Thunderstorms Predicted for the Weekend

Evastar

Inactive User
Reaction score
The temperatures are predicted to hit the high twenties at the weekend, with thunderstorms expected in places.

Hope we get a good thunderstorm, haven't seen a decent summer one for years! :)

snp-g

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
would that be, thunderstorms,plague of locusts and the end of the world. ??
:)

v14

Banned
Reaction score
the kids in Scotland are on holiday from friday so thunderstorms followed by six weeks of pissing rain would be about the norm.

Jackel

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I hope it pisses down on Fri for at least 2 weeks lol.

snp-g

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Mr happy strikes again. :)

NL7

Inactive User
Reaction score
Maybe if we get a few decent thunderstorms we might get a hot summer :)

i think we've had a pretty decent summer so far, better than previous years... weather's been consistenly good for the last 3-4 weeks with the odd showers/cloudy days here and there... i believe that august this year is going to be very, very hot with temperatures close to reachin the uk's record temperature of 37.4c....

Evastar

Inactive User
Reaction score
Yes it has been nicer so far this year than the last few years, i hope you are right about August.

Of course, i wonder how long it will be before they are out with the hosepipe bans! lol

oneman

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a massive overnight thunderstorm last week or the week before. One of the claps was like a bomb going off

smirnoff_rules

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
They will be on about globel warming again before we know it lol soon forget it was the coldest winter for 40 years

ant1

Inactive User
Reaction score
They will be on about globel warming again before we know it lol soon forget it was the coldest winter for 40 years
dont forget all the funnel holes poping up around the world now there handy things to fling yer waste into lol

audiobookman

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
no thank you, 3 doors away got hit last year by thunder, we were all evacuated from the block for 4 days for stucture assessement.... the damage was incredible, but what i found strange was we have a 3 storey house and the house that got hit was only a 2 storey house, luck of the draw i suppose.
my neighbours never did move back in, they repaired and sold the house which was a same.

digidude

Sheep worrier.
VIP Member
Reaction score
i love thunderstorms, but my missus hates them. as we live at the top of a valley, with very steep sides, storms actually get trapped, and about 8 years ago, we had a storm that lasted about 13 hours, it was brilliant

we're meant to be going camping this weekend, and if it starts thundering, the missus will probably die lol, ill be sat in the tent with a beer and a joint enjoying the show

Baaheeduk

Inactive User
Reaction score
In a house with lots of alcohol on the go!!
A church spire got struck by lightning here in Dundee a couple of weeks back, serious damage!

Best thunderstorm I ever seen was in the USA, lightning striking something everytime causing power cuts etc, rain so heavy that you could hardly see in front of you. Great fun! :)

Penners

Inactive User
Reaction score
I absolutely love thunderstorms.

We had a really good one last year (Leeds area) The storm was right above us when we heard the loudest bang, the house shuck and all the doors slammed shut.

The wife absolutely pooped herself. I however poured myself a pint size vodka and coke and watched the storm from the top of the garden in the chicken coop :) Nice and dry and a great view over the valley watching the storm roll away. Nearly finished the bottle that night :)

Would pay to go storm chasing in America but the wife would rather not lol.

Manse

Inactive User
Reaction score
i love them, laid in bed curtains/windows open at night.
but remember when i was a kid at my grandads house we was up the windown when lightning hit the chimney of a house opposite, it just blew apart .
Poor old couple living there were took to hospital for shock.
you can still see the repair job on the tiles now.

TEST