TM-twin Dd V3.2 image (17-06-2012)

Looks like theres a 155 image today so there maybe some hope :)

Yet more drivers for the Twin on 28/06/2012.

Are these like revised existing drivers or new drivers...

If the former, then it seems they're struggling to make reliable drivers.

I don't know.

The Vix team are getting them made because the existing ones have issues preventing the receiver from doing what it is meant to do. For example, OpenTV epg did not work until the drivers were made.

Digidude has since included the drivers in his images.

Jesus, whoever is coding these has no understanding of basic video functions :(

HDMI is pink again (HDCP issue again), the TV out scart no longer can control pin8 (scart switching) and its RGB output is green...

Can't be arsed to test the rest as I can't even sit and watch anything unless I turn the TV off to get over the HDCP problem...

I see a window in the Twins future..

If VIX don't come up with something I'll be driving this back to TM myself and delivering it down Richards lying throat personally..

& to add to that, when you put the fookin thing in standby, why does it leave both the scart and the HDMI outputs live???
Switches and TVs are no longer able to switch back to anything else now...

Un fckin believable

heres a wild idea, that quite a few people (AZbox owners especially) like myself, have done in the past.

9 years ago, i was on the verge of smashing my face repeatedly against a DM500 remote control to try and get the channels working, as everything else i had tried for 6 months failed to work

3 years after that, i decided to get another dm500, and to try again, and i tried, and tried, and tried, untill i finally worked it out. im not a computer programmer, im not a linux coder, im a dish installer. my computer background is ZERO

once i got the receiver working, i started looking at plugins, and learned (with no help back then) that these clever litle boxes could be programmed to do ANYTHING, there are only 2 limitations, the first one, being having the knowledge to make it do what you want it to do, the 2nd one is your imagination

so i started googling, i bought books, i read, by fook i read stuff for days on end, i printed stuff out, and months and months later, on my tv screen, i ran a 'hello world' programme that I had created

and this started me off to TRY and make things better, in baby steps, all by trial and error, as in this sort of thing, help is somewhere between none and non existant

this image works, to the best of its abilities, using the available code at the time of creating it, HDMI works on my tv at up to 1080i, and scart worcs as well (so does the component outputs and the cvbs output), yes the image may be basic, and may not have all the bells and whistles of an image coded by an experienced coder, ive always said 'im just a hobbyist' who wants to try and make things a little better for others

so i think that in your ideal world, theres only really 2 options, one is get a sky subscription, with its perfect outputs (lmfao), the other is, install linux on your computer, and like the old saying goes 'if you want it done properly, do it yourself'

the word BETA in the image name tells you that its not going to be 100%, do yourself a favour, and dont flash another image onto your receiver, EVER, turn it off, turn it back on while repeatedly pressing the menu button for the 'finished' firmware, as linux will never be 100% finished

tbh in fairness I dont think its the image he is frustrated with, I think its another TM box that lacks what its suppose to do

same shit different box :)

HDMI works on my tv at up to 1080i, and scart works as well

I concur with this DD, I am watching via HDMI in the lounge and via scart (2.6ghz video sender)in the bedroom.Picture is fine even using both at the same time.Dont connect component or other connections to or from the Twin , i go straight into the tv.

I think before anyone gets bent out of shape over nothing, I will admit that I forgot to write 'drivers' in my earlier post..

I've said a million times that I (who don't have time to rewrite someone elses code) have much respect for those that persist in trying to improve an otherwise poor product..

To answer a few things, the HDCP results change when trying different images so it's not the switch or the tv.
The RGB scart I think maybe down to a sync issue. I think the box is outputing sync on both green and composite pins and causing a problem..
I have no answer for Pin8 being lo all the time, a simple meter check between pin21 and pin8 shows a problem, hence why the AV mode is not triggered. Again this is something else that changes between images (so it's not the switch/tv/cable)

I'm just pi$$ed that I paid good money for something that can't even control the basics..

I wouldn't buy a car and expect to hook my laptop to it and rewrite the ecu so I could start it.

I could dick about for years with an image, but the outputs are controlled by drivers you and I cannot write..

Anyways, I put my mood down to virgin media tbh as they caused me grief the other day by switching to QAM256.

Apologies for not clarifying my intended recipients (although my other posts clearly show I'm not impressed with TM).
I can't deny that as a TM owner I feel like an RBS/Natwest customer at the moment :( (except they fixed that)

Back