Tips for using on demand plugin (VIX)

pandax

Inactive User
Reaction score
So im sure everyone has this ondemand plugin for bbc iplayer and itv player. I must say it does the job. BUT, lets say I watch a move till the middle, something disconnects, I open the programme up again and guess what? I have to start watching from the beginning.

Does anyone know how to fast forward on this app? because when I do press numbers or forward button it stops everything and crashes.

Thanks

So im sure everyone has this ondemand plugin for bbc iplayer and itv player. I must say it does the job. BUT, lets say I watch a move till the middle, something disconnects, I open the programme up again and guess what? I have to start watching from the beginning.

Does anyone know how to fast forward on this app? because when I do press numbers or forward button it stops everything and crashes.

Thanks

use the numbers on remote 1 and 3 4 and 6 7 and 9. these will fast forward or rewind in jumps 1 and 3 is about 15 seconds forward or back 4 and 6 is about a minute and so on.

As well when you start ondemand press menu and you can change the Preferred Stream Quality to high or HD makes a difference in picture quality when streaming. that only if you had,nt sussed it out alreay just a tip. regards dubliner

use the numbers on remote 1 and 3 4 and 6 7 and 9. these will fast forward or rewind in jumps 1 and 3 is about 15 seconds forward or back 4 and 6 is about a minute and so on.

Hi

I tried that but it doesnt work. Have you tried it yourself? - I mean on tsmedia those numbers work like a charm, but not ondemand. Please let me know if you've tried and tested, that way I need to really find out whats going on.

P.S. Using VIX Helios, latest with latest drivers etc.

Hi

I tried that but it doesnt work. Have you tried it yourself? - I mean on tsmedia those numbers work like a charm, but not ondemand. Please let me know if you've tried and tested, that way I need to really find out whats going on.

P.S. Using VIX Helios, latest with latest drivers etc.

Hi will have a play and see what the score is..basically you want to know how if possible can you fast forward and rewind whilst playing media/catchup using ondemand..

Hi will have a play and see what the score is..basically you want to know how if possible can you fast forward and rewind whilst playing media/catchup using ondemand..

Yes. I find that when I try to use forward on remote, or numbers to fast forward, it stops streaming completely. I have to stop, get out of it and go back to the video and start from the beginning.

On the other hand, TSmedia I can use numbers to fast forward, works fine.

Thanks

I as far as I know the ondemand on vix does not have ff fr or pause on the other hand on xbmc ff fr pause work so i use my raspberry pi with xbmc because it also has 4OD as well

I as far as I know the ondemand on vix does not have ff fr or pause on the other hand on xbmc ff fr pause work so i use my raspberry pi with xbmc because it also has 4OD as well

Sounds about right. Can you elaborate on what XBMC is and raspberry pi?

Thanks.

XBMC is a media player for Linux or windows it started out as media player for Xbox but has evolved
It can be modified with addons just search xbmc
A Raspberry pi is a very small form computer about £30 now mine is used to download films and TV and is connected to my vu with samba

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

XBMC is a media player for Linux or windows it started out as media player for Xbox but has evolved
It can be modified with addons just search xbmc
A Raspberry pi is a very small form computer about £30 now mine is used to download films and TV and is connected to my vu with samba

Any idea why on VIX ondemand doesnt work so well but on other platforms it does?

No I can't even get it to work at all no streams have Any time they just show 0.00

I have reverted to helios 016 and after removing and then re-installing on demand it works again but still no fast forward

I have reverted to helios 016 and after removing and then re-installing on demand it works again but still no fast forward

yep i tried everything..ondemand just freezes if you try any FF/RW using buttons or numbers keys.
and this is on latest Vix Helios image on genuine solo2.

Back