TM-TWIN-OE-4D-linux-2.6.18-08-08-2012

So you need to reformat your HD because its a different kernal,I call balls on that one
and it will take a bit for the EPG to display because of the amount of memory the EPG takes,I call balls on that one as well

Sorry guys I couldnt help myself :)

dont know, and I dont care tbh LOL

but as know one else had uploaded it here I thought I would for the members that have one :)

dont know, and I dont care tbh LOL

but as know one else had uploaded it here I thought I would for the members that have one :)

And fair play to you John,
I try not to comment on these things as I do not have the box in question but I couldnt help myself this time,sorry :( ;)

Fun at TM feedback centre

"
1. Could you kindly explain "Need to create extra memory for partitioning the flash"
How is this done?

2. Why do we need to format the HDD? The only thing the STB will read regularly is the epg.dat
No other brand of receiver asks the user to delete their recordings!

>>>>> Reply >>>>

Please read again >>>

2-No need to format your hard disk but if create problem You have to format the hard disk as it is different applications to any other image.
-----------
to create extra memory in partitioning >>
After download just as per instruction press on exit buttons few times this will create
Reply>>>>> .

please it does explain in detail,,,,

if you have problem then do format otherwise DO NOT
=================================
in this image no need of boot loader as it is different to any image before.
If you use old boot loader it will create bug if you wish to do so then expect problems.
===================
Where is it written that you need boot loader in this image???
that was last one >>>NOT THIS ONE
Where does it say you have to format if you have no problem??
if you carry on not reading this section it will be deleted
Also we are not from TM --this is from team 4D trying to help
================================
TM, you said
"No need of any bootloader",
"You have to format hard disk as it is different kernel to any other image".

A new bootloader is included in the latest image and will install automatically. This is good.
In your reply you said no need to format. You are contradicting yourself as I've just posted what you initially posted.

In future, please get someone else to proof read what you want to post in the open. It will reduce the damage you are doing"

Lol so the excuse of installing the image properly still surfaces then just like it did with the tm-800 and the need to do a factory reset after a flash lmao. Jesus things will never change.

Clock ticks 06:00...

<music plays> I Got You, Babe.

"Okay, campers, rise and shine, and don't forget your booties because it's COOOLD out there...."

Damn you Punxsutawney!

Clock ticks 06:00...

<music plays> I Got You, Babe.

"Okay, campers, rise and shine, and don't forget your booties because it's COOOLD out there...."

Damn you Punxsutawney!
I'm hoping to bump into Ned (I mean Richard) too, just like Bill Murray and do the same thing lol :D

I'm hoping to bump into Ned (I mean Richard) too, just like Bill Murray and do the same thing lol :D

lol, you'll prob have to get in a queue to the other side of the road mate.... mind the puddle :)

this is the most stable image available to date, a few things to point out frmo the writeup though, PTS only records up to 199 seconds maximum, default is 180 seconds, this is a seperate plugin from the receivers actual timeshift function

with epg and picon data, if this is stored on a usb flash device, as has been recommended ever since receivers have had usb storage available, then accessing it is nearly instant, as you do not have to wait for the drive to spin up to speed before the data is accessed

the change in the weather means that i wont be releasing a 5Dd version of this image, even though im over half way through it, if it was raining, i would have finished it, but now the suns out, ill be going camping instead :proud:

[video=youtube_share;GrQpe7q03vA]http://youtu.be/GrQpe7q03vA[/video]

:D

Enjoy and don't forget your pound lol

CG

If anybody wishes to use this image, please copy off your recordings first as you may need to format it.

For me, the receiver could see the HDD but not mount it. I changed back to Digidude's image and the same thing happened.

I have resorted to connecting the HDD to PC and using Ext2explore.

Is this likely to be a problem with the USB sticks too?

Oh and am I reading this right, the PTS only buffers 3mins???

Is this likely to be a problem with the USB sticks too?

Oh and am I reading this right, the PTS only buffers 3mins???

No, I don't think so. More like 3 hours. You also get it displayed on screen when this happens.

But I don't understand why it just doesn't automatically trim off the front when the buffer gets full - why does it need to completely bin the existing buffer and start all over again?

They have redone the image, so that people do not have to format the HDD. I have made underlined and changed that font to bold.

Link to image Download center
Could one of the mods upload it here please.

This is the writeup. RICHARD, PLEASE LEARN TO SPELL CHECK YOUR WORK

How to download

1-make sure this image should be in the root directory of your usb and should be like this >> update
2-off/from rear insert usb steak to front usb of tm-twin
3-turn on from rear see message of updating or pres ok to download.
4-wait until downloading is finished
5-make sure it is connected to internet
6-after downloading finished follow the wizard
7-press menu see plagins/ greener yellow button/setting /select a channel list press ok and wait until finished.
Any file download from green or yellow button to over ride by new file old one should be deleted first then re start.
8-Exit to clear screen press upper button or sat button on your remote to select what you want
----------------
9-this image will default cccam and config to see it >>press menu /sofcam ci/softcam setup
10.In clear screen press blue button see the list
-------------------
To Scan EPG.
1-press menu/system/cross epg/press ok see setting {we recommend saving epg/picons on your hard disk or usb>>saving in flash will create problems.
{Pli will not save some picons in hard dsik best way to save in usb}
Usb should be formatted by tm-twin then restart,
--------------------
No need of new format with this image but if you are using new hard dsik,
Hard disk format
Menu/system/hard disk/initialization/red button >>some time you have to repeat few times until spinning sync then it will format.
--------------------

Team 4D image pli 2.1 kernal 2.6.11-8-2012
Fixed
ci
Epg/opentv/eit/ to scan EPG menu/system/cross epg
Permanent time shift =PTS
Record 7 channels in fta or scrambled with or without PTS
Default few plagins
Oscam/auto re connect any cam
Default cccam221 and config menu/setup/soft cam/ci/soft cam setup/select soft cam
Fan/key mapping/2nd info bar/press ok 2 times

Early observations:

1. Scart pin8 is still hi when in standby (should be 0V)
2. RGB output remains "RGsB s" instead of "RGB s". & it still can't output [its version of] RGB when in HDMI mode..
3. Regardless of 16:9 or 4:3 channel, skin shows only 4:3 (which probably explains why the scart pin8 WSS doesn't work on auto aspect either)
[it seems the box also struggles to know the difference between 1080i and 1080p, as far as the skin is concerned]
4. HDMI HDCP issues still exist sadly, the box is still unable to renegotiate keys with the TV when used with a simple HDMI switch :(
[any other HDMI device must be off before switching on the box - or selecting the port on the HDMI switch]
5. I noticed that PTS doesn't initialise on PLTV (10E). So what other channels doesn't it automatically start on...
[the pause button should be used to enable it for all channels as you simply cannot trust it to start buffering by itself]
[oh and if you press stop right after pausing it, you may find the box does not return to live viewing, but play/stop should work]
6. The time WAS 2 hours out, had to reboot it. Didn't do anything special, was just watching PLTV so I expect it will slip again.

It's no better or worse than any of the other images I've seen..

Again, it looks [to the user] like it's more of a plugin tweak than a serious attempt to fix the documented bugs..

It's obviously never going to improve (from a bug perspective) so it should be considered [as the TM800 before it] a decent box FOR VIEWING satellite tv as either the BETA feedback is limited or they're just not listening..

Current Setup:
33 satellites
mgcamd (running both extended newcamd port and clines)
8Gb USB in back port
1Tb HDD
USB used for PTS (60min limit, over 3 events, starting after a 10second delay) [60mins of HD should be < 7Gb]
USB used for CrossEPG [should be < 100mb]
USB used for 14,000 picons [around 40mb]
HDD now used only for recordings, with 500Gb reserved. [whatever that does]

Whats all this about in the write up..obviously a load of rubbish..i've used multiple old/second had hard disks from laptops, sky boxes etc..in VU and DM recievers, also on openboxes with USB enclosure without any issues..just recently used a WD Caviar 320gb disk from a broken PS3 in a DM800 SE clone...

"Hard disk {PVR}
1-Do not use 2nd hand /ex sky /re furbished/very old/ may be ok with pc but will not work properly with any satellite box."

Last edited:
Back