Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

tm-500 super has password on ftp and tuxbox

cybersol

Inactive User
I have a friend that recently bought two tm-500 super from a guy for £1800 he was told that he wouldnt have to pay again. One of the boxes has went down and he has contacted them but they have asked for another £500 to fix it (rip off). I have tried to get the into the ftp to get the c line but it has a password. I have also tried tuxbox but it also has a password can anyone help. Im new to this.

Cheers

I have a friend that recently bought two tm-500 super from a guy for £1800 he was told that he wouldnt have to pay again. One of the boxes has went down and he has contacted them but they have asked for another £500 to fix it (rip off). I have tried to get the into the ftp to get the c line but it has a password. I have also tried tuxbox but it also has a password can anyone help. Im new to this.

Cheers

im afraid tuxbox was your last bit hope, if you cant install it the only option is to reflash it which will delete the config file which you need, this is an expensive lesson. The tm500 costs 70 quid/ish and a subscription to a server 10 quid a month. So someone is taking the pish at £1800. I obviously cant tell you were to look for these as this topic is bordering site rules but just google cardshare servers and you will be inundated with options.

Id personally reflash it and cut your losses and how did he pay? If you used paypal/credit card id happily file a charge back dispute.

The rule of thumb is never pay more than you can afford to lose if it all ended tomorrow.

ps name and shame the supplier so no one else is duped, lifetime subscriptions mean lifetime of the server which could be 1 week if your lucky 6 months, not many premium servers stick around, greed ruins the hobby.

to reflash follow this simple guide

1. Download TM control center from the downloads section and extract it to a folder.

2. Start TMCC with the TechnomateCenter.exe

3. Click on the serial tab.

4. Top option set the comport to the one you have your null modem cable connected to usually com1.

5. Now click the file button and select the unrared image you downloaded earlier.

6. Now in front of your TV switch the power OFF on your TM.

7. Press in and hold the UP ^ button and then turn the power back on youll see a setup screen in front of you.

8. Press the up button for serial update then the right > button and then the ok button. This will start the image upload. Wait till it confirms the process is done.

9. Now turn off the power leave it for a min and then turn it back on.

At this point it will go through the standard setup procedure if you need help give us a shout.

Last edited:
Theres no such thing as "lifetime" with pay servers or traders. They are best avoided at all costs. If you really must use a pay server then NEVER pay for a full year or lifetinme sub, pay on a month by month basis that way when the server inevitbaly disappears overnight or your channels start to glitch due to oversubscription you only lose a months subs max whioch shouild equate to around 10 quid.
Also defintiely never buy plug and play preconfigured boxes, thats just asking for trouble...they are gauranteed to be locked down by greedy thieving traders... buy your own reciever and learn the ropes , the easier option is not always the best option.

As mentioned already unless someone knows of a method to bypass tuxbox password on a TM your pretty much stuffed and will have to reflash the recievers.

£1800 for 2 £70 boxes, plus £500 every time one has something change on it !!!???!?!?!?!?!?

deffo name and shame them m8

but, before you flash the box, you said it has tuxbox on it, does this allow you to browse the files and folders on the receiver?

Back