TM600 and EPG

redhead

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi everybody, I recently bought tm600 and have the latest software running on it but from the begining epg is working for a little while when I restart the receiver only.

Anybody can help me pls?

If you are connected to the net with your box then D/L weekepg from the blue button, its the best we have at present, but hopefully will improve as time goes on

Derek

If you are connected to the net with your box then D/L weekepg from the blue button, its the best we have at present, but hopefully will improve as time goes on

Derek

As Derek says, its in the pipeline we hope for a decent EPG for the tm500/600

I think it's mentioned recently that a Gemini image for a tm600 has a better epg than the UR images.

Hando

Thanks mate I will try weekepg.

Have fun with it m8, I can't seem to get it working properly lol .... others seem to get on ok with it, thing I find strange with weekepg is that when i run it, it opens say in the radio channel part.

Hopefully those who can will make a decent epg, been trying to find out whats invovled and was told its a coders thing .... ;)

hando

it opens radio because epg is sent on a stream flagged as radio afaik

think it's labled "hip hop"

the next image will have folder shortcuts to link a hdd folder to the internal usb port and an mmc folder linking to the rear port, this will then make the TM600 compatible with all epg plugins available

weekepg is actually pretty decent if you spend a bit of time playing with it and getting used to it

on a TM600 i can browse programmes on now on every channel, browse programmes on a specific channel for the next 8 days, zap straight from the epg to a channel, send programme info for any channel for any time in the next 8 days straight to the timers list for recording, have direct access to the timer list to view or edit it, zap straight to the epg for the channel being viewed

i can store epg data for 601 channels, with 8 days of info without having any external storage connected, and access to the whole epg data is instant once its all been configured

it may not be as user friendly as the sky EPG, youd need to be a pretty damn good linux programmer to replicate that, but with an hour of sitting down, configuring and playing with weekepg, it is pretty good, id even stretch to saying its better than the nabilo EPG on my DM800

if i get time ill create a guide to how i use it

the next image will have folder shortcuts to link a hdd folder to the internal usb port and an mmc folder linking to the rear port, this will then make the TM600 compatible with all epg plugins available

Question already answered above

Thanks m8

Hando

Last edited:
ok mate thanks I'll have a play when the new image is out !

Thanks

Hando

heres the latest weekepg 3.3b, newer version to the one on the blue panel, thanks to fearona for finding it, and to MaxZ4 for writing it

unpack the rar file, and ftp the var folder straight to the root of your receiver, itll prompt you to overwrite, click 'yes to all'

press the yellow button on your remote and weekepg 3.3b will be in the plugins list

i just started looking into weekEPG, after configuring etc and matching to same channels as my bouquet it's ALOT better then my first impression of it.

on a TM600 i can browse programmes on now on every channel, browse programmes on a specific channel for the next 8 days, zap straight from the epg to a channel, send programme info for any channel for any time in the next 8 days straight to the timers list for recording, have direct access to the timer list to view or edit it, zap straight to the epg for the channel being viewed

once you set all of that working it's alot nicer, i set it for 3days with about 50 channels and updated within 20 mins, before i'd only looked at it quickly and didn't configure offline data so wasn't even showing channel in background :p

p.s
the "weekepg 3.3b" doesn't seem to be displaying text properly or wasn't for me anyway.

Last edited:
the "weekepg 3.3b" doesn't seem to be displaying text properly or wasn't for me anyway.

reboot m8, i had the same problem, it was as though it was all in italian or sommat, rebooted the box and alls now well

reboot m8, i had the same problem, it was as though it was all in italian or sommat, rebooted the box and alls now well

Same thing for me, text was italian but at the time I was on 13e watching a channel that could make you go blind ...or so they say :FRIGHT:
Rebooted and swung it round 28e "is ok now Boss".
Funny thing happen tho, when I was messing around I semmed to delete all the channels from the log .... but I just droped them back in via DBEdit.

Hando

@digi, would like to see your guide when you get time to make one ,just to make sure I'll all set up right :)

Last edited:

thxs didn't think to try that :)

and here's an installer for it, just extract the .tar from .zip and put it into /tmp/ dir then do manual install from addons manager. just packed digi's attachment into .tar.gz

also digi do you have any idea how the formatting works in /var/etc/channels.uk

e.g
1;1402;Sky1;106;125f:7ee:2
1;1833;Sky2;107;13f0:7eb:2
1;1832;Sky3;108;13ef:7eb:2

as it seems to use that for zapping and naming but some are old channel names and don't zap to right channel, if i can work it out i'll go through and update/fix what i can

Edit:
found the info for it posted somewhere else, seems like abit of a headache to update :D
This is a how to make a correct Sky Uk epg list

a=download channel yes or no ( 1 or 0 )
b=channel ID
c=Channel name
d=Sky EPG number
e=SID ( from dreambox edit )
f=TSID
g=Network ID

The service id (SID position e can be read from dreamboxedit 3.0. Keep in mind that in dreambox edit its in decimal not in hex so you need to convert it to be used in EPG list.
TV3 Ireland sid is 9605 dec = hex 2585
to find the Channel iD for the uk list, you will need a copy of the CCcam.channelinfo, Open it and scroll down until you find # BSkyB (28E) VideoGuard, in that list you will find this line 0961:000000:2585 "BSkyB - TV3 Ireland [NDS]"
Remove everything marked in red
0961:000000:2585 "BSkyB - TV3 Ireland [NDS]"
and you will have the Channel id

A; B ; C ; D ; E : F : G
1;1255;TV3 Ireland;104;2585:7fb:2

Thanks to Mr Cool Span/Nabilosat member

Last edited:
think i've just about manged to figure out how to edit the channels.uk weekepg uses, working on matching it to my fixed dish list a the moment with new/removed channels etc so it will record/zap to the right places :p

i'll test it some more then post when it's done, probably going to take a while though...

Edit:
given up on that idea for now, can't figure it out at all, managed to match all channels to my list in right order etc, and get the epg data but zapping/timer doesn't send the right channel :(

Last edited:
think i've just about manged to figure out how to edit the channels.uk weekepg uses, working on matching it to my fixed dish list a the moment with new/removed channels etc so it will record/zap to the right places :p

i'll test it some more then post when it's done, probably going to take a while though...

Edit:
given up on that idea for now, can't figure it out at all, managed to match all channels to my list in right order etc, and get the epg data but zapping/timer doesn't send the right channel :([/QUOTE

Trying to add regional itv (Granada) to channels.uk, but cant figure out the channel id, got ccam channelinfo 21-1-10 but itv granada is not in the list, is there any other way to get the channel id

Done the rest but wont get epg without this.

BTW do you get unknown in the box at the bottom left of the setup

Cheers Derek

i'm not sure how they are produced using the method i posted earlier i could get EPG listing working but zapping wouldn't work, have you managed to get zapping work on any channels you've added ?

here's a recently updated alphabetic list i manged to find, ones i tried worked to get epg data but there's no zapping...

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

also i think ordering of channels in weekepg is done by the "epg" number.

e.g 1;6511;3e;50;CB87:8FD:2

Last edited:
Back