There's a recession don't you know

I actually use that site lol, but equally Burton, George, Bank, UCS, G-Star, Sports Direct etc. and even then i generally look to see if I can get the same item cheaper elsewhere.

@Miggy, I'm not advocating that everything has to be designer, or indeed everything of mine is, but there is a clear quality difference of a £4 t-shirt against that which cost me £20, but i don't see the difference between £20 and £80 unless it's hand woven by 40 virgins in Egyptian cotton, whilst they bathe in goats milk, before being packed in a mink filled box (with a ribbon of course)

£80 is just plain ridiculous as is £150 for Jeans

I think my 5 different coloured T-Shirts at £4.00 a go is a lot better deal than 1 £20 pound T-Shirt.Which do you think will last the longest? and the best value for money?. I am by no means a cheapskate but I do like to do my sums before I steam in and buy. By the way I too have designer clothes but I still prefer to go back to what I am comfortable in and that is my cheaper brand clothes. ;)

@Miggy, I'm not advocating that everything has to be designer, or indeed everything of mine is, but there is a clear quality difference of a £4 t-shirt against that which cost me £20,
I disagree. or, at least, not always. is it 24 times better quality?

I disagree. or, at least, not always. is it 24 times better quality?

Seems to be a bit of a reversal of my original rant, but never mind. I'm not sure you can equate cost as a pro rata value against quality and product life, costs will increase due to various factors including materials, plus the margin/mark up. It won't be 24 times better and I don't think you could quantify this precisely, but all I'm saying is I have clothing now that I bought a few years ago, whereas clothing i bought which cost me less or i have had less time has faded, gone out of shape or is in the bin. This is the false economy element coming into play. You can get 3 tops @ £4 for less than one top at £20, but it doesn't mean to say that they will all last the same time.

The point I was making was that £80 - £110 is pure markup based upon a "name".

providing the three last as long, as the one. they represent vastly better value for money. even if it takes six to last the same as the £20 item. its still much better value.
sorry guy, i was reacting to that post.
anyway, if you walked away with your money, only the stall holder has lost.

It's like the "knock off" copies, you get told how bably made they are and how they are made in sweat shops.
Where do you think the "real" brand names are made ?
Many of the brands are made in the same factories that are making the so-called "knock offs".
I won't even buy a "Brand" name in a charity shop, because even there they are too expensive.
I am quite happy to wear charity shop clothes, although I do draw the line at shoes and underwear.

It's like the "knock off" copies, you get told how bably made they are and how they are made in sweat shops.
Many of the brands are made in the same factories that are making the so-called "knock offs".
I won't even buy a "Brand" name in a charity shop, because even there they are too expensive.
I am quite happy to wear charity shop clothes, although I do draw the line at shoes and underwear.

Knock Off's D 8 RCS :Yikes: whatever do you mean?. We are good Boys and Girls on here we wouldn't dream of doing anything illegal on here now would we?. ;)

although I do draw the line at underwear.

Somehow, if i found someones underwear in a charity shop i would have severe reservations about purchasing them! I would also be questioning the ethics of the store...

soiled or unsoiled sir ...lol

Somehow, if i found someones underwear in a charity shop i would have severe reservations about purchasing them! I would also be questioning the ethics of the store...

soiled or unsoiled sir ...lol

Ffs :puke:................

what makes me cringe.. and i know as i have done this myself...

you see people parading around in an outfit for like £300.. and i think what a waste of money... my last car cost me that!!...

ok i spent £400 on a digital slr but i get use out of it and it will last me a good few years..

most of my clothes shopping is done in george. if it looks smart enough ill have it simples..

i suppose its just like watches as well, my last 2 have been Boss one was for my 21st but im sure a £10 casio would last as long.

Like my £15 Lorus from Argos...still going strong after 5 years - so I bought a case cracker off fleabay so I could put me own batteries in lol

well made point, here.

some years back, in Leicester, there was a flood of Nik3 knockoffs.
turns out they were all made in the same factory as the nik3.
the only differences was the , Nik3, supplied neck label.
they were still made in a "sweat shop", just one in the Midlands of England.

i suppose its just like watches as well, my last 2 have been Boss one was for my 21st but im sure a £10 casio would last as long.

I'm just looking for a new watch but don't really want to spend any more than £120, mechanical is a little different than clothing, sick of cheap nasty £30 ones that don't last, had about 4 in the last 18 months, scratched, strap broken, constant replacing batteries, now I'm after a kinetic or Eco-drive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back