To Whom It May Concern...UR_/TM

Rat

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
We have done things like this in the Fun & Laughter Room in the past, so thought it could be given a go here on a more serious note :)

this is a letter to UR_/TM that each member can put into words as they would a real letter

copy and paste from previous post and add your bit then re post, hopefully it will all come together and make sense lol (fingers crossed)

Dear UR_/Technomate
Ive been a TM800 owner for nearly a year now, and although things have moved along it seems things are still unfinished
Ive read DigitalWorldz will not be creating images from May 7th
On 07/05/11 at dinner time, i will update my local copy of the SVN (as well as before then) and compile an image without any of the DW addons, and if at the very least all of the bold features above don't work on the image, without something new being disabled, or more PIN protected screens added, then i will be calling time on creating images for the TM800 until UR sort out the problems completely.

TM/UR, look at your download center at the number of downloads the DW modified images have, with the downloads off my site, nearly 4000 in total. look at the amount of people who download the ppanel and rats channel list from my site, these are ALL TM800 owners, whoever posts the images on the download center has said the DW modified images are the best available

People are losing interest in trying to make the TM800 better, as a lot of it is 3 steps forward, 2.5 steps back

23 days
(now less than 23 days)
so

please add anything you feel appropriate

Last edited:
Posted 9 sept 2010

By the end of the month/beginning of October, media playback (mkv, etc) will also be ready.

UR_team

update: wifi is also ready and going through final stages of testing

Posted 4th december 2010

mkv will be added by 23 of dec

UR_team

theres 2 weks of april 2011 left, and people are still waiting, a LOT have given up, and gotten different receivers

the above is something that for 6 months i was told was an 'application issue' and i 'wasted' hundreds of hours trying to get something working, that al along, the UR team knew i wouldnt be able to, but still kept passing me the info that its an application issue

a year later, and they are missing their own publicaly made deadlines, on numerous occasions,

19 days

Last edited:
spoze to be a letter Dude lol

Dear UR_/Technomate
Ive been a TM800 owner for nearly a year now, and although things have moved along it seems things are still unfinished
Ive read DigitalWorldz will not be creating images from May 7th
On 07/05/11 at dinner time, i will update my local copy of the SVN (as well as before then) and compile an image without any of the DW addons, and if at the very least all of the bold features above don't work on the image, without something new being disabled, or more PIN protected screens added, then i will be calling time on creating images for the TM800 until UR sort out the problems completely.

TM/UR, look at your download center at the number of downloads the DW modified images have, with the downloads off my site, nearly 4000 in total. look at the amount of people who download the ppanel and rats channel list from my site, these are ALL TM800 owners, whoever posts the images on the download center has said the DW modified images are the best available

People are losing interest in trying to make the TM800 better, as a lot of it is 3 steps forward, 2.5 steps back

23 days
(now less than 23 days)
so we would like some truthful answers unlike the missed deadlines of the past

Posted 9 sept 2010

By the end of the month/beginning of October, media playback (mkv, etc) will also be ready.

UR_team

update: wifi is also ready and going through final stages of testing

Posted 4th december 2010

mkv will be added by 23 of dec

UR_team

theres 2 weks of april 2011 left, and people are still waiting, a LOT have given up, and gotten different receivers

the above is something that for 6 months i was told was an 'application issue' and i 'wasted' hundreds of hours trying to get something working, that al along, the UR team knew i wouldnt be able to, but still kept passing me the info that its an application issue

a year later, and they are missing their own publicaly made deadlines, on numerous occasions,

19 days

Its time to ask technomate what is going on they have stopped funding the development process and many can not and will not work for free

Dear TM

I am about to buy a second reciever to go with my Duo, I was seriously considering a TM800, I even spoke to Digi about it, well in view of what I've just read there is no chance now, I will spend the extra money on another Duo/Solo .. Simples

Its time to ask technomate what is going on they have stopped funding the development process and many can not and will not work for free

yet they keep working on the same code for tgs400 / 500 and e160hd ?

Dear TM

I am about to buy a second reciever to go with my Duo, I was seriously considering a TM800, I even spoke to Digi about it, well in view of what I've just read there is no chance now, I will spend the extra money on another Duo/Solo .. Simples

mmmm, not sure mate.... only 1 post from that user, think its a late april fools

I was talking more about Digis statement m8 ;)

I was talking more about Digis statement m8 ;)

In my opinion the TM800 with the DW image is actually quite good now anyway, and much better than it was in december last year.

I know there are still a few problems, and functions that do not work still.. but I am not sure they actually put me off the unit.

Priced at just £199 now (GUTTED) it is somewhat of a bargain.

These are my personal views, and by no means Scientific

The other things I liked about TM, is they did hold theres hands up and did FREE recall on the product so they must have some level of customer satisfaction etthics about them, I am not sure other companys would be so quick in doing so.

Technomates customer service goes above and beyond. But, their reputation is being screwed by UR

Technomates customer service goes above and beyond. But, their reputation is being screwed by UR

its a bit of a catch 22 tho', if they binned UR off and got another team to look into the image, it could take another year to sort the problems out,

by which time, their competitors may have launched new hardware that is more powerful and therefore more appealing for new customers.

I am not saying it wont take UR a year to sort it out, because they do seem to drag there feet.

I guess what we the TM owners really want, is more detailed info on progress on the image with regular updates

Again this is my personal opinion

I bought the receiver recently because of the support shown on this forum

I'm sure people will think twice if future support from here is not ongoing or limited

I bought the receiver recently because of the support shown on this forum

I'm sure people will think twice if future support from here is not ongoing or limited

I agree in a sence, because the DW version is by far the best, to the point I give up trying the other images

Lets hope we can get an update from TM or UR

Come on guys , lets get this thread back on track and compose the letter to UR/TM. I have made a start.

Dear UR_/Technomate
Ive read DigitalWorldz will not be creating images from May 7th which is a great shame for users who rely on DW modifications to provide real functionality to the box.

Dear TM

As you are probably aware the guys at the DW forum, are giving up on there versions of the TM800HD software.

I have met Richard in your store, I would guess that he knows deepdown the DW images have given the TM800 the best lease of life to date and it would be a big mistake to let future support from digi and friends cease.

Can you please reassure them and us, that things will change along with accurate lead times, if you dont know the leadtimes just be honest and say that as this would be better than broken promices

Please Please Please Keep the DW images coming by meeting there requirment

Back