Firmware Tomato to make paid wifi better

rawsy

DW F1 Champ 2010, 14, 19, 20 and 22
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am hoping for a little help. I'm currently at a friends caravan and am trying to use an old router I have with tomato on it to share the paid for wifi .

I have changed the Mac of the routers wifi to that of the iPad that was used to pay for the wifi, then I have connected one of the wifi connections to the wifi and the other to my lappy. This did not work.

Any tips or ideas please?

What else would the wifi provider use to identify the device?

Not really, thanks though.
I did read that article but this service once paid for identifies the device some how. There are no login details so I would in effect need to clone the device in the tomato firmware. I have changed the Mac which back in the day would have been enough. This system is looking at something else too though.

I have done it. i had to change the name of the router to that of the original device (the one that holds the account).

now i have a new issue, for some reason the tomato router will not allow my iphone or ipad to connect to it. my laptop works fine just no other devices?

I think its because i have been assigned a really wiered ip and subnet.

10.119.87.xx
and a dhcp server or

the lappy s woring fine through the router but the iphone and ipad will not connect while the router is connected to the wifi.

is this some sort of nat issue or ios just doesnt lie these strange ip's

Last edited:
Back