TM-6900 HD COMBO super

billacombe1

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have just had a new motor fitted after problems with signal loss. My trusted installer said that there was a lot of movement in the previous motor due to wear. The signal on all satellites west of 28.2 degrees east have improved but I can no longer access anything east of 28.2 east. The satellite installer suggested that this was due to a fence blocking the signal but before the recent problems with the old motor I was able to receive hellasat and turksat. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I have just had a new motor fitted after problems with signal loss. My trusted installer said that there was a lot of movement in the previous motor due to wear. The signal on all satellites west of 28.2 degrees east have improved but I can no longer access anything east of 28.2 east. The satellite installer suggested that this was due to a fence blocking the signal but before the recent problems with the old motor I was able to receive hellasat and turksat. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Your "trusted installer" is talking bollocks, get him back to fix it, my guess is he has only peaked the dish on 28.2 so by lifting or lowering the dish he has lost the remaining eastern sats

Yes, had similar problem in the past... dish/motor are not properly installed. I could not get the other "end" (30W) when my new motor was installed, the guy came back to fix it.

One week on from having a new motor fitted, I am delighted with the results of the installation. Satellite reception on Nilesat and 3.1 east are now available even in wet weather and signal quality has improved on every satellite position from 28 east west. I know that I would prefer to receive advice from him rather than a flippant remark from someone who has no idea of my geographic position.

One week on from having a new motor fitted, I am delighted with the results of the installation. Satellite reception on Nilesat and 3.1 east are now available even in wet weather and signal quality has improved on every satellite position from 28 east west. I know that I would prefer to receive advice from him rather than a flippant remark from someone who has no idea of my geographic position.

Glad you are now happy mate, but to be fair YOU never said where youi are in the world anyway?
Regards.:Hit:

unless your fence has grown your new motor should get the same arc as the faulty one..... play in the motor stub usually means the dish doesnt park on the sat accurately or it does and wind will move it off slightly which when recieving sats like BADR4,NILESAT ect can make the difference. if you have no line of sight issues which it doesnt seem like you have as you were getting hellassat2/turksat before then the dish still needs tweaking as you should get a minimum of 45e to 45w on a 90 degree arc. its quite simple the dish motor is too far west and needs moving slightly to the east to center it so it tracks east to west. regards mdt

Would the dish motor have to be adjusted manually by the installer or can the adjustment be made via the receiver east adjustment?

it needs to be ajusted at the motor itself... the installer should come back for no charge has he has left without doing a proper job and if i were you id look for another installer for future use as it seems this guy doesnt know what he is doing were a motorised dish is concerned,regards mdt

I will not be contacting my installer because I am happy with the improved signal quality on all satellites I can receive west of 28 degrees. Unless you are into football with Bulgarian commentary, can you really recommend anything east of 28 east, I do not think its worth the bother.

I will not be contacting my installer because I am happy with the improved signal quality on all satellites I can receive west of 28 degrees. Unless you are into football with Bulgarian commentary, can you really recommend anything east of 28 east, I do not think its worth the bother.

if your happy with it then thats up to you but your installer has been shown for what he is when part time enthusiasts know he,s ballsed it up and he said some cack about the fence blocking line of sight ect. if you have a set of ladders and a couple of spanners ect you could fix it yourself. i for one would not be happy as there is no way to do a job other than properly and its not a friend who has done his best as a favour its a so called professional who has been paid for his services and should be able to do it in his sleep. cowboy imho,regards mdt

Last edited:
I value the advice given from the members of this forum. I am not happy if I have been seen off by the installer but I know for a fact that his hand will be out for £50 call out fee if he comes back. That is not right, but he is a tough individual and would swear blind that the problem is the fence.

I value the advice given from the members of this forum. I am not happy if I have been seen off by the installer but I know for a fact that his hand will be out for £50 call out fee if he comes back. That is not right, but he is a tough individual and would swear blind that the problem is the fence.

how can the fence be blocking the signal if it wasnt blocking it before. have you changed from a stab motor to a technomate/darkmotor as thats the only thing i can think of due to the stab,s spiggot facing upwards and a change to a downwards one would drop the dish down lower. as for the installer losing 50 quid call out if he did the job properly in the first place he wouldnt have to come back would he. you have been told its wrong but if you want to stick with the guy its your choice,regards mdt

Back