tm twim oe hd or dm800se hd????

lizmclaughlin27

Inactive User
Reaction score
Im new at this myself although my father has had a dm500 until just a few days ago when he upgraded to the dm800sehd box. I am very impressed with picture and running of thr dm800 but whats putting me of is no rf out, only one scart etc etc. And also its only a single tuner.

I have been drawn to this tm twin oe hd for all the outputs etc it has. Plus it has twin tuners.

It is cheaper than the dm800se hd but the price wouldnt be the most important point.

Overall performance and ease of use and reliability would be important.

What images and things am I looking at to install in both the tm twin oe and the dm800se hd??

As I know very little could someone out there please advise me in right direction.

Thanks. Looking forward to loads of help to get me started.

Im new at this myself although my father has had a dm500 until just a few days ago when he upgraded to the dm800sehd box. I am very impressed with picture and running of thr dm800 but whats putting me of is no rf out, only one scart etc etc. And also its only a single tuner.

I have been drawn to this tm twin oe hd for all the outputs etc it has. Plus it has twin tuners.

It is cheaper than the dm800se hd but the price wouldnt be the most important point.

Overall performance and ease of use and reliability would be important.

What images and things am I looking at to install in both the tm twin oe and the dm800se hd??

As I know very little could someone out there please advise me in right direction.

Thanks. Looking forward to loads of help to get me started.

if price isnt too important then take a look at the vu+duo or the new solo2 both which have twin tuners and can operate similar to the s*y hd pvr once a hard drive is installed. i guess you just want to watch television so the tm twin will do a job running vix with a epg set up ect ect. the only bad point about the tm linux boxs is their previous track record when launching/supporting linux stb,s as the hardware is very good... theres also the dm7020hd which is very expensive at about £530 with 2 dvbs2 tuners and add another £70 for a 1TB hard drive. there are also others like the vu+ultimo,vu+uno(single tuner but twin tuners are available) and clones of the dm8000,vu+uno,vu+duo. all these boxs run the same linux enigma2 os as the dm800hdse and in operation are basically the same apart from speed of use and available flash for plug-ins,addons ect and tuners. im sure someone can give you a good rundown on the pro,s and con,s of the tm twin but personally id choose a vu+ box. regards mdt

Thanks for reply. Will have a look at the vu+ boxes. Do these have different images than dm or tm?

Yes TM have a history of failure. However, the Twin, 2T and Single do not fall into this category.

The Vu+ have the Blackhole images which other receivers are not meant to have.

The Vu and TM both run Vix images. There are a few other images teams. DMs however have more images. But they generally work the same.

Many thanks. All this info is great to know. Can I ask where and how one can get these images? I prob cant. Sorry.

The receivers are shipped with the images and most retailers give you the option of choosing the one you want. There is normally an online update facility on most of the images.

The image teams will have them on their websites and they're also uploaded on forums like this.

id recommend the TM over the Vu range, but, thats just me :D

the TM has the extra RF output, that no other linux receiver has, and being enigma2, works identically to the other receivers mentioned, and it the cheapest of them all. The twin has more flash memory than the DM800 and duo put together, the same amount (i think, or very close to) as the newer solo2. at the moment, due to driver issues, the solo2 can only use one of its dual core processors

the image used would be down to personal choice, no matter what receiver you was to choose, but, due to their prices, the TM linux enigma2 receivers are the best available right now

Thanks. Is there such things as clone tm twin boxes? I would rather genuine. Could someone advise where to purchase? Im in southern ireland.

I am afraid that it is against forum rules to recommend shops in the open forum. PM's are fine. As you are a new member, your inbox is very small. So delete/save to xml all incoming and sent PMs straight away.

Take independent reviews/advice before you take the plunge. As I said, they have a history of failure with the Linux software. In my opinion, those failures are no longer present in the current batch.

Back