Top Gear is back!!!

sweet, feels like a very long time since the last new ep

The Stig 'preparing to reveal identity'

Jeremy Clarkson has claimed that his Top Gear co-star The Stig will finally be unmasked in tonight's episode.

The identity of the test driver, who wears a white racing suit and white crash helmet, has remained a mystery for years, prompting several theories about who is really under the mask.

Writing in The Sun, host Clarkson said: "Stig barges into the studio and in an atmosphere that you could cut with a knife removes his helmet.

"Hardened, emotionless camera crews said the hair on the back of their neck prickled. As a television moment, it's up there with Neil Armstrong walking on the... corpse of J.R. Ewing."

Reports had previously suggested that The Stig was actually portrayed by four different individuals, while others have claimed that he is a Norwegian or French racing driver.

Last year, the query 'Who is The Stig?' was revealed to be one of the most frequently searched questions on the internet.

Television - News - The Stig 'preparing to reveal identity' - Digital Spy

cheers for the reminder. cant wait, been missing this show

everybody should guess who they believe is the STIG before the show if indeed his identity is revealed. see if anyone is on the Button!!! no i dont think its jenson lol

personally i have'nt got the slightest idea

TBH I haven't enjoyed this proggy since they moved to this ridiculous studio based format.

They are not friggin comedians and the cheesy studio audience giggles just make my teeth curl.

Bring back the old crew I say !

:)

The Stig is Ben Collins a DTM racer for Mercedes i think.
If i remember right there was a slip up by Helen Mirren in an unreleased bit of footage where she said his name by mistake.
Anyway i cannot wait to see the lads back again tonight, its my favourite show..

But is he the real Stig.
i doubt it. but it would explain why Top Gear, get so many, special cars. why else would Zonda or kunignegzzzztyyrest9?), cant remember which, adapt a car, especially, for the Stig to drive, and why VW were so afraid of the Bugatti going on the Top Gear track? my guess is, the stig is more than one person, perhaps even one per season. I'll bet the Stig that drove the Ferrari, round last night, was Michael Schumacher, though.

the stig here is 2 foot taller [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnmWpSCXPbs&feature=related[/ame] and English lol

i doubt it. but it would explain why Top Gear, get so many, special cars. why else would Zonda or kunignegzzzztyyrest9?), cant remember which, adapt a car, especially, for the Stig to drive, and why VW were so afraid of the Bugatti going on the Top Gear track? my guess is, the stig is more than one person, perhaps even one per season. I'll bet the Stig that drove the Ferrari, round last night, was Michael Schumacher, though.

Bugatti veyron has been around the track

There are loads of stigs around.

reason michael s was the stig yesterday as it was a big advert for ferrari. Ferrari wont let anyone drive the fxx, and michael sh actually helped develop it so thats why he is one of the few guys out there who can drive it properly.

Bugatti veyron has been around the track

it has. but a long time after its release. and Cptn. Slow, drove it first on a controlled track. VW were not enthusiastic about its appearance. you can see why, it did not do well.

well it looks like Collins is the one "Stig". his advice played a part in the Vampire project. and is Schoomi had been the man, you can bet your life he would have appeared in the report.
shame, it was fun guessing. BUT Stigs African brother. well, ill bet he was young Hamilton.

does anyone actually beleive that Mick Schumaker is the Stig lol.

I think if he was then all those lap times would be 7 seconds faster.

Nah, it's definitely not him. They're never gonna reveal the Stig's identity by themselves. However, it could've been him driving the FXX tho. But... we'll never know :)

will this be on bbc iplayer on my vm box because i cant be assed goin down stairs, turning tele on and pressing record??????????????

Back