TM800 iQ images & hard drives

digidude

Sheep worrier.
VIP Member
Reaction score
In order for your hard drive to function correctly, whether internal or external, with the release of the latest iQ images, it will need complete reformatting.

I have not had hardly any problems with my hard drives, but in trying to recreate an issue, discovered that something from the way the drive is formatted by a UR image doesnt like the iQ images.

in UR images, especially with HD channels, i had very little problems, play, pause, FF, FR all fine. With iQ images, i could play, pause and stop, but, if i tried FF or FR, id lose sound when i pressed play, i could press Audio then OK to get it back, but this was every time i tried FF/FR

i reflashed the receiver, still the same

so i then decided to completley format the drive, and try again. still the same, so i formatted the drive again, and turned the power off to the receiver

IT WORKS!!

ive now tried quite a few HD recordings, and they have all been fine on FF/FR

So if youre having playback issues, especially on HD recordings, and especially if its the audio playing you up, please try the following.

Press USB on your remote
highlight your drive
press RED button to format

WAIT (mine took nearly 15 minutes)

once the drive has finished formatting, TURN OFF YOUR RECEIVER!! not just a restart or a reboot, actually turn off the power completley

turn it back on
wait for everything to boot up
press USB
highlight your drive
press OK to set as the default recording device

Since doing this, ive not had any playback issues at all

will this work on 31st iQ image too Dude ?
when you say HD channels was it an encrypted HD channel mate ?

I tried this on the first iQ image (31/5/11) and it worked :)

flashed latest iQ image (15/6/11) again it worked :)

Thanks Dude :thumbsup:

i only tried this on the latest image m8, what i may try is going back to 31/5 and making a recording, then flash with 15/6 image and check if it still works without needing to reformat, which in theory, shouldnt need reformatting

I did that mate :)
I did all the formating etc on the 31st 5th image

the flashed 15th 6th and it worked without re formatting again :)

Has anyone tried recording using the timer in cool epg. I tried one the other night and all I get is audio no video, I tried again last night and got the same result. I am using an extenal powered usb HDD.

Has anyone tried recording using the timer in cool epg. I tried one the other night and all I get is audio no video, I tried again last night and got the same result. I am using an extenal powered usb HDD.

I just tried a timer recording of Leap Year (HD) and audio and video was there fine cuebase :) I take it you have followed digi's advice in post 1 ?

I did Rat but i will try another format of the drive. Incidently i tried timer record as a test and only recorded a small piece and it worked. It is when i record a whole movie it dosent seem to work. I wonder is when it goes to release the recording does somethning go wrong.

I just tried a timer recording of Leap Year (HD) and audio and video was there fine cuebase :) I take it you have followed digi's advice in post 1 ?

Back