TM800HD/VU+Solo Comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not so bad if most fetaures are working, and only some are still WIP.
But to have the majority of features NOT working is just a joke..

- 1st the box is already delayed for over a year form when it was announced.
- The price goies up 50 quid...
- The Wifi module is not included..and is a rip-off at extra 50 Quid.
- Basic features like the card reader, PVR recording, Wifi dont work...
- Several users report fualty Hardware, with reports of over heating, memory leaks/faulty flash memory...

Why release a device when it's clearly not ready, under developed and under tested ?? Then blame end users/buyers/customers and say why are you using features that are not ready...lol thats just ridiculous..

"mickbrush
You are so pessimistic that you want the death of this box
I contacted tm on Friday understood there will be at least 2 image before mid July with
resolution-pvr-and many more functions fixed
you will be very disappointed to hear that or happy ?"

I was making a point of view where in my post does it say the TM800 wont be the better box in six months. If the TM800 is the better box I will post back and say just that. but personaly I think the chances of this are slim.

I will see you here for my peice of humble pie in six months LOL.

Wow I didn't think this thread would get so much criticism :Yikes:

Id like firstly to point out I know sod all about sat compared to you guys and was only trying to put in a little of what Ive learnt and been advised to maybe help members with there decisions on what box to buy,I can assure you I will be keeping my comments to myself from now on in this section,unless I can truly help someone

I compared the 2 boxes as members them selfs compare these 2 mainly from what Ive read,I don't like seeing members get ripped off and from what I see of the 2 boxes the TM in my true honest opinion looked the quality build over the VU+Solo that looked cheap compared (inside and out)

yes I have the TM800
yes I choose it knowing it wasn't ready (my doing)
yes I think the release have been fairly quick in release
yes the box give me TV (main concern)
No the box doesn't record yet (by the end of July Ive been assured)
No and this is the biggest No its not open source as advertised

overall in my opinion I made the right choice,and Im happy

and as satwiz has pointed out about support,it seems to be supporting boxes 10 years old,the after sales has been fantastic in my opinion too

thanks for reading and hope this has helped at least someone

manic01
you are not reading all posts properly and making up as you go
I am one of the beta tester for tm boxes also in contact at least 3 to 4 times a week
you have forgotten when tm announced this box{{ but image is not ready }}
all members asking to be released despite
so tm made big mistake and did not count members like you can not read and can not understand the word not ready
but despite of all warning you bought it why:Clap:
you knew it will take time
you knew it was not ready
why do not you take it back for refund and keep out of it and do not stress your self and waste other members time to explain to you over 1000 times in different languages and different posts NOT READY:banana:NOT READY:banana:NOT READY:banana:NOT READY:banana:NOT READY:banana:NOT READY:banana:NOT REDY:banana:NOT READY:banana:NOT READY:banana:NOT READY:banana:NOT REAY:banana:NOT READY:banana:NOT REDY:banana:NOT READY:banana:
I HOPE YOU HAVE GOT THE MESSAGE THIS TIME
from now on each time you forget the word not ready I will make reminder in different language and also will record mp3 with sound just in case you will listen.may be you will give up.
bassethound
as I understood from tm under 100 units sold via forums to beta testers with big warning to resellers to warn beta testers and forums buyers
over 2900 units sold to customers are not from forums
hand full of members buying knowing what they bought but with fish :Fish:memory capacity forgetting
what is the point
I have repeated myself at least 1000 times in many posts reminding hand full of fish :Fish:memory members
not ready but each time same members repeating same thing again and again in different post
95 % of customers do not use this box as a toy also do not need most of these functions

95 % of customers do not use this box as a toy also do not need most of these functions

You haven't got a .. clue what you're talking about.

Last edited by a moderator:
Satwiz, you keep on about the box not being ready so one question:
When will it be ready?

LOL...Why would anyone spend 250 quid on a box,,,if they dont need basic functions like PVR recording and Card slot working...Your talking absolute rubbish...sounding more and more like someone on the Technomate payroll..

Credit to TM in that they seem to be trying to sort out the early identifed hardware issues...but these issues probbaly shouldnt have been there had the box had been tested properly in the 1st place..

Time will tell suppose...but with the ITgate/URTeam track record so far on software support it doesnt look good..

satwiz I dont realy understand some of your coments

you say only 100 people from forums bought this box knowing it wasent ready and another 2900 other customers bought a box and dident even know it wasent ready ?. This actualy explains the amount of people that are unhappy with there boxes. These people are obviously trying to find out why the features dont work and ending up asking the same questions over and over again on the forums.

Guys just give up.
Satwiz compares 'technomate support' with the industry worldwide developers & support for open source. It is obvious from his narrowminded views that he works for technomate. Nobody here will help him in any way. If technomate decide to become open source and allow developers to help them produce something decent, then it wont be thanks to Satwiz thats for sure. The good members here have valid points & arguments but Satwiz will only continue to say how superb technomate hardware is... and ignore what we all say! It just proves why people are buying elsewhere.
Make your own minds up, we dont need to argue what is better it is plain obvious why technomate are fading into the background.

also understood from tm at this moment there are 3 teams doing different images .you will have surprise of your life when they are out.
I promised not to release any info

in many conversations with tm I was told
they will release source files when all drivers are ready.

Out of curiousity, What teams are they? and how did they come to get the source files, or should i ask, how did they get the drivers, as the actual UR image is a (in my opinion) bootleg of the open PLi, which is whats taking it so long, as everything has to be recoded for the different hardware

They wouldnt have got any source or drivers from the main UR team CVS, as this is now non existant, along with the main UR team forum that was hosted on another vanished forum

I requested the drivers for the possibility of a DW image, even if it meant using snail mail to send them on DVD so that there was no chance of anyone else downloading them

If the hardware drivers are not ready, then the image will NEVER develop, as the enigma code will need to refer to the drivers to make stuff work, the drivers for onboard chips etc, should (would) have been ready, via the different hardware manufacturers before even being designed into a circuit

I personally think TM should cut their losses, and fire the UR team (or whoevers writing this image) and get someone onboard like PLi or nabilo, as the hardwares good, but TBH, the software is shite AT THE MOMENT

People are having to wait and wait for unspecified amounts of time, dates keep slipping, yes we all know its not ready, thats what the delays of nearly a year were due to, so if it takes an image writing 'team' 16 months to create a 'not ready' image, then obviously the 'team' is not ready to be coders

yes i know its hard work, yes i know its 8x the size of an E1 image, but i also know that there are coders out there who will have 99% of the issues sorted within a month

UR is TM linux downfall, and while TM are relying on UR, TMs reputation for linux receivers is spiraling downwards, fast

The people with receivers are aware that the software is not ready, as are coders. i dont see why TM dont create a public CVS, like openPLi, and let real coders get their hands on it, only then will they actually see how poor UR has become

untill then, the only way is down :(

few hours ago I had long conversation with tm
Lets get some fact Wright
1-first sample from factory was in about early march and first time tm 800 was in this forum in page 14 date was 13-apr-2010
100 days ago which is not many years or month as you are making up.
2-tm800 pli is by 100% open source but ur team will not release it until end of august /September 2010
it has to be simplified for public.
3-also understood from tm anybody can not wait can not stop complaining
can get full refund from re seller and stop making such a big deal out of it.
4-its true that over 2900 sold without any complains the very reason is.installers buying from distributors or shop in small quantities using their servers with c:line also explaining to their customers few itemised function not working but ca....sh is ok no problem.
5-what ur team of 7 engineers and 3 hardware engineers have achieved in such short time dm and vu+ did not in long time
I personally prise them
6-new image fix for pvr +resolution+wifi and many more will be ready by Wednesday this week to surprise some members .

in my opinion hand full of members expecting toomuch too soon
few do not have this box making comment on no grounds.ok tm made mistake announcing early finish even big manufacturer like apple and Microsoft Etc have made miss calculation
but you have your right to refund why don't you use it stop going on and on about it?
yes I am pro tm can not deny that .best advise very polite people best customer service few days ago all our receivers replaced with no cost to any of us
honestly ask yourself can vu+or dm or any other can do that { no way }
md of tm ask me to write above and ask all of you again it will take long time to finish this image may be another 2 month
because of holiday time if any of you can not wait take it to your retailer and get refund
this was a mistake to release so early
this will not happen again
I hope this will end all your complains.:banana:
please stop going on and on about just get refund if you are not happy OK:Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap:

Last edited:
6-new image fix for pvr +resolution+wifi and many more will be ready by Wednesday this week to surprise some members .

Thats good to know but how is that gonna help the TM600 that still has multiple issues unresolved?

They have given up on the TM500 & TM600 so why should it be any different for the TM800

Thanks for the update satwiz :)

I personally think Technomate have had negative posts regarding the TM800 and took SOME unnecessary criticism
I have nothing to gain from what Ive said above,its just how I feel

Im happy with mine and will be even happier when recording and ratio is fixed :)

and it looks like thew source will be release by September :)

if they dont keep to there words then Ill be down hearted like some feel already maybe

best way to resolve any problem is not to rubbish tm on any forums
send an email to tm with your request
I am sure they will be pleased to fix any problems for any models:Clap:

Along with satwiz, i too have had quite a long conversation with the main guy at TM today, and can understand the fustrations coming from both sides. Here is the initial announcement for the TM800 being released, both myself and satwiz, and a few others knew this information before the date posted, so i mentioned that slipping dates was a big thing when people are told something, then it doesnt get delivered

yes people can under / over estimate things, and things beyond peoples control can also have an effect on things (volcanic ash anyone? lol)

IF you own a TM800, and have any issues with it, which i knoe quite a few of the people posting dont actually own one, you can do one of the following

Email or phone technomate directly, their details are on the box your receiver came in, you will find they will bend over backwards to try and help you out, as their support has shown over the last 2 weeks for some retailers

alternativley, contact your retailer to arrange to return it for a refund. Depending on your retailers T&C's, and how they initially marketed it in the first place, you shouldnt have any problems, as TM has spoken to most of them (i believe)

Ive spent roughly the last hour going through posts, and of the 4 people making the most noise about these receivers, only one person still has one

Prior to the release of the receiver, the announcement from TM was 'receivers delayed as software not 100% ready'. People, myself included, accepted this, and nagged for the awaited release, knowing there was issues. People then complained that it kept crashing, UR identified what caused most of the crashes, and disabled those functions to make the image stable, pending them being worked on for future releases, again, people, including myself, accepted this, as they would rather have a stable image with some functionality removed than a really buggy one, and things are STILL being fixed, and hopefully towards the end of the week, a few more issues will be resolved

BUT.......

This still wont be good enough for some members who activley look for faults, which is one of the things i do, but, my DM800 hasnt been updated for nearly 2 years, as the image i have on it works, it lets me watch telly, sorted

If you bought a TM800 for your main viewing in the house, knowing the issues with the (3 month old) software, then you only have yourself to blame, for buying an evolving bit of kit, expecting it to be perfect, with linux receivers, theres no such thing, no matter what hardware or image you have

as this thread has now gone round in circles a few times, im going to close it. The announcements from TM are there from both myself and satwiz, and can be verified by ringing or emailing TM on the contact details on your receivers box

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back