VIP Member
Reaction score
This is the writeup from egay

WHARFEDALE TV

19 INCH

WIDESCREEN

HD READY

** FAULTY **

THIS AUCTION IS FOR MY FAULTY TV - AS YOU CAN SEE FROM THE PHOTO THIS TV HAS BEEN KEPT IN IMMACULATE CONDITION, IT COMES BOXED WITH INSTRUCTION BOOKLET, CONTROLLER & INSERTS. I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE FAULT WITH THE TV IS, BASICALLY IT'S STOPPED WORKING, THERE'S NO POWER AND WHEN THE TV IS PLUGGED IN THE STANDBY LIGHT DOES NOT ILLUMINATE (I'VE CHECKED THE FUSE!). BEYOND THAT DON'T KNOW WHAT THE ACTUAL FAULT IS. THE TV ONLY HAD A 1 YEAR WARRENTY, AS THE TV IS JUST UNDER 2 YEARS OLD I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO HAVE THE TV REPAIRED BY THE MANUFACTURER.

THIS ITEM IS FOR COLLECTION ONLY

DOES NOT INCLUDE SCART LEAD

ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE ASK!!

so i thought it possibly the internal fuse on PSU, or a completley blown PSU thatll need total replacing, but, the screen and everything else will be fine, so slapped a snipe on it for £25, knowing id be passing today

anyway, i won it, for £16.50, collected it, all boxed and like brand new, took the back off, and smiled so hard one ear nearly fell off.

i wont say what i did to fix it, but have attached a picture of the inside, see if you can spot the fault

LOL, surely not. OMG did he not even open up the back to have a prod around? thats the first thing I do, even if I dont know what I am doing!

i swear on everything, as soon as i took the back off, that was there, like that, so i thought take a pic, in case it is that, to upload to DW, also thought maybe the back has been taken off, and the guy did that to make me think it was an easy fix, but could still be a blown psu, but plugged it in, turned it on, and now got a nice new HDTV for one of the kids rooms :proud:

Jesus!!! Talk about "lost a penny but found a pound"! Can you tell me what lottery numbers you're about to put on? :Laugh:

Back