iPhone Thinking of buying my mates iphone 4 32GB upgrade..

badaman

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Need a lil advice here before I go and do it:Clap:, my mate has had an upgrade given an iphone 4 32GB it’s on the voda network – he doesn’t want it so I’m gona buy it from him;-) I currently have a 3GS........I’ve got him to take it and plug it in with his voda sim and the software is 4.0.2 will this be OK to jail break also I’m on o2 so would I be able to use my sim in it or would I have to unlock it and is this easily done? And lastly how would I transfer all my stuff on the 3GS onto the iphone 4 apps/pictures/music messages etc etc

Thanks all

-Badaman

Hi Guys,

Need a lil advice here before I go and do it:Clap:, my mate has had an upgrade given an iphone 4 32GB it’s on the voda network – he doesn’t want it so I’m gona buy it from him;-) I currently have a 3GS........I’ve got him to take it and plug it in with his voda sim and the software is 4.0.2 will this be OK to jail break also I’m on o2 so would I be able to use my sim in it or would I have to unlock it and is this easily done? And lastly how would I transfer all my stuff on the 3GS onto the iphone 4 apps/pictures/music messages etc etc

Thanks all

-Badaman

if it`s 4.0.2 then yeah it`s ok to unlock via ultrasnow as it has 1.59 baseband, there are 2 ways to go about this first way is to jailbreak with limerain or gp, and unlock with ultrasnow ,second is to update to 4.1 using tiny umbrella keeping the 1.59 bb then jailbreak and unlock if you want 4.1 features .either way will be ok .but i recommend you back your shsh blobs via tiny umbrella first.

Thanks for the reply m8, will I need a sim card in it to jB it? as I don't have a voda sim - I could ask him to leave his sim in it....other thing is how would I transfer my existing stoff on my 3gs to iphone 4?

thanks

-Badaman

i tunes will allow you to transfer your stuff accross. i have done this recently. sorry i cant help with the unlocking side as i have never had to try and do it before.

can your mate not phone up for the unlock or even try it yourself. tell them its a pay as u go or your mate can try with vodaphone

Thanks for the reply m8, will I need a sim card in it to jB it? as I don't have a voda sim - I could ask him to leave his sim in it....other thing is how would I transfer my existing stoff on my 3gs to iphone 4?

thanks

-Badaman

you can just use a voda paygo card to activate after restore to 4.1 .if you cant find micro sim then just cut up a normal sim ,works great.if you stay on 4.0.2 then you dont need to do nothing ,just jailbreak with limera1n or gp and install ultrasnow,reboot phone and away you go .

Nice one lads - I'll keep you posted as seeing him this week!!

-Badaman

I've got the phone now;-) can I use the snow breeze to jailbrake and unlock the phone? as posted by biffo(sticky) its on 4.0.2 and on voda...

ta

-Badaman

I've got the phone now;-) can I use the snow breeze to jailbrake and unlock the phone? as posted by biffo(sticky) its on 4.0.2 and on voda...

ta

-Badaman

Limera1n mate use that on 4.0.2 ,then install ultrasnow away you go .this way it will be untethered and unlocked .

Thanks lads for the info, I did as suggested in this post used limerain and then ultra...and then trimed the sim card all working great!

And onto another note.........

I sold my old 3Gs 32gb but had fun unlocking it as it was originally on o2 and I needed it unlocked on Tmobile - my fw was 4.1 with a baseband of 0.5.13.02 or sumthin basically I had to use ipad fware to take it to 6.0 ythen using ultra to unlock - this worked!! and the iphone will take any sim now but since its on ipad baseband I understand that I can not restore in itunes and that i need to use a custom fw from now on is this correct..?

thanks again

-Badaman

Back