Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

"Too much swearing on TV,"

Rat

VIP Member
VIP Member
Independent watchdog Mediawatch-UK has today accused TV broadcasters of "promoting a grunt culture" with an "overuse" of swearing in programmes.

The "f word" was used almost 1,500 times in films on the five terrestrial channels in the first half of the year, claims the report, titled 'The Daily Grunt.'

The biggest offender was five's screening of gangster movie Goodfellas, which had 212 instances of the word. In sceond place was Reservoir Dogs, shown on Channel 4 at 11.15pm, with 197 uses of the "f word," not to mention 39 "sh*ts".

"The evidence in this new report, The Daily Grunt, shows there has been a consistent effort to promote obscenity, swearing and profanity against the wishes of most people," said John Beyer, director of Mediawatch-UK.

"The present level of obscene, abusive and insulting language on television is unacceptable and out of step with public expectations, as established by the regulators in their own research."

The report went on to call for broadcasters to "take immediate meaningful steps" to cut down on swearing in television programmes.

i know RAT it really f#cks me off with all the bas#ard swearing theres no need for such fuc#ing language .....:eek:

too f#cking right I hate tw@s that always have to f%cking swear.

you would never catch me calling anyone a b@stard......;)

yeah we have ti stop this fúcking nonsense .. why the hell do you feel you hace to fúcking swear in these movies cant the fúcking arseholes releise this !!!!!!!!!!!

Back