Tom Tom or Navigo

P4TCA

'Stupid Scottish White Guy'
Reaction score
TOMTOM GO 510 GPS SAT NAV SATNAV TOM TOM GO510 REFURB on eBay, also GPS Systems, Navigation GPS, In-Car Entertainment GPS, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 04-Jan-09 18:51:39 GMT)

HI Guys,

I am interested in a Sat Nav that has the bluetooth (for hands free) function and Safety Camera's. As a bonus it would be good to have the various voices installed.

The one above costs £90 and the Navigo V2 is £70 from ebuyer. I know nothing of sat navs so I am thinking it would be easier to go with the TomTom rather than mess with the Navigo and not get all the functionallity (ie bluetooth and getting caught on the phone driving would cost more than £20).

Any advice?

If u look at the various threads here, including this one I created, it shows how you can put in tomtom on Navigo.

The advantage of having a dedicated satnav is of course no fiddling about. Its all about personal choice. I prefer the Navigo as I can put on various s/w eg tomtom (different versions at the same time as well!!!), igo, miomap etc

Last edited by a moderator:
Forgot to add, have a look at the reviews for Navigo. Ive not really heard any bad reviews though. Check this site out for what can be done with the Navigo. Remember m8, Im giving my personal opinion, you don't have to go for it, but if you do, there is a small amount of work to do to get it going.

Forgot to add, have a look at the reviews for Navigo. Ive not really heard any bad reviews though. Check this site out for what can be done with the Navigo. Remember m8, Im giving my personal opinion, you don't have to go for it, but if you do, there is a small amount of work to do to get it going.

Cheers again, I have been mulling through all the threads including your ones. In the post above you mention paying for software.

Which unit do you require to pay for software?

Can the navigo handle the speed camera data?

well of course you got to get the s/w legally hence me saying buying it.
TomTom handles speed camera's and you can certainly add them to the navigo.

well of course you got to get the s/w legally hence me saying buying it.
TomTom handles speed camera's and you can certainly add them to the navigo.

Ah see, I come out in a rash when I read buying it.:Laugh:

Back