TM500 newbie?

Dwaine85

Inactive User
Reaction score
In the process of purchasing a TM500 and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction or a guide on both?

I have a 28.2E satellite and a Hotbird 13.0E satellite installed at my home. Am I right in saying I can get both satellites working on the box using a disqec set up?

Also as a newbie i believe I will have to flash the latest image and install the latest cccam files onto the box in order to pick up all channels available for both satellites can someone point me to guides or offer on advice on all this info?

hi there and welcome to the forum
you may want to hang back on the purchase of the tm 500 as there is no latest image only older image and as i see it no future images at the moment i have a 9100s and waiting for over a year and no updates
if you have about the £70 budget you could consider the orton x403hd skybox f3 openbox x3 s10 etc as these are hd entry level boxes and very easy to use
if you wanted the open sorce linux box check the blackbox 500s clone of the 500s under £50 and loads of support and still ongoing with a great uk image by the commando team or loads of choice
if you have a bit more cash a clone dreambox 800hd about £125 or the clone dreambox 800se for about £150 both with loads of support
you are right in saying both dishes connecting to a disqec switch as for finding cccam lines etc google is your friend for that as can not be discussed on open forum
just my opinion ref technomate you understand others may agree or disagree its a shame they can not offer more support for the old boxes some will say neweer ones to why could they not offer some ca$h to the commando team to see if they could do some update images for the boxes a lot may depend on chip and hardware etc but sorry im running on
hope this helps

I looked at the tm500 as this was one ive seen in use and was reccommended to me. I will look at the other options mentioned. Are they easy to install images etc on. I am aware not to be discussing c lines etc but i thought i could obtain help on installing images and cccam is that correct? A question on clones am i right in beleiving they are unstable and can cause alot of problems? Anyone using a clone and it works ok?

tbh it depends what you want to do with the box,if its just flash an image and watch telly then its a grand box,
but if you want to use different images and have better support then I would suggest a clone dm500s or one of its variants :)

Just bear in mind these boxes are not High Definition boxes but otherwise should be just as stable as a genuine box and will give you no troubles,

If you want peace of mind with a guarantee then buy the TM

I have a supplier who can get a TM500 for me at a decent price and set it up for what Im looking it to do. A question I have is I have also decided in the meantime to order a skybox f3. Can I use the loop out from the tm500 to pick up what i can watch on it to watch on the skybox in my bedroom?

By only one tp at a time do you mean if i am watching a channel on 28.2e downstairs then the upstairs one will only be able to watch a channel upstairs on this frequency?

if setting up and wanted independent viewing in bedroom and lounge you would need a twin or quad lnb on both dishes with run in to two disqec swithes and cable to each room for total channel control and a seperate line on each box or turn one off at the mains when not in use to use the same line in both boxes say for example finish watching tv in lounge turn box off at the mains the go to bedroom turn on to view your line in the bedroom if that makes sense

Back