TomTom 7.9 on PDA with v8.15 Maps- Instructions

yeah m8...even though sumtimes a voices sentence will cut off occasonally..but it does not bother me too much.....
i will look into that issue which a lot of people have....
other than that ...its perfect..in fact it picks up sats quicker than my proper tom tom does !!

are you struggling with zips and voices ??? .. put zips in root dir(where the maps shud be)..put voices in voices folder in the navigator folder..
once you have the tom tom installed on diamond 2..the rest is easy.....speedcams actually go inside the map folder...
for rotation to landscape..i have the phone set(registry tweak) so i hold the start call button for 1 second(after loadin tom tom) ..and voila !
when exit tom tom the fone auto goes back to portrait , works really well !

Last edited:
Well I am still baffled.I have tried a different map DL but still the same results...Anyone...please..
are you sure you are using the correct .meta file...

then selectin option 1 ...1 in the runme file ??
oh...and make sure all the easytools are in the same folder !!
doublecheck your new .dct file is not already there in the insertmeta folder waitin for u...

Last edited:
I have TT 6 already installed, can I use the same method to upgrade to TT 7.5.Sorry for bashing in on the discussion but that is my need now

only..cyberon voice command seems to work with this fone also..just a pointer for those like me who use it a lot !!!

yeah m8...even though sumtimes a voices sentence will cut off occasonally..but it does not bother me too much.....
i will look into that issue which a lot of people have....

Check out this post (sorry if posting to another forum is not allowed) - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=513621. This shows how to solve this problem.

There are loads of things over there to do with the TD2. I have only got my phone last week and just had a flash card delivered this morning, so I haven't quite got around to installing anything much yet, although i had read about issue with the voices etc. I will be having a go to install this later......I may be back shortly:)

yeah..thx for that.
the only thing that has peeved me off with this fone is the lack of voice dial..
there is non lol !!!
i installed 3rd party software which works fine on the phone (the voice tags work)
but no voice dial screen when usin BT headset !!!! so annoying !!
i have a 10 year old nokia that can voice dial lol

yeah..thx for that.
the only thing that has peeved me off with this fone is the lack of voice dial..
there is non lol !!!
i installed 3rd party software which works fine on the phone (the voice tags work)
but no voice dial screen when usin BT headset !!!! so annoying !!
i have a 10 year old nokia that can voice dial lol

I'm sure I came across something like that on XDA developers as well. If I find it I'll post that too.

hey sinin..i cant for the life of me sort the voice clip om tom tom...got the fix..just cant follow the instructions...not too clear

hey sinin..i cant for the life of me sort the voice clip om tom tom...got the fix..just cant follow the instructions...not too clear

Ok I'm up to speed, but need to go to bed.

I have installed the latest build - 7.915.9196 (cab file doesn't need the file copy in the original post)
The latest maps - 825_2159
Voices (from another thread on this forum)
Postcodes (from another thread on this forum)

Audio Fix - requires the Microsoft .NET 3.5 Compact Framework
Then copy the Audio Fix 1.1 file to the "Program Files\Navigator" and run.
Hope all of this is OK, its relativity straight forward.

To make sure this is always run when you select the icon from the programs menu, do the following

1) In your PC make sure you have "hide protected system file" in the folder option unticked

2) Navigate on you PC (whilst the phone is connected) to "Device\Windows\Start Menu\Programs"
You can't write directly to this folder, but you can copy from it.

3) copy the "TomTom Navigator.lnk" to you desktop, then open notepad and open this file from notepad

4) alter the text so it says something like : -
47#"\Program Files\Navigator\TomTom Audio Fix.exe
save the file

5) Copy the file to a non protected area on the mobile, like My Documents

6) on the mobile Cut the file from My Docs and paste to "Windows\Start Menu\Programs", accept the overwrite.

Phew - there maybe a quicker way, but its a bit of a pain with the protection.

All working and OK - I think, will need to test further.

Yep - all seems to work...

GPS updated very slow today with heavy cloud cover

Now, lets see if we can find some celeb voices, horizontal viewing, and what about bluetooth integration with the car radio (not sure about the last one). Not sure about traffic services, or speed camera - i think these maybe subscription.

What else is good for the WM paltform???

Last edited:
Yep - all seems to work...

GPS updated very slow today with heavy cloud cover

Now, lets see if we can find some celeb voices, horizontal viewing, and what about bluetooth integration with the car radio (not sure about the last one). Not sure about traffic services, or speed camera - i think these maybe subscription.

What else is good for the WM paltform???

hey mate..
worked a treat thx very much...
i have cams installed already, i can send you them if you like ?? i got them workin with warnings too.
i got horizontal viewing just by tapping a button when tom tom is launched too !! (means a registry hack ) but its easy.
for me...i need voice dial lol..then i am set...
oohh i forgot..i dont like how the headphone in line control , controls the phonecalls...rather than actual mp3 volume !!! i need to look into that too

No worries.

Managed to get the standard TT Speed camera to work (Easytools from here didn't work to generate they key - found this at GPS Underground, plus the PocketGPS cameras - with with a bit of luck everything should be covered.

Wouldn't mind finding out about the reg hack to get horizontal viewing - then a car hold that will hold the device horzontaly, with a car harger in place.

If you find out about voice dailing, I wouldn't mind, although I normally dial through the car radio.

download and install total commander to your diamond 2 (google its free)
open total commander...on phone...
click on the registry folder....
goto .. HKLM ....then...SYSTEM..then..GDI...then ..ROTATION

then goto "hideorientation"...change the value from "1"...to "0"

ok and close.

Now on yer phone..goto settings...all settings...
personal tab......buttons !!
For Button1.....change it too the command <rotate screen>

Now..fire up tomtom....hold the dial button ( for 1 sec ..on fone the far left 1)
voila tom tom in landscape !!..best and easiest way to do it...for me anyways ! When u exit tom tom the screen will auto rotate back !!
Now i need voice dial to work.....i can get tags to work..but no dial lol..i have read that it simply is NOT supported !!

Is it possible to get USA maps to work as well as UK,,(i goto america in 2 week) ???

Last edited:
Is it possible to get USA maps to work as well as UK,,(i goto america in 2 week) ???

Cheers for that, bit it sounds a bit odd that voice dialling isn't there. Still you may find an App that does it if it's not built in.

I'm pretty sure you can have multiple maps - how many I'm not sure, You need to run through the same routine for each map you install (I think), you can then switch maps through the TT menu. I need this as I'm for to Europe later so would be useful. Never sure if the Western Europe maps have everything the individual map do.

Cheers for that, bit it sounds a bit odd that voice dialling isn't there. Still you may find an App that does it if it's not built in.

I'm pretty sure you can have multiple maps - how many I'm not sure, You need to run through the same routine for each map you install (I think), you can then switch maps through the TT menu. I need this as I'm for to Europe later so would be useful. Never sure if the Western Europe maps have everything the individual map do.

Nice 1..now i need to find a usa map lol........

i just put 5gigg of music on mine, for the 9 hour flight lol !!
took a while for all the mp3`s and artwork to sink in..(bout 30 mins)..
works great now..i honestly think its easier to navigate than my ipod !!
and looks cool as hell......

Nice 1..now i need to find a usa map lol........

have a look at gpsunderground or, (oddly) Greekwave. The first not sure if subs are needed for full access, but the second have Direct downloads for gps stuff (last forum on index page)- the TT thread is in there.

have a look at gpsunderground or, (oddly) Greekwave. The first not sure if subs are needed for full access, but the second have Direct downloads for gps stuff (last forum on index page)- the TT thread is in there.

gpsunderground worked nicely...all maps on ready to roll lol...
cheers mate !

Back