TM600 MultiView EPG testing...

not sure why that's happening try changing "nameserver" in LAN to > 208.67.222.222

if not here's the .tar.gz for it

That worked for me when i got the issue stated abit above. Thanks for the superb work tonedeff

No joy mate, tried inputting the ip didn't work.
Tried installing the tar file and it gets stuck on installing.

not sure what the problem is then..

have you got a drive/mount on /hdd/ ?

did you do the two commands in blue panel before installing ?

"Create /hdd/mv/ - Do Before Install"
"Set MV to use /hdd/mv/ - Do Before Install"

have you run out of memory in "addons manager"?

hi mate

i got everything setup ok but..... as it downloads for mv it works away getting data then says segmentation fault and then indexing data .. overture fichier /hdd/mv/skyuk/epg.dat impossible

also when i tried to update gui conf.bin comes up with error that cannont connect check communication settings

any help mate?????

not sure what the problem is then..

I have the weekepg settings set to save to hdd it shouldn't cause any problems.

It was the first thing I did mate.

I only have weekepg plugin and cccam installed which takes up about 16% of the total memory.

I'm going to downgrade the image to UR 14-08-10 to see if that makes any difference.
The problem seems to be with communication settings though they seem to be fine.

Hi ToneDeff,

Ive been following this thread with interest even though i use a DM7020 and not a TM,now that Mplug gives the segmentation fault error at about 20mg into the download and so no longer gives the full EPG data,and MMMMMM has had a hard drive crash and lost the source code for good.Mplug im affraid is now a thing of the past.

ive successfully managed to get weekepglog to download 5 days of EPG data in dat format and open it in MV,and ive written a script to run weekepglog from my scripts in my box,so all is cool,i now have full sky uk EPG again using your channels.uk as imput.

ok my problem is i cannot figure out what to write in my script to get my box to switch to the EPG background audio channel,before the download and then back again after it is completed.ive tried all combinations i could think of from your script in post number 11 of this thread,but it just wont work.so i have to manually go to this channel,download the data and then manually switch back again.

i dont need all of the other ellaborate stuff in there about standby ect,i just need to add the lines to make it switch channels,much like it does when i use weekepg 3.2b
if you could help me out that would be great,as then i can setup a crond for automatic updates during the night.
ive sent a pm to PCD about this on IHAD,but he is far too technical for me and answered with all sorts of script information,which in all honesty,left me totally perplexed.

any chance you could help me out buddy?
just with the simple two lines that would make my box switch channels.

cheers matey.Ian.

Hi ToneDeff,

Ive been following this thread with interest even though i use a DM7020 and not a TM,now that Mplug gives the segmentation fault error at about 20mg into the download and so no longer gives the full EPG data,and MMMMMM has had a hard drive crash and lost the source code for good.Mplug im affraid is now a thing of the past.

ive successfully managed to get weekepglog to download 5 days of EPG data in dat format and open it in MV,and ive written a script to run weekepglog from my scripts in my box,so all is cool,i now have full sky uk EPG again using your channels.uk as imput.

ok my problem is i cannot figure out what to write in my script to get my box to switch to the EPG background audio channel,before the download and then back again after it is completed.ive tried all combinations i could think of from your script in post number 11 of this thread,but it just wont work.so i have to manually go to this channel,download the data and then manually switch back again.

i dont need all of the other ellaborate stuff in there about standby ect,i just need to add the lines to make it switch channels,much like it does when i use weekepg 3.2b
if you could help me out that would be great,as then i can setup a crond for automatic updates during the night.
ive sent a pm to PCD about this on IHAD,but he is far too technical for me and answered with all sorts of script information,which in all honesty,left me totally perplexed.

any chance you could help me out buddy?
just with the simple two lines that would make my box switch channels.

cheers matey.Ian.

this should work, you may need to disable webui auth for localhost on certain images.
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

change these two lines

weekepglog -e /var/tuxbox/config/mv/skyuk/ -n 8 -f -l uk
epgidx /var/tuxbox/config/mv/skyuk/epg.dat

to the location you want to use.

thanks mate,but it doesnt work.

i start the script and i get the message onscreen that the script is running which is correct,but the channel does not change to the EPG background audio channel,it just remains on the channel that the dreambox is currently on and the script is running message stays perminantly onscreen.i have to reboot to get rid of it and of course because the channel doesnt change,nothing is downloaded.

how do you disable webui auth for localhost in the SIFteam 1.9.4 image?

i see from your script that you appear to be actually logging the data from within MV?

i dont do that namely because i dont know how too.i wish i did !
i just go into my scripts and choose the script i wish to run from the menu's withing my image.
maybe this is the problem?
MV only comes into play after the data is downloaded.i start MV and it index's the downloaded data and then loads it.the first time can take about 30seconds,but all times after that it loads straight way.

when i run this line from telnet,just to see if it would change the channel

i get this responce.

wget: server returned error 401: HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized

Ian.

Last edited:
on your image, go into the expert setup menu, and disable 'http authentication'

you say you had a lot of information posted to you from iHaD, but couldnt understand some of it, could you post it for others to take a look at m8?

thanks digidude.

after disabling http authentication in my image,the commands posted by ToneDeff now work in telnet,but not from my script.

i dont understand why.
is there something else that needs to be added when using these commands in script format?

Ian.

ps the information i was posted was by the way of a link to a site,but the sites in German and when translated through google,it becomes even harder to understand,if thats possible lol.

EDIT:when i said the commands work in telnet,thats not strictly true as i have to issue
wget -q -O /dev/null http://localhost/cgi-bin/zapTo?path=`cat /tmp/service`
TWICE
to get my box to go back to the original channel that it was on.
but it does switch to the EPG channel ok and then download the data ok

Last edited:
has anyone any idea why these commands wont work when placed in a script?
cheers.Ian.

all sorted and running perfectly from crond.
thanks to all who helped.Ian.

Hi ToneDeff

when using MV and the dat file downloaded from weekepglog using your updated channels.uk list,is there anyway to tag the films like was possible with Mplug?

with Mplug,instead of using your channels.uk file,it used a file called chanRad.in which was basically copied and pasted from the radiotimes website,but to tag films you just had to add films=yes at the top of the file.

then when you pressed the number 7 button within MV a list of all the films for that day appeared in the flims box,much like it does when using weekepg3.2b and the themes option from your file and selecting the movie theme.

ive not been able to do this,perhaps you can figure it out? as this feature would be very handy indeed.
open up MV and press number 7 and you will see what i mean.presently the box is empty.
but if you go to say sky germany that still uses the mediahighway file,when you open MV and press number 7 the box is full.

its that feature,that i wish to try to add to MV when using your channels.uk file together with weekepglog.

any ideas buddy?

hope ive made myself clear for you.

Ian.

Last edited:
Will MV Epg work properly on a Tm500 super ?
I've had some success running it but it seems temperamental.

I think it should work m8 ,what errors are you getting ?

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

I've been trying to get this to work using Lraizer AutoBouquets and Weekepg. Weekepg works fine. I'm using a TM500 super, so no HDD. I have edited the the lines in post 26 to point to a different location. I have also edited the line with the epg channel to match what @LraiZer mentioned in the other thread. However when I press load epg data, nothing happens.

How do I execute by telnet to see what the errors are?

Last edited by a moderator:
Would just like to say a big thanks to Tonedeff for all his work in this area. Managed to get this working on my TM9100 which was the only thing missing that I really needed.

Back