tiscali and newsgroups

smirnoff_rules

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
brother in law is using tiscali and newsgroups and set him xmas and his been download anything with now problem , but to day nothing just about 56kb if that .. are tiscali any good ? its a ngroup account , mines working fine

Any chance he changed the time he normally downloads at? I know im with Tiscalli and use newgroups myself and if you try download between 4-10pm (roughly) they throttle your speed to something like your describing.

Ok i take that back. Now I cant get connected properly either.

I'm blaming you smirnoff! :D

l tried newsleecher newsbin the lot .. rapidshare was ok , sound like there hitting the ip of the newsgroup ?

did they ngroup and unlimited.net to tho ? l told him to download avi file and convert , but is said the other day thats not working l have to use imgburn ,,so his been downloading full 4 gig films and he had a big hand full and an xbox game .. u think thats to much in 2 weeks ?

this was 2pm sunday

fook me did i write that lol

brother in law is using tiscali and newsgroups l setup for him xmas and his as been download everything with now problem , but today nothing just about 56kb if that .. are tiscali any good ? its a ngroup account , mines working fine

Last edited:
tiscali here and getting 58KB/s at the moment :(

now u feckers have scared me i was gonna ring them tomoz as my bt contracts up!

I aint happy with it and will be ringing them
speed test is fine
its just speeds on NG

Did you try ngroups Europe and Us servers and the different ports, 119, 443 and the ssl 563 port, as they may be throttling the port.

i'm on tiscali but i dont use ng, i use rapidshare and allways get 850-900kbs (using idm)
and i get 700+ on dorrents with enough peers, so p2p aint capped.

i rekon it's just the ngs tiscali dont like

i love my cheapo tiscali "hug"

I emailed them and got a reply this afternoon
they advise not downloading at peak times

I like Tiscali and this has only happened a couple of times tbh
all providers have some sort of capping so no matter where you go lol

Back