TM800 source code. PUBLIC!!

i know asolutely nothing but i'd like to see the source code ?

what do i do with the original link ?

svn co svn://warehouse.serveftp.org/LinuxHD/trunk

ID anonymous
passwd anonymous

Is that for use with Filezilla ?

its for use with subversion mainly on linux machines m8, but, that source no longer exists

Any other place this can be viewed ? Thank you

svn: Can't connect to host 'warehouse.serveftp.org': Connection refused

they removed source from public and teams mate some time ago

Thanks Rat, would anyone be willing to make an archive and post it somewhere (e.g. rapidshare) for others to see it?
It will be appreciated by some mates.

yes please someone make an archive and post it somewhere... opensource receiver without source :( :S

It's supposed to be being worked on again any day now so might be worth holding off a bit before putting your time into it. Mind you, that's a Technomate "any day now" so might have to use the "dog age in years" conversion on it. ;)

No seriously, the Twin-OE release is 'imminant' and they've said they will go back to it once released. Don't know how long development time on it will be but worth taking into consideration that code base should be significally changed from something you get from an archive.

Last edited:
Hmm, by any means everyone is happy to hear this, however the source (older or newer) is still a plus to me.
Just getting more attention is better then not getting anything. This is how dreambox was doing it not so long ago.
Was the reason some devs were interested in it. Plugins writing is fun but not like having the real deal with c/c++.
Myself still pledge for the source code.:bighug:

Last edited:
I had it but deleted it ages ago.

It was a hodgepodge and if you changed to much it would become an sr (trader) image.

Hopefully if it comes back it will be oe but I doubt it.

I guess oe is the dreambox way - was this only e2 source with patches or something else ? Any information about the modules ..dvb api ?

Hopefully if it comes back it will be oe but I doubt it.

It's been so long now I can't remember exactly but I think OE (or as close as) is what they promised and why they said it was taking so long

simply disappointed..! with the price of tm800 is better to buy vu+solo clones.... is illegal write opensource on the gift box and the source code are not available. it is a scam!!

is illegal write opensource on the gift box and the source code are not available. it is a scam!!

:roflmao: illegal! FFS, a piss take perhaps but can't see a SWAT team kicking the doors in - it was available but was useless and not proper opensource.... which is why it's not available now, but will be soon. I mean, give em a chance, it's only been 2 years+ ;)

Hmmmm, maybe it's illegal in Albania? That's not where you're from by any chance is it?

Someone opened this thread and it says : " TM800 source code. PUBLIC !! "
I am certain that someone still has this somewhere. Me thinks the problem here is determination.
If they as a company cannot fix this, then they should leave this source open for others to try.
Without any other questions asked. That will show some good will...and people will be less frustrated.
@vampeta - it is not a scam, it is just the way things are.

P.S. I got this box for some time, and in spare time if tools available I can look at it.
Prolly some will say is not worth it. It's not like I am working with deadlines or anything.

Last edited:
If they as a company cannot fix this, then they should leave this source open for others to try.

I couldn't agree with you more mate. It was once available so I can't see any reason why they wont make it available again but I believe they had spent a bit of time making it OE but then got pulled onto Twin project. They've promised they're going back to it so if they can complete the change to OE then great, but if not then hopefully they'll tidy up what they have got and stick it out to public again.

The biggest problem was the low level drivers for the chipset used were so poor and beyond the scope of fixing for what the average 3rd party team would get involved in when creating their own image from base. There are some clever guys out there though and as has been done before on other boxes, solutions were found. I don't know how much TM can make public with those drivers though as it could depend on any legal agreements with NXP

i am in the process of compressing the last available public release of the source code that i have, ready to upload

i tried a few different ways of compressing it for upload, the only way i could do it, was as one single 412Mb zip file. its uploading at the moment to my personal FTP space so ill post a link in the morning.

the files within the zip are 'as is' this is how i downloaded them. its NOTHING like any other source code ive used, everything i learned while trying to teach myself how to code, was learned using this, and now that im trying OE sources, everything that i know, is wrong. if its not what you were expecting to see when you download it, please dont bombard me with pm's, i simply dont have the time to reply and go through everything, as a new OE source is supposed to be on the horizon, and to try and improve on this may well be a pointless excercise

a link will follow shortly though

Back