TM-5402 HD M2 Satellite/Terrestial

Lind

New Member ++
Reaction score
The TM-5402 M2 has worked well, but not with the recommended HDD.
Technomate Support: "We do not recommend using an externally powered hard drive".

Is the TM-5402 M2 also a terrestial receiver?

As I might give away my receiver, the new owner need connection to terrestial signals as well as satellite.
On the rear panel there is: TV ANT IN, Connector: IEC 169-2 female, Function: Input from terrestial antenna.

Regards
Lind

None of the 5402 range have a Terrestrial tuner they only have an RF Modulator built in, if you need a closed source receiver with built in terrestrial tuner then you need to upgrade to the next model which is the 6902 which has DVB-S2 and DVB-T/T2 tuners built in

None of the 5402 range have a Terrestrial tuner they only have an RF Modulator built in, if you need a closed source receiver with built in terrestrial tuner then you need to upgrade to the next model which is the 6902 which has DVB-S2 and DVB-T/T2 tuners built in

Thanks!

Is TM-6902 HD DVB-S2/T2 Combo Super similar to the 5402-M2 & M3?

Regards
Lind

Thanks!

Is TM-6902 HD DVB-S2/T2 Combo Super similar to the 5402-M2 & M3?

Regards
Lind

Yes! so being use to the 5402HD the transition to the 6902 should cause you zero problems, Minus the IPTV functionality that is only available on the M3 version

The M2 works well with an external hard drive, just make sure that it is usb powered and you will be fine.

When I bought the TM-5402 M2, i also bought the HDD as advised from the same dealer, but this was an externally powered hard drive.
Yes, I have had a lot of trouble with this HDD, but now I might buy a new TM-5402-M3 if not a ---M4 and the right HDD?

Regards
Lind

Back