Toyota Prius

edogg

Inactive User
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend an independent garage to service and repair my Prius in Birmingham

How did you get on with that garage I recommended to you @edogg? was everything ok for you?. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
They replaced a sensor but used a Bosch instead of denso which didn't cure the problem ,at the moment I am waiting for a phone call after they have replaced the catalyst and hopefully fitted the correct sensor . The price is good and I don't need the car back yet . I will update later

Sent from my Blade S6 using Tapatalk

Got the Prius back now and this time I got home with no mil light so hopefully it is fixed now and for a lot less than Toyota was going to charge me thanks for the recommendation, I have used them before at the old premises

been further today than ever before with no mil light looking for a mongoose vci cable for toyota now so i can check the hv battery. priidash wont connect with the usb elm327 I have, and scantool doesnt do toyota codes

been further today than ever before with no mil light looking for a mongoose vci cable for toyota now so i can check the hv battery. priidash wont connect with the usb elm327 I have, and scantool doesnt do toyota codes

A little note left in your office Mr dogg ;)

the link to the first cable is dead but I read on and found another cable, I have decided to go for the ebay cable as the seller has told me he uses it on windows 10, the other cables with lower firmware only run on xp

Really pleased with the performance now drove to weobley in Shropshire some m5 mostly a roads then across to rhayader 213 miles total averaging 62.9 mpg

Really pleased with the performance now drove to weobley in Shropshire some m5 mostly a roads then across to rhayader 213 miles total averaging 62.9 mpg

That's great to hear @edogg I hope everything is sorted out for you now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes thanks for the recommendation miggy not sure about next years major service though as brake bleeding and the hybrid coolant both need the Toyota software to activate the relays ,as the normal bleeding procedures cause damage to the system .
I will see when it is due

Yes thanks for the recommendation miggy not sure about next years major service though as brake bleeding and the hybrid coolant both need the Toyota software to activate the relays ,as the normal bleeding procedures cause damage to the system .
I will see when it is due

I have left a little note in your office Mr dogg. ;)

Thanks miggy

Back