TM500S Lastest EPG?

Thanks Abu ,excellent explanation.
I am using Irish region,I changed the autoscan file in the frontend folder .

It ran perfectly when I first installed it last month but it doesnt seem to be working now.
I actually couldnt find any satellites.xml in var/etc before I transferred in Al's one .

On the Tm500 there is no Autobouquet panel isnt that correct,you just run it via the plugins and it works away in the background ?
It must be something small.

Enigma version of AutoBouqets does not work like the Commando version.
The Commando version does a conventional scan by using the data in the satellites.xml and then making the bouquets.

The Enigma 1/2 version gets the data off Service Description Table, Bouquet Allocation Table and so forth. I don't really understand it, but Lraizer when he gets a chance, can probably explain better. If you plug in a Sky receiver that has not been used for several years, it will still download correct channel list irrespective of changes to transponders etc.

I have just done an AB scan with only the following line for 28.2 in the satellites.xml on a TM500S. It created the bouquets fine, found 81858 summaries for the epg. Channel details are hardcoded.
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

I am using London region setting, that has worked OK for me. Norfolk setting is pulling in wrong region. Not sure whether those details are hardcoded in the reader file.

Agreed, it makes sense to keep the satellies.xml file updated.

@Fano Which region settings are you using?

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you sure it is not updating channels/bouquets? It will change the date in the Autobouquets folder at the bottom of bouquets.

autoscan is in /var/bin. Hope you edited it with a linux compatible editor.

Attachments

• autoscan.png
    autoscan.png
    46.7 KB · Views: 5
Are you sure it is not updating channels/bouquets? It will change the date in the Autobouquets folder at the bottom of bouquets.

autoscan is in /var/bin. Hope you edited it with a linux compatible editor.

Thanks Abu Baniaz,it managed to resolve itself after a few days ,I ran it again and it worked fine.Weird not sure what the issue was .
Btw will the plugin work on a dreambox 600 ?

Btw will the plugin work on a dreambox 600 ?
Yes it will work and depending on image the proper frontend that Lraizer made works. Follow the path of folder paths individually and chmod 755 them as you transfer.
There is usr folder instead of var.

Yes it will work and depending on image the proper frontend that Lraizer made works. Follow the path of folder paths individually and chmod 755 them as you transfer.
There is usr folder instead of var.

Good stuff.
Enigma 1 image I presume ,probably wouldnt work on PCD Enigma 2 image for the 600 ,I will soon find out !

hi .. can u please tell me how did you do the factory reset? thanks

hi .. can u please tell me how did you do the factory reset? thanks
YOu should have reallu posyted a new thread as it has nothing to do with the thread title. Helps others in same situation.

Anyway, Switch off rocker switch. Keep holding the Channel UP button on receiver, (keep it pressed) and power on. You will have option to factory reset.

YOu should have reallu posyted a new thread as it has nothing to do with the thread title. Helps others in same situation.

Anyway, Switch off rocker switch. Keep holding the Channel UP button on receiver, (keep it pressed) and power on. You will have option to factory reset.

Thank you ..Abu

I usually maintain my own channel.uk file for weekepg and rely on the epg id log for open tv Silsila posts on the forum.

If I use e1 autobouquets does the channel.uk file automatically update with epg id's for new channels that launch?

As far as I am aware yes. Attched is a copy of one generated today for you to compare/confirm.

It works fine with the weekepg plugin. Would love to get the MV one to work as it definitely looks better.

Attachments

• channels_uk.rar
    6.5 KB · Views: 6
As far as I am aware yes. Attched is a copy of one generated today for you to compare/confirm.

It works fine with the weekepg plugin. Would love to get the MV one to work as it definitely looks better.

I can confirm it does grab the latest epg id's.

Nearly there, still not showing anything though. I have tried changing the epg to 1 day as well. Chnaged the week epg path /tmp/mv/ as well now, still same.

updating
Code:

update script
Code:

Attachments

• tmp_mv epg.png
    tmp_mv epg.png
    20.7 KB · Views: 5
  • mv input.png
    mv input.png
    13.2 KB · Views: 4
  • tmp epg.png
    tmp epg.png
    32.4 KB · Views: 3
@abu
I've just got this setup on my TM9100. Having looked you outputs it look exactly the same as mine. My mv is working fine though. Maybe try and re-install MV?

Side question please.

Could some give me a overview or point my at a thread which details how to maintain my channels.uk file please?

Abu, thanks for posting your from 11/12/2013. This is the one I'm currently using.

Last edited by a moderator:
Abu, just noticed that on your MV input config you have enigmacache. I don't have this. I only have 1 entry (skyuk). Try removing enigmacache. Not sure it will make any difference but worth a try.

I tried it with and without enigmacache. No joy I am afraid.

Autobouquets E1 will update the channels.uk file.

Back