TM500S Lastest EPG?

The bouquets are there but no EPG?
It definitley creates the dbepg_map.uk and channels.uk in and they are the right size. Weekepg plugin says that they are out of date. I am afraid I don't know what radio channel to download from so can't compare with the one that the weekepg plugin creates.

1/2 is working. Half full instead of half empty is my view.

Hopefully someone with some knowhow will take this on.

Are you saying that there's suppose to be an epg with AutoBouquets?
And do i have to install something else to get epg's?

It definitley creates the dbepg_map.uk and channels.uk in and they are the right size. Weekepg plugin says that they are out of date. I am afraid I don't know what radio channel to download from so can't compare with the one that the weekepg plugin creates.

1/2 is working. Half full instead of half empty is my view.

Hopefully someone with some knowhow will take this on.

Are you saying that there's suppose to be an epg with AutoBouquets?
And do i have to install something else to get epg's?

Last edited by a moderator:
Awh Ok. Btw this autobouquets, is it meant to update in the background?

EPG is not something I really looked into on the TM500/600. Lraizer's comment above was teh eye opener.
Maybe @silsila, @ToneDeff @sakiblateef @digidude can help.

Here is the thread for the epg. Bear in mind that hiphop does not exist. Someone should be along to say which chanenl to use now.

try changing to the epg background audio channel in weekepg plugin's weekepg.cfg file.
EPGService=1:0:1:1038:7d4:2:11a0000:0:0:0:

not sure you will get 8 days epg in /tmp? id try just 1 day first and increase if stable!

That worked well. Many thanks once again.

On a TM 500 Super, I flashed afresh with factory settings. Installed mgcamd, weekepg, and of course Lraizer AB 28.2 E1. Having downloaded 7 days epg, I still only used 19% of the memory.

you can also use the /var/etc/channels.uk file that gets generated by AutoBouquets E1 directly with weekepglog binary from the weekepg plugin to download and convert the stream epg into MV format to load in the MultiView plugin. that may be a nicer epg for you to play with? maybe take a look at this thread here

How do you change the changing to the epg background audio channel in weekepg plugin's weekepg.cfg file.
EPGService=1:0:1:1038:7d4:2:11a0000:0:0:0:.

I did everything in the PDF but when I had to put the radio file, since there was no hiphop and i didn't know how to do what Lraizer said i just put it to BBC1 London.

I'm really lost...

Soz for double post again but i done it and got 7 days worth of EPG.. Thanks a lot Lraizer. Is there a way to see the epg when your press the epg button and not have to go to the plugin?

How do you change the changing to the epg background audio channel in weekepg plugin's weekepg.cfg file.
EPGService=1:0:1:1038:7d4:2:11a0000:0:0:0:

Just in case anyone else has this issue, you use an ftp program and edit the file using a Linux compatible editor. E.g Filezilla and Notepad++. DCC and VuCC also can do these tasks.

There is no epg for a tm500 anymore, tonedeff used to do a modified version of weekepg but has long since stopped updating it

I notice there has been a couple of tm500 posts in the last few days, guess they must be flogging off old stock ;)

One of the Sky Certified "wink, wink, nod, nod" satellite installers had TM 500 Super + for 90 squid. I am sure they were not retailing for that a couple of years ago.

One of the Sky Certified "wink, wink, nod, nod" satellite installers had TM 500 Super + for 90 squid. I am sure they were not retailing for that a couple of years ago.

They have been about £80 for the last 18 months.

On the TM 500 super, AB E1 does indeed create dbepg_map.uk and dbepg_map.uk in var/etc provided you have the libstdc++.so.6 file. I dont have the epg plugin so cant test.

I tried to find the post by Lraizer some days ago asking encouraging someone to try and DIY but couldn't find it. So I am posting the file here.

The only things I have done is edit the autoscan file. All the work is by Lraizer and a small contribution by PaphosAl. Many thanks to both of them. The few edits I have made have been asterixed.

Is this still working or have the recent satellite changes affected it.
I ran it a few times tonight but it didnt work but it worked fine last week.

Is this still working or have the recent satellite changes affected it.
I ran it a few times tonight but it didnt work but it worked fine last week.

You will need the latest satellite.xml file,use the one AL posted in one of the commando threads as it includes the needed epg transponder

Sent from my X10 using Tapatalk 2

You will need the latest satellite.xml file,use the one AL posted in one of the commando threads as it includes the needed epg transponder

Sent from my X10 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks wiz569, I tried with that in var/etc but it wouldnt generate any new bouquets .Could be broken.

Enigma version of AutoBouqets does not work like the Commando version.
The Commando version does a conventional scan by using the data in the satellites.xml and then making the bouquets.

The Enigma 1/2 version gets the data off Service Description Table, Bouquet Allocation Table and so forth. I don't really understand it, but Lraizer when he gets a chance, can probably explain better. If you plug in a Sky receiver that has not been used for several years, it will still download correct channel list irrespective of changes to transponders etc.

I have just done an AB scan with only the following line for 28.2 in the satellites.xml on a TM500S. It created the bouquets fine, found 81858 summaries for the epg. Channel details are hardcoded.
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

I am using London region setting, that has worked OK for me. Norfolk setting is pulling in wrong region. Not sure whether those details are hardcoded in the reader file.

Agreed, it makes sense to keep the satellies.xml file updated.

@Fano Which region settings are you using?

Back