Time to let it all out about the beloved EBAY!!!!!

roachieuk

Elite Member
Reaction score
Ok so ive been holding back and holding back not to let it all out but ah well here it goes.

I orderd a soldering iron this morning now in the item location it said cardiff i thought ah good will be here in the next couple of days.Anyways gets the receipt thru and the postal adress is in china i contacted the seller and they said in bad english we run our parcels thru this warehouse.Which i still dont know if that means the parcel comes from there or if its checked thru there make up you bloody minds for christ sake.

Now another thing what bugs me on ebay how can people sell s**t for stupid prices like i dunno say for instance a crappy latop but at the bottom of listing it says it is broken.They want like £150 for it

And the other thing what really annoys me is when people sell eletricals on there and it says we dont know if it works as we havnt checked it how long does it take to check something FFS jesus.It really gets to me i wouldnt sleep if i sent out something i didnt check why do people sell such crap on ebay it really is a big junk market isnt it.I dunno why they dont call it bric-a-crap cause tbh i hardly ever order of there now.Only for the odd bits and bobs cause even with amazon and play you can get things slightly cheaper than ebay are people having a laugh on ebay or what?

i always saw it as a place to sell 2nd hand stuff, thats what the point was. traders bulk selling thru there, in my opinion ruined it for the average seller, It forced ebays' hand to bring in more and more strict rules to curb the scams and profiteers. i remember Yahoo Auctions was canny good back in the day, i used that more than ebay till it closed

These days it's a shop for market stalls to push their tat and anything decent is often lost in the myre

annoyed with ebay myself at the moment, ordered a set of screwdrivers to open up me iphone and the most important philips head doesnt fit and thew seller is ignoring me which means i'll end up leaving bad rep which means they'll retaliate *sigh*

annoyed with ebay myself at the moment, ordered a set of screwdrivers to open up me iphone and the most important philips head doesnt fit and thew seller is ignoring me which means i'll end up leaving bad rep which means they'll retaliate *sigh*
Typical that is how you buy something and the bit you need aint in there you know what i much rather pay a few quid more than buy of ebay as it really does get to me sometimes.I orderd the soldering iron as i only needed it for a few lil jobs and said id get them done for amte this week.But i think ill tell him that it will be 58 weeks now lol.Nah joking apart ebay is a total shams it really is im dreadding what im gonna get if the soldering iron is from china as ive had bad exp with eletricals from china im scared oif em from there.Incase it blows up like my hdd caddy did it blew up and burnt out my 250gb hdd and that was another supposed item in England but was in fact from china and they sent me out another not chancing it that one blew up as soon as i plugged it in.

I only use ebay now for the odd novelty bits for xmas and birthdays but anything else forget it im done from now on.

im gonna get if the soldering iron is from china

lol guys will help you as much as one can hehe fooking cheap solder jobs around like !!!!! pmsl

I was in the market for a soldering iron a few months back, ended up getting the DREMEL VersaTip. Have to say now that I've got it, it's brilliant. For soldering jobs it's fine. Put the solder tip on, then Just fill with gas as you would a lighter and pull down the leaver, get your spark, now you have like a flamethrower underneath the solder tip.

Also does other stuff too but haven't used other then soldering.

No need for mains electricity either, which is always a plus in my opinion :)

I was in the market for a soldering iron a few months back, ended up getting the DREMEL VersaTip. Have to say now that I've got it, it's brilliant. For soldering jobs it's fine. Put the solder tip on, then Just fill with gas as you would a lighter and pull down the leaver, get your spark, now you have like a flamethrower underneath the solder tip.

Also does other stuff too but haven't used other then soldering.

No need for mains electricity either, which is always a plus in my opinion :)

Gah i was gona get a dremel aswell but wast sure if it was capeble or not im gonna have to invest in one now i know it can as theres so many things i could use it for thanks for the mention as i wouldnt of known as i know dremel can engrave polish dill etc etc and was looking to see if it could solder but didnt really read much more into it.So might get one now as they are a bloody good multi tool.

Sellers cannot leave neg feedback

Thanx, thats useful to know, I've sent him another email but no response, im pretty tempted to put a claim in through paypal, its only a few quid but he obviously aint too bothered or he'd have replied to my mail

Be careful :flock:some cellars are crooks...........

The best thing I've seen for sale on there is marks and spencer vouchers
Someone had a 100 voucher wanted 98 for it plus 1.50 postage
I remember the days before eBay when you could get things cheap

Even when people dont get the price they want for things they make up excuses not to send it

Back