating the wireless card drivers on your lappy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Good point @rawsy- are there any other devices on the same wireless network? If so, do they suffer the same?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like the lappy is at fault if everything else is working ok. Have you tried updating the wireless card drivers on your lappy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

good call m8 it was the network adapters there was a yellow mark on the wireless adapter
went into show compatible hard wear there was a choice of three selected a different one
bingo all back on line many thanks for all your input thanks lads

I have a tp-link TL-WR740N and I experienced problems connecting with my laptop using wifi (since my stand on my desk when I am at home, i use mostly an ethernet cable). Still, my son's laptop and others wireless clients (cell phones, tablets) worked fine. After a firmware update on the router the problems are gone.

Back