TM twin Oe

bosvelt

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello a few questions about TM twin oe
1. Can you record 1 channel whilst watching another?
2. Can you reserve a program on peg?
3. Can you stream to a device ie. Android Phone?
Any other stuff that it does that the tm 800hd doesn't do (lol).

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

1. Can you record 1 channel whilst watching another?
It's a Twin Tuner, so yes. And more. You can actually record more than one channel on a tuner provided they are on the same transponder. I suppose most if not all receivers in the category do this.

I remember on one occasion Missus watching one channel on the TV, me another on the PC and the kids something else on the tablet.

2. Can you reserve a program on peg?
Yes. All E2 receivers should do this. The TM800 fails in this department. However, some users of the Vix image have experienced missed/blank recordings. Normally this is when on timer and not real time. Nobody has reported an issue on a FTA channel. There is no officail Technoamte forum for their images. However, no mainstream reported problems on recording. They use an older verson of kernel so it may be a drivers issue.

However, a few people testing PLI 3.0 images (which ViX is loosely based on) have not reported the same failed recording issue. Maybe this is becasue of the small user base or dependent on how users decode their card, I don't know. An ultimatum has been given to TM to sort out a few issues for proper OpenPli integration.

One of the Admin on the Vix site, has experienced the phenomena. Debug logs will hopefully help identify the issue and a resolution. In almost a year of recording, it has failed only a few times for me. Nonetheless, there is an issue. This may be Vix image related or TM driver related.

3. Can you stream to a device ie. Android Phone?
Answered above. As with any E2 receiver (apart from your current one), you can remote in subject to setting up and manually record. Although it does not transcode like the Solo2, depednding on network resources you can stream externally. The Vu+ app is a good one, there are others available.

4. Any other stuff that it does that the tm 800hd doesn't do (lol).
Tell you when you have messages/phone calls on your mobile.

Seriously, it is proper E2 receiver unlike the TM800. There were a few issues with media playback which apparently was improved by 20 Feb drivers. I don't use the media player side of the receiver so can't comment

The power button on the front will put the receiver into deep standby. **

The 2T is more or less the same receiver. It has more memory but only takes 2.5" hdd. My preference is for 3.5 drives as these are cheaper and have larger capacity.

Compare the current market before you decide. I wouldn't pay 279 for it when a Solo2 is 309

Back