TM600_20-01-10 (UR) feedback

k217ajw

Inactive User
Reaction score
Just been testing the new image:

-Still has Widescreen Bug
-Seems slow, but then again they all seem to have got slower since the July releases, general channel changing and menu browsing seems juddery.
-Audio sync does not seem right, when you first change channels audio is out of sync quite a bit then takes about 30 seconds to get right. Again this seems to have got worse, July releases seem best. I tried turning the Enable fast zapping on and off but I notice no difference either on or off and im not entirely sure what this does.

Oh, why does it not say 'UR' in the file name?

I have a dm500 and have not got these issues at all.

Thanks

one other thing i think was on the July image that doesn't seem to work on this one, was you press the record button to start recording then hold it, it would auto detect from epg end time of program and set timer for you, this seemed to stop working whenever the remote repeat rate was changed.

@k217ajw
Doesn't seem very slow to me did you do a factory reset after flashing ? might want to check the remote repeat/delay options. also i notice the audio sync on some encrypted stuff, do you get sync problems on FTA aswell?

also is there anyway to remove the PIN on the Blue Pannel ?

p.s
Thanks to the UR team for dev'ing this image :D

sounds like the UR image releases are getting worse rather then better, to be honest I could not be arsed with the box at all its back in the cardboard box that it came in.

Theres a new Gemini image for the 600 though so I'm gonna have a bash at that and manually stick the 2.3 cccam on

I cant even be botherd with record options and usb shite I wish I never bought the box to be honest I like the simple things in life.

Looks like I'm chewing my words when I said Id never pay through the teeth for a full TV package but instead of all the stress l think its gonna end up happening. (happened)

I always preferred cable but decided to give sat a go unfortunately it,s not for me to much faff on you spend more time pissing about then watching the TV.

Firmwares for technomate linux receivers are terrible, still, they want to sell hd linux receivers... good luck for them, it's a shame, because tm600 hardware is very good, but a cheap dm500 with gemini 4.70 it's a better receiver because of the fully functional software. At least external readers should work, as well as a good osd with ecm expert mode support.

I have a TM600 and it does everything I ask it to. Only issue I have had is a slight lip sync issue now and again but that corrects in secs.

Same here, only had it a couple of days but cant fault it,very impressed with it.
As for the images, i would think the teams that are coding these images are still getting use to the hardware of these boxes and think all the features will get sorted eventually.

A big thanks to all the modding teams for there hard work so far, keep it up, some of us appreciate the work and time you put in.

Cheers Derek

Had the tm600 for 3 months now with cs and works brilliantly. Only problem I do have is the controller is very slow to control the box all the time even with new batteries and after reflashing the receiver.

A big thank you to the UR team. i have had TM600 from the start the one with two starts and no component out, OK its got a few little niggles but no one tells us the plus things like no problems with any motor, i have never bricked one yet dosent keep finding new channels because i have my list and dont want any more.instent key download via red button ,download new UR software without loseing channel list and other info.
I would like on the next patch the black matrix skin , and a good epg

one other thing i think was on the July image that doesn't seem to work on this one, was you press the record button to start recording then hold it, it would auto detect from epg end time of program and set timer for you, this seemed to stop working whenever the remote repeat rate was changed.

@k217ajw
Doesn't seem very slow to me did you do a factory reset after flashing ? might want to check the remote repeat/delay options. also i notice the audio sync on some encrypted stuff, do you get sync problems on FTA aswell?

also is there anyway to remove the PIN on the Blue Pannel ?

p.s
Thanks to the UR team for dev'ing this image :D

I tried fiddling with the remote repeat/delay but it still seeme a bit juddery and slow compared to the July release. And yes i did factory reset before and after flash and did the flash via RS232 Serial, which IMO is more reliable.

I have not tried with Enc channels, I have a dm500s on 13e and 19e with cs and my TM600 is on 28.2e just for FTA at the moment. Im not really bothered about enc channels on 28.2e to be honest.

When I press up or down throught the menu. It looks unresponsive. One time it jumps to where I want, next time it take too long, when again fast, when slow and so on. Is it normal for technomates?

When I press up or down throught the menu. It looks unresponsive. One time it jumps to where I want, next time it take too long, when again fast, when slow and so on. Is it normal for technomates?

No problem here m8 with the remote, try putting the latest UR image on

Derek

I've just noticed that on this image on the TM600, recording timers don't work properly, don't think it wakes up completley when coming out of standby to record and you just end up with a file that doesn't seem to play in anything.
I guess that is whats happening anyway as all my timers that have started while box was on have worked fine but any that started when box was in standby don't work.

I flashed this image onto my box this week after avoiding changing from the October release (if it aint broke etc, etc) :proud:
Any how I haven't found many problems that I didn't have before - agree the box does seem slow to respond to the remote and the audio sync lag is still there but sorts itself after 5-10 seconds.
On the upside the widescreen issue which I was having with STV (ITV in Scotland) has now sorted so I'm happy and thankful for that.
Tried the Gemini image before this one and didn't like it so came back to UR.

Thanks guys, keep up the good work !! :Clap:

As this is my first linux box I cant comment on previous releases. But am very happy with UR20-01-10. I did have a scary moment with UR22-12-09 which locked the box up, leaving me with only a serial option to fix.

Biggest issue as a newbie was the response times in the blue pannel and other menu's

ie changing cams or settings in channel search in a highlighted box via left or right on the remote.

Found the 0 button swap by accident. (same as my freeview box).

Keep up the good work UR People. csb

CCcam not running when the box is in now in standby is a bit of a nuisance, this never happened with the 11/10 version and was handy so I didn't need to leave box on all night. I suppose the upside is I am now leaving my box on JSC+3 overnight so it captures loads of EMM's for my local Al Jazz card which has been a problem for the Irdeto card recently.

Back