Toothache

Sameira

Inactive User
Reaction score
i've got a toothache :CRYBABY: :CRYBABY: :CRYBABY:

devilfish said:
Crush up some paracetamol and rub it into your gums...works a treat!

hmm i'll try tht

:proud:

devilfish said:
Crush up some paracetamol and rub it into your gums...works a treat!

lol it sure dus. The taste distracts u from the pain hahah

i need sum water :eek:

Yeh it does taste pretty mingin' lol!

Now Get Tae The Dentist!

dentist.gif

devilfish said:
Yeh it does taste pretty mingin' lol!

Now Get Tae The Dentist!

dentist.gif

rofl

thts really gonna motivate me to go

rofl rofl

its not the treatment that hurts its the bill after it

Sameira said:
i've got a toothache :CRYBABY: :CRYBABY: :CRYBABY:

tell me your symtons, i'll try to advise you about wot to do about the pain

tina said:
tell me your symtons, i'll try to advise you about wot to do about the pain

Uhhm symptons:-

its just hurting lol, like top of tooth near teh gum

Sameira said:
Uhhm symptons:-

its just hurting lol, like top of tooth near teh gum
ok from what your saying, do you mean, the top of the gum line of the tooth, which is what i think you mean, so i'll advise you on that...it could be 2 things...(1) is the gum line really swollen, spongy, red and has ben bleeding? this is caused by not cleaning that area very well, plaque has built up under gingiva margin causing this to happen, this usually occurs to the back teeth, where people stretch their mouth wide open causing the cheek to cover that area and the brush to miss it altogether, in future when cleaning back teeth, close your mouth slighty, you'll know what i mean when you do it. if this is your problem this is my advise...although it's painful now, gently clean that area with toothbrush, don't scrub like your using a yard broom, just gently and position the brush at a 45 degrees angle so the tips of the brush can get slighty under the gum line. For tonight...rinse your mouth hot salt water, hold it over the area for a few minutes, this will help against any infection, then tomorrow go to chemist and buy some corsodyl, follow instructions on bottle. (this is what the dentist will prescribe)
(2) if it's not like the above and no hole in the tooth, it sounds like you have a tooth abrasion. this is caused by brushing your teeth too hard. basically you have scrubbed the gum away, leaving the sensitive part of the tooth exposed. This part of the tooth is the 'dentine' the exposed aprt of the tooth is covered by enamel. You don't need to scrub your teeth hard, they won't get any cleaner by doing this..anyway, what you could do tonight is apply some sensodyne over the area, put a little pea size on your finger and apply it over the area, this will help to de-sensodise it. If you have none place a small pad of cotton wool between the tooth and cheek to keep the area covered. All the while it's exposed it will hurt. Go to dentist tomorrow and they will put a covering over it. I have said all this presuming the tooth is not decayed or broken.

thnks tina gud advice ther. I think its teh second one, tooth aint bleeding or owt. Best go get tht cotton wool then.

I actually hant felt teh pain for quite a while now, must be tht minging tablet haha

anyway thnks :proud: :proud:

V Good advice!!!

TIna, are you a dentist? lol

i can tell u another way of getting rid of the pain, get it taken out.:Chainsaw:

had some serious toothache before the bank holiday..went to the dentist and he said i have a infected or damaged nerve in my tooth..decided to get it fixed (was qouted £150), but gave me a appoitment for some time in 2 weeks..in the meantime he gave me some anti-biotics to kill the pain.

anti-biotics took the pain away untill last monday bank holiday....the pain came back and it was pain that i never want to feel again:grayno: ...as the dentist was closed i went to the emergency dentist, paid them £15 to get looked at and got the tooth taken out..my gums around the area where the tooth was taken out was a little sore for a few days, but other than that all is good.

my advice is get any toothache looked at by the dentisit....medicine is only a temporary cure.

Back