TomTom on Laptop??

Auldtam

DW Member +
Reaction score
I was given a TomTom wireless GPS receiver, I believe its for use with a PDA (which I dont have), anyway I was playing around with it and managed to pair it with my laptop.

Can I download software and use the laptop as a satnav?

Its really just for a bit of fun.

Tam.

you cant use tom tom on the lap top m8 but you could use Autoroute as sat nav on as laptop m8.

You could also use the gps receiver with a phone if you have one compatible with tom tom .

you cant use tom tom on the lap top m8 but you could use Autoroute as sat nav on as laptop m8.

You could also use the gps receiver with a phone if you have one compatible with tom tom .

Thanks carlos,

Where theres a will theres a way.

You can get windows mobile emulators for PC, install tomtom as you would on a PDA, maximize it and you have a full screen laptop tomtom running!

not tried it myself but microsoft device emulator is free. but im sure there are others.

You can get windows mobile emulators for PC, install tomtom as you would on a PDA, maximize it and you have a full screen laptop tomtom running!

not tried it myself but microsoft device emulator is free. but im sure there are others.

Thanks mate, I'll have a go.

I assume microsoft device emulator is free download from microsoft.

I DL windows mobile emulator and have TT7 on SD card but cant get it to run..the emulator keeps looking for the device but of course there is no device attached...any idea how I overcome this?

I DL windows mobile emulator and have TT7 on SD card but cant get it to run..the emulator keeps looking for the device but of course there is no device attached...any idea how I overcome this?

What device is the emulator looking for? and have you got SD card reader? In theory this is how it should work:

You have an external GPS Device attached via USB (COM2)
On Windows Mobile emulator you allocate it some HDD space which will become the storage space (Virtual SD Card).

Install tomtom on that virtual SD card (CAB.)
Run tomtom on the emulator and when it asks for the GPS device, direct it to COM2.

In theory this should work.

Back