TM7102-HD Super usage information

DaveBH23

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all
I've just joined and hope to be of help to others,eventually.

Firstly, very pleased with newly acquired TM7102-HD Super's performance (ie the bits I've found out how to use to date).

Please note that I have no ADDONS or patches installed. just the supplied TM software (latest issue)

The user manual is well produced but for someone totally new to other than a simple Humax receiver is lacking detail.

I'm gradually finding my way around the menus but some activity must wait on upgraded terrestrial aerial and an extra feed from my LNB currently fixed on 28.2E.

One surprise, luckily noticed in time, is that the terrestrial aerial loop though is switched off in standby mode.

One 'nasty' seems to be that you cannot turn off when recording. My assumption based on previous equipment use was that the kit would 'understand' that it should delay switching off until recording had finished. It works as expected when using the timer.

I'm a bit vague about patches and their relationship to Technomate.

I'll work on finding and installing the latest patch using DW users instructions, maybe my struggles will then end.

Will greatly appreciate any guidance, cheers all.

dont worry too much about the patches they may sound like a grey area to some but all they really are is the original TM firmware with other little bits bolted on so to speak. if you do patch the receiver which is well worth while by the way you will also benefit from the ADDON as well so install both and let the fun begin

dont worry too much about the patches they may sound like a grey area to some but all they really are is the original TM firmware with other little bits bolted on so to speak. if you do patch the receiver which is well worth while by the way you will also benefit from the ADDON as well so install both and let the fun begin

So grateful for clarification and recommendation, will download as soon as I qualify.

I wonder if you had any success with patching etc. I am also a newbie here, have got TM7102-HD as well for over a year now. Patched it only recently with 127p (successfullly I think) and now trying to discover all the features and channels I can get. I also managed to copy data from TM7120 to comp and back over LAN and also tried briefly the channel editor software but did not find it particularly user-friendly.
So if you need a help with any of this, I will try to remember exactly what I did...

I wonder if you had any success with patching etc. I am also a newbie here, have got TM7102-HD as well for over a year now. Patched it only recently with 127p (successfullly I think) and now trying to discover all the features and channels I can get. I also managed to copy data from TM7120 to comp and back over LAN and also tried briefly the channel editor software but did not find it particularly user-friendly.
So if you need a help with any of this, I will try to remember exactly what I did...

I'm waiting to get enough posts so as to get ADDONS to join 127p patch. Also, am tied up with installing new tv in new location, got the drill, cable, ladder, paint etc one last effort then I'll be onto patching.
Very interested in your success with using a LAN, don't suppose a direct cable to a laptop is possible? How did you set up your LAN?
Thanks for your interest and help.

I'm waiting to get enough posts so as to get ADDONS to join 127p patch. Also, am tied up with installing new tv in new location, got the drill, cable, ladder, paint etc one last effort then I'll be onto patching.
Very interested in your success with using a LAN, don't suppose a direct cable to a laptop is possible? How did you set up your LAN?
Thanks for your interest and help.

My TV is far from my router so I used homeplugs (internet through mains socket) to connect the TM7120 to the router. Not sure if you can make it work directly with cross-over LAN cable. You will need STBdaemon (I have got version 3.03 but not sure where I got it from) and this HOWTO in pictures was essential for me:

harddisc to computer Photos by Jan_Gruuthuse | Photobucket

BTW. I have not installed any addon (yet).

My TV is far from my router so I used homeplugs (internet through mains socket) to connect the TM7120 to the router. Not sure if you can make it work directly with cross-over LAN cable. You will need STBdaemon (I have got version 3.03 but not sure where I got it from) and this HOWTO in pictures was essential for me:

harddisc to computer Photos by Jan_Gruuthuse | Photobucket

BTW. I have not installed any addon (yet).

Thanks for help, still tied up with installing new TV. may have to go down homeplug route for that, if so, will use your advise.
BTW I read that after loading a patch the S/W version will change to that of the patch (menu>System Information)

Thanks for help, still tied up with installing new TV. may have to go down homeplug route for that, if so, will use your advise.
BTW I read that after loading a patch the S/W version will change to that of the patch (menu>System Information)
Yes. That is correct. It also adds CAS Menu and BISS Menu in that section. There are also other small things which are different such as start-up screen and some other changes to Menu.

The only thing, which puzzles me a bit is the Menu->Installation->Option section. There is a list of 'PREMIERE AU', 'DIGITV AU' etc. Does anyone know what AU stands for and what is all this about?

Automatic update, from away back....

Cheers, port06

Hi Jarus,

This is for Automatic update .......from away back.....From memory I think you can safely set to off.....

Cheers, port06

Back