timescale for new firmware? and new 360 slim advice?

Colin

Inactive User
Reaction score
thinking of treating myself to a new slim mainly as no doubt my current 360 will be banned soon and someone offered me decent cash for it today... so ill probs get a new one and just buy pro evo to keep me ticking over :)

some good deals on the current slims just now... how easy is it for me to use my existing hard drive take it out the case and slip it into a new slim? or not worth the hassle? if not how do i copy my stuff over from current hard drive? and lastly!!! will it be an issue flashing the new slim? .... or should i stick to the current fat model?

how easy is it to fix a new hard drive to the slims seen a good deal for the 4gb model

You can get caddys for the standard 2.5 hdd's from pandawill.

also are the slims likely to be easily hacked?

Not easy from what I have read mate, but I am sure that JF and co, will sort that out. Its all speculation at the moment mate, although Geremia has dumped a drive. No doubt the first revision of fw will be charged for ;)

It's coments like these that have made me give up bothering on forums.

:(

Well I think its fair comment oggy. Last 2 times, there has been suspicions that c4 was trying to make money on the fw. Not saying this is the case with JF team, however all evidence points to it being charged for.

Your the man in the know mate, and you can enlighten us all as to the correct information and situation. And surely the wink told you it was tongue in cheek?

Subject to our conversation on MSN, I'm sure you understand my comment a bit better.

What goes on behind closed doors, should (and as far as I'm concerned, will) stay behind closed doors.

You're free to speculate, but when you're told your hacks are free and Xecuter finance the hardware needed for these hacks to come to light, for free, you should listen.

People will never know wholly what went on in the past, but that doesnt mean you should claim like you know what went on, or, what will go on in the future either ;)

Subject to our conversation on MSN, I'm sure you understand my comment a bit better.

What goes on behind closed doors, should (and as far as I'm concerned, will) stay behind closed doors.

You're free to speculate, but when you're told your hacks are free and Xecuter finance the hardware needed for these hacks to come to light, for free, you should listen.

People will never know wholly what went on in the past, but that doesnt mean you should claim like you know what went on, or, what will go on in the future either ;)

Top man as always Oggy mate.

I agree that business should stay behind closed doors, and in fairness what you explained, did explain it much better.

Xecuter financing the whole thing was news to me, and hearing that has made me more confident in it staying free!

As always, thanks for clearing things up for us mere information whores. ;)

closed doors/msn conversations.... share the chat boys lol joke

Oggy good to see you back on here... in terms of my original question do you think its worth my while getting a slim 360 now i.e is it strong likeliehood come january it will be hacked?

If I put the question to you, I'd like to see the 'confidence' in giving and ETA.

How long do you 'feel' itvwill take c4 to write a fw in the run up to Xmas, to give the correct response to the new (dynamic?) challenges, test the drives response, code around any mismatched responses.

Test on a multiple of drives....

Then, release?

If I put the question to you, I'd like to see the 'confidence' in giving and ETA.

How long do you 'feel' itvwill take c4 to write a fw in the run up to Xmas, to give the correct response to the new (dynamic?) challenges, test the drives response, code around any mismatched responses.

Test on a multiple of drives....

Then, release?

Oggy was just meaning more in general is there a confidence factor that the slims will be hackable with something in the near future released... not meaning will it be done by the 16th Jan...

i want a slim, but doubtful it will ever be jtaggable...

Oggy was just meaning more in general is there a confidence factor that the slims will be hackable with something in the near future released... not meaning will it be done by the 16th Jan...

The slims are hackable. However the fw has not been written and with the new ap2.5 checks, then it could take a while longer. C4 will release when its ready, there is no timescale that Oggy can give, as things are all over the place.

@ Your earlier comment Colin, no closed convos, it was 2 friends (Hope we are friends Oggy) having a chat about the scene, and me asking lots of inpertinent questions to the genius of the scene that is Oggy.

Get a slim, as they will be hackable, just when and how is not public at the moment, and wont be for sometime. So pay your money and take your choice mate.

Janobi summed it up well,
My point was how can anyone anticipate when something will be release when only one game currently uses it.... There is ALOT that can change or develop.

The slims are hackable. However the fw has not been written and with the new ap2.5 checks, then it could take a while longer. C4 will release when its ready, there is no timescale that Oggy can give, as things are all over the place.

@ Your earlier comment Colin, no closed convos, it was 2 friends (Hope we are friends Oggy) having a chat about the scene, and me asking lots of inpertinent questions to the genius of the scene that is Oggy.

Get a slim, as they will be hackable, just when and how is not public at the moment, and wont be for sometime. So pay your money and take your choice mate.

PS wasnt having a pop at the closed conversation was just a joke thats all man... your a sensitive chap lol

Back