TM800HD source code available

Only to certain groups though :( what about single coders ? that play with images as a hobby
so its not really avalible as such

TM800HD source code available

Looks like we are not going to see the source code for this one bally they have only released it to teams, it's still not available to everyone.

as far as i know, anyone who is serious about creating an image can ask TM for the code

TBH i think theyre only releasing the tm800 code, and i think its only due to pressure from enthusiasts who know advertising law.

the TM500/600 are advertised as 'linux based' receivers, whereas for the last 6 months, the tm800 has been advertised as 'open source'

the E1 code has been available to certain teams who have asked for it

While this may not be 100% 'open source' in the true essence of what it describes, itll open the possibilities of more images being developed for the receiver, and the code available to those who are serious about making an image

Can you request that DW want to source for the TM500 Super :)

I have asked for the code and was given a phone number, tried twice today but person wasn't available so will try again tomorrow.

Released only to groups willing to keep it a secret, better than no code but still not what their advertising says.

as far as i know, anyone who is serious about creating an image can ask TM for the code

If anyone can phone and request the source then why didn't they just release it to the public? :err:

A bit pointless that, expect to see it posted online in a few days, lol.

If anyone can phone and request the source then why didn't they just release it to the public? :err:

i hope i am wrong but the way they(TM) handle it just sucks;as other m8s stated this is not open source.

Anyone that releases it without tm's permission will be as bad as tm.

Better to force them to hand it over as it should be without silly restrictions.

@bally12345 What do you expect this quick ?

I have phoned technomate and at the moment code is for teams only, no reason that it can't be issued at a later date for coders that have a genuine interest. They are going for teams/groups because as a rule groups have different members with different areas of interest so any images are more developed.

I can't argue with the logic of this, we have in the cable section all the info for making dm500 and dm600 images and there have been no independant images released.

We can share diffs etc with other groups and tm will implement anything that is useful. They will also implement changes to the core files if they are asked, this is more than dream multimedia offer (there are always files with proprietry code where the source is not available such as head.ko in the dm500 boxes).

This is a good start and I am much happier with the situation now I have spoken to technomate.

Most companys wouldn't consider talking to a member of the public so i'm happy with their open and helpful approach.

You think we will have some good images coming our way then eliie?

@bally12345 What do you expect this quick ?

Erm huh?! I was just clarifying, thats all as I wasnt sure if another update had been released that I may of missed. Dont worry I havent taken your response the wrong way.

There is a new update.
I havn't a clue what the 1st compiled image will be like as I havn't had one myself, normally they are fta only like the dm500/600 cvs ones.

There is a new update.
I havn't a clue what the 1st compiled image will be like as I havn't had one myself, normally they are fta only like the dm500/600 cvs ones.

strange that it says 20101009.Is it another waste of time image?Better wait for the other teams:Clap:

any news on who the 8 Teams are that have been given the CVS Code??

Back