TM800_update-Dd-tmsw-20121021

digidude

Sheep worrier.
VIP Member
Reaction score
TM800 backup modified by digidude

Plugins installed:

1Channel streaming plugin, tested and working.
Rats DW UK channel list updater, tested and working.
LraiZers auto boquets, for those who want channels to
have the same numbering as official Sky UK receivers,
Set to Wales HD by default, but can be changed, this is
an older version of the plugin for ease of use with the
TM800 receiver, tested and working.
Rytec EPG downloader, updated, and set to download
48 hours of EPG every 24 hours, tested and working.

Skin has been changed for HD viewing.

Miniweb has been edited, spelling mistakes and grammar
sorted out, as well as one or 2 other small edits.

BUGS!

This image still has all of the original TM800 core level bugs.
Internal HDD over 120Gb will cause issues with recordings etc
120GB or less is fine. Carrying out a 'Factory reset' can leave
the receiver in an unstable condition, this is the ONLY reason
this image doesnt run the wizard after flashing.

http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/downloads-technomate-satellite-downloads-38.html(Originally uploaded to download section on 21st, please edit this link when available ;))

MD5SUM : 04700662461572E3E8518554969D03AD

Last edited by a moderator:
I approved it on the day, but you uploaded it twice but the second one wasnt approved as I didnt realise you thought it was that good :D

I approved it on the day, but you uploaded it twice but the second one wasnt approved as I didnt realise you thought it was that good :D

it crashed on me the first time i tried it, i got the 'request was reset by servor' error that i used to always get, so tried it again, but didnt actually see anything appear, but i now see 2 of them in the download section lol. if you want to delete the first one (in case its corrupted by the error i saw) then edit my post above where it says 'DOWNLOAD HERE' to point to the page on the download section instead, than thats cool m8 ;)

Thanks. I mistakenly bought this forsaken box and it has been a nightmare since. Hopefully this particular image will solve my crashing and green screen... It has been a nightmare of a few days.:CRYBABY:

i bought one on purpose about 3 months ago (another one) and i wasnt as drunk as sometimes when ive bought things lol online and theyve turned up and ive thought 'wtf is this meant to be' lol

if you want the tm800 for all the E2 plugins etc, then youll have more joy with a box of stickle briks m8, but, if you just want to watch telly, and have a few basic addons, like EPG, picons, channel lists, and 1Channel streaming works, then the box will work, and if using via HDMI, has one of the sharpest pictures available on ANY receiver

if you want advanced functions, its no good, if you want to just watch a good picture, then once its set up, its generally fine :)

i bought one on purpose about 3 months ago (another one) and i wasnt as drunk as sometimes when ive bought things lol online and theyve turned up and ive thought 'wtf is this meant to be' lol

if you want the tm800 for all the E2 plugins etc, then youll have more joy with a box of stickle briks m8, but, if you just want to watch telly, and have a few basic addons, like EPG, picons, channel lists, and 1Channel streaming works, then the box will work, and if using via HDMI, has one of the sharpest pictures available on ANY receiver

if you want advanced functions, its no good, if you want to just watch a good picture, then once its set up, its generally fine :)

I have been unable to watch anything, even after flashing this image. I went to the garage, picked up my TM500 super (which had no problem by the way) and set it back up. I however found out that the coax from the LNB was loose (from the F connector). Could this have been why my TM800 have been behaving funny?

Loose Co-ax at the LNB can definitely cause issues with channels not beiong recieved, loss of signal or poor signal. Put the TM800 back on and test it now you've tightened the co-ax.
Dont expect much though..,the TM800 has just always a been a pile of crap ever since release...you cant polish a turd as they say...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

its all a matter of finding the right person for the job lol

Hi Digidude, ive flashed this image mate, I cant get the epg to work, it wasnt set to downlaod, so i did a manual download but nohting came down at all, any ideas mate please
best regards
Al

TM800 backup modified by digidude

Plugins installed:

1Channel streaming plugin, tested and working.
Rats DW UK channel list updater, tested and working.
LraiZers auto boquets, for those who want channels to
have the same numbering as official Sky UK receivers,
Set to Wales HD by default, but can be changed, this is
an older version of the plugin for ease of use with the
TM800 receiver, tested and working.
Rytec EPG downloader, updated, and set to download
48 hours of EPG every 24 hours, tested and working.

Skin has been changed for HD viewing.

Miniweb has been edited, spelling mistakes and grammar
sorted out, as well as one or 2 other small edits.

BUGS!

This image still has all of the original TM800 core level bugs.
Internal HDD over 120Gb will cause issues with recordings etc
120GB or less is fine. Carrying out a 'Factory reset' can leave
the receiver in an unstable condition, this is the ONLY reason
this image doesnt run the wizard after flashing.

http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/downloads-technomate-satellite-downloads-38.html(Originally uploaded to download section on 21st, please edit this link when available ;))

MD5SUM : 04700662461572E3E8518554969D03AD

Hi Digidude!
Can you tell me please is this image for multisat? Or just for one satelitte?
Thanks.

I can't answer the question. However, the reason the previous image were only 28.2 was that the satellites.xml file in one of the locations only contained 28.2. If it is single sat only, you can replace the satellites.xml

@digidude,

If someone wants a receiver to have the following plugins would they be ok getting this receiver. I have a friend who presently use a tm500 but, they have a friend who uses a tm800 and now they want to upgrade to that only receiver. They have asked me to find the receiver and set it up for them.
The plugins they will be using are,
1channel, cross epg and autobouquets.
Their so called friend has advised that they should only get this receiver. I can't advise them about any other e2 based receiver as they won't listen to anything else. I didn't even try to explain how this receiver was replaced by TM at one point. So, reading from your above post I should be ok as long I don't run too many plugins. Please can you or anyone else confirm.

I don't want them to think I gave them a clone when it starts troubling them.
Thanks.

I dont think anyone would advise you to advise your friends to get the tm800 as it was never really finished. There are many tm alternatives are are ok though.

@digidude,

If someone wants a receiver to have the following plugins would they be ok getting this receiver. I have a friend who presently use a tm500 but, they have a friend who uses a tm800 and now they want to upgrade to that only receiver. They have asked me to find the receiver and set it up for them.
The plugins they will be using are,
1channel, cross epg and autobouquets.
Their so called friend has advised that they should only get this receiver. I can't advise them about any other e2 based receiver as they won't listen to anything else. I didn't even try to explain how this receiver was replaced by TM at one point. So, reading from your above post I should be ok as long I don't run too many plugins. Please can you or anyone else confirm.

I don't want them to think I gave them a clone when it starts troubling them.
Thanks.

Can your friend read or should I say can he understand all that has been written about this receiver? What more do you want to hear? If you don't get it after all that has been said I doubt if u ever will.

Sent from my oJay phone using Tapatalk

Im sure Ive read the 1channel works :)
crossepg dont work
autobouquets Im really not sure about tbh

please do a search in this room before buying, people are still posting about crashing for no reason

Mine never works well for a say without plugins. I sent it back to TM the tested and said it had been fixed.... But still does the same thing in return. I got a mates TM800 and that one works fine in my location. I called TM and they want me to give them some more hard earned cash to het another box under a trade-in guise. I declined. no good money to throw after bad.

even in the very early days all boxes behaved in different ways :) I remember I had bad lip sync issues when others never, I ended up posting small videos to prove I had the problem lol

its not a receiver I would recommend but its is cheap (ask yourself why) so you can see why people look to buy it, shame they dont do a little homework first :)

"A fool a d his money are soon parted" as it proved in my case.

1channel works, LraiZers autoboquets works, but crossepg will not, as rat pointed out

if he wants to stick with TM, then the TM-Single would be the best choice

Back