TM800 source code. PUBLIC!!

Re: TM800 source code. PUBLIC!! Can we stay on topic

Me and my big mouth lol, and I have every model here as well, I should have looked first lol

Me and my big mouth lol, and I have every model here as well, I should have looked first lol

;) now wheres that source code muahahah

PMSL.

Tut Tut Digi, lol.

What happened to Manic01?

Last edited:
source fully public, people not happy, they dont know what to do with it

RTFM lol

Always the same problem and one of the reasons I dont particularly support open source. The only thing open source ever achieves is to take some relatively nice source code and pull it in every direction imaginable as every tom, dick & harry (mainly the dick's I have to add ;) ) try to modify it to do something that they, and only they, want !

Result is always a mess - just look at the dreambox code and most of that mess has been achieved by just a few hundred people who have managed to suss the build environment. The vast majority dont even manage to get that far !

Result is always a mess - just look at the dreambox code and most of that mess has been achieved by just a few hundred people who have managed to suss the build environment. The vast majority dont even manage to get that far !

You may call it a mess, but personally I love the Dreambox scene.

What's not to enjoy about having hundreds of builds, rebuilds, customisations, skins and more apps that you could ever need?

If the Techomate scene gets half as 'messy' as the DMM one, I'll be very happy. :)

the 500/600 wasnt marketed as 'open source' so people wasnt shouting and screaming for it like with the tm800

if it wasnt for it saying 'open source' on the box and the adverts, i dont think this would have ever been released (personally)

Are you sure?

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

TM-500 & TM-600 PVR © Open Source Linux

But the fact that the sources are made public, will not improve by itself the quality of the firmwares, because coders don't work for free to make selling receivers companies rich, DM paid a lot of money and gave free receivers to teams like gemini or uvadi, TM shouldn't except that users that paid for theirs receivers, have to do the job of fixing bugs, that should be TM's obligation.

Good hardware without good software, is like having Windows 3.11 in a quad-core pc. I prefer my dual-core with Ubuntu 10.10. Good hardware without good software is useless. Why can't DM competitors like TM, DGStation or Azbox learn this simple fact, and invest more in software development?

One truly fruitful open-source project in sat world is oscam. It's a great project. The rest is all around money. Sat world is a business now, not hobbie anymore.

...Good hardware without good software is useless. Why can't DM competitors like TM, DGStation or Azbox learn this simple fact, and invest more in software development?

Thats exactly right. The only experts in any software are the people who initially wrote it. Anybody that comes in later is at a very large disadvantage for any codebase of any size. Chances are they are never going to learn the nuances of the system so wont really be able to make any major changes.

Yes, you may be able to fiddle and make some small changes but, tbh, they are likely to be fairly inconsequential. Just look at all the dreambox modders who can fairly easily change the look/feel of things but rarely change/fix any of the fundamentals. There's loads of low-level stuff needs fixing on the dreambox but nobody ever does it because its too "difficult" !

OpenSource when it comes to stb's, btw, is often an incorrect description. In the vast majority of cases the actual 'important' part of the software is closely guarded closed source. This is often partly because its written by chipset manufacturers rather than the stb manufacturer and is subject to various non-disclosure arrangements. Even now, its next to impossible to get a full datasheet on the processor within a dreambox and certain registers are a virtual mystery !

the FULL source code for the TM800 is now available from the same SVN, currently on revision 249. This allows full control over the customisation of the receiver as well as all linux functions. Playing with this and flashing your receiver CAN damage it beyond repair and could invalidate the warranty.

play safe kids

:)

I was under the impression this was for teams to begin with ? Or is it now available to all

Sent from my iPhone

Will the TM600 source ever be released for other developers to play with? or is the TM600 now dead in the water now that UR seem to have abandoned it?

the TM500/600 source has been given to every team that has asked for it

tm500/600 images are being worked on though

the TM500/600 source has been given to every team that has asked for it

tm500/600 images are being worked on though

Cool, thanks for that.

the tm500/600 images you say are being worked on, are they UR or other teams?

both m8, but i think URs priority at thew present time is finishing the E2 image

there is one team working on both E1 and E2 at the same time though

the FULL source code for the TM800 is now available from the same SVN, currently on revision 249. This allows full control over the customisation of the receiver as well as all linux functions. Playing with this and flashing your receiver CAN damage it beyond repair and could invalidate the warranty.

play safe kids

I know I'm bumping an age old thread (sorry) but I take it this is repo is long dead? as it says connection refused for me now.

yes m8, waiting for new details

hi to all
someone could post the source please?
even in private?
if they are old and the same
I can not find them anywhere
Thanks in advance

any update on the source? I would like to build a few things for tm800, like aMule, torrent client, maybe some games... but need source. anyone? :)

Back