Theo Walcott… Potential Enigma or Reincarnation of Reyes

I would love to see some great english players at arsenal. there are some coming through but they are few and far between. at the end of the day arsene wenger aint at arsenal to make the england team great, he is there to make the arsenal team great.
a 30million quid rooney or 12 million pound henry?
16million for carrick or basically nothing for fabregas?
30million for ferdinand or 5mill plus gallas for cashley?

lol its basic common sense.

I would love to see some great english players at arsenal. there are some coming through but they are few and far between. at the end of the day arsene wenger aint at arsenal to make the england team great, he is there to make the arsenal team great.
a 30million quid rooney or 12 million pound henry?
16million for carrick or basically nothing for fabregas?
30million for ferdinand or 5mill plus gallas for cashley?

lol its basic common sense.

My point exactly, I'm a United fan and we have overpaid enormously for british players. Why on earth would any club want to pay those amounts of money, when you can find an equally good player if not better from abroad.

The English game is killing itself, just look at some of the transfer prices on English players. Don't get me wrong the Premier League will always be the best league in the world, but soon it will have no English players left as they cost too much and thats before the wages.

United paid over 75 million for the above 3 players, and 2 out of the 3 are real class. But what could they have got for that abroad? Bar the big names in world football, they would have got alot simply put....unless your name is Rafa Benitez

Just my opinion but I thought Wallcott coming on changed the game for the gooners today, his pace was the teller.

Just my opinion but I thought Wallcott coming on changed the game for the gooners today, his pace was the teller.

he has started to mature this season and is being eased into a week in week out first team player, he certainly help change the out come today.

i knew he was quick, i did read he could beat henry in a 30 yard sprint when he first arrived and TT was at his arsenal peek.

he covered some ground today and was back defending too when needed.

he is starting to look the real deal, it would be nice if he popped up and scored the winner in the cl final in moscow............ :)

My point exactly, I'm a United fan and we have overpaid enormously for british players. Why on earth would any club want to pay those amounts of money, when you can find an equally good player if not better from abroad.

The English game is killing itself, just look at some of the transfer prices on English players. Don't get me wrong the Premier League will always be the best league in the world, but soon it will have no English players left as they cost too much and thats before the wages.

United paid over 75 million for the above 3 players, and 2 out of the 3 are real class. But what could they have got for that abroad? Bar the big names in world football, they would have got alot simply put....unless your name is Rafa Benitez

I cannot agree with your point because utd have world class players in every department where as arsenal do not we have cesc fabregas and that is it... we have very good players in allot of positions but we do not have world class players.

utd have a very big squad as well we have been hit with injuries and its taken its toll utd lose scholes and in pops anderson... giggs takes a knock and along comes nani.

We lose fabregas and we are fooked lol.

we are the second richest club in england and we have to praise wenger for his policy of not spending because its because of this we have a new stadium and fantastic football but now we have the money we want to see it spent on some world class players.

what i do not like about english players is that they will turn it on for the premiership clubs and when it comes to there country they are less than average.

absolutely stunning run for arsenal's second last night, proved what we all know he is capable of .
He seems to pop up and do something special every now and again which for me would be enough to play him in most games, very fast, skillful and unpredictable too.
only 19, reckon he is gonna feature more next season for sure. The boys got style !!

Walcott ripped through Liverpool in that run, one of the best runs i've seen in recent years, never knew he could do runs like that

Walcott ripped through Liverpool in that run, one of the best runs i've seen in recent years, never knew he could do runs like that

the thing is 6 months ago he couldn't in the premiership in the reserves yes........he is a slight player but quick he would have been pushed off the ball if not the first then the second challenge. part of his training this season is strength building.

as i said before, i eat my own words lol. didnt rate him earlier on in the season but he has improved so much. I guess aresene wenger knows best how to look after a player.

I still say he could play the role of supersub for le'arse perfectly (i.e when defenders have tired), dont think he is the finished article right now, but neither is bendtner.

I still say he could play the role of supersub for le'arse perfectly (i.e when defenders have tired), dont think he is the finished article right now, but neither is bendtner.

bendtner is on rafas payroll mate

fantastic run last night, i think he needs more playing time to see if he can produce the goods week in week out

Very impresive run yesterday and seems to be growing as a player, that pace is frightening and can only be a defenders worst nightmare after a tiring game. Will always be an ace in the pack if brought late on, not still sure on him as a starting player as seems to fizzle out.

We (Man U) play them next, so will be interesting to see how the best defense in the land copes with speedy boots.

I very much doubt Wenger will play him from the get go, especially in a big game as the Man U one. Will probably wait till the 60th minute mark before he brings him on and by that time his pace would do some damage.

i think walcott is a great player as he is....not always in form but who can be blamed for that.??

i really think he needs more games under his belt..hes a talent to admire but just doesnt get enough games....typical really as england took him to the world cup....did he play no...why not.???

even as a sub when the rest of the oppisition is tired bring him on for 20 mins .....he would do a good job for arsenal and england if only the managers believed in him...

stop wrapping him up in cotton wool and put him in there with the big guns....thats the only way he will get better and stronger....seems a bit fragile on the ball but only games under his belt will cure that.....

Stop wrapping him up in cotton wool and put him in there with the big guns....thats the only way he will get better and stronger....seems a bit fragile on the ball but only games under his belt will cure that.....

I agree and don't lol

I think he needs more upper body strengh i remember a certain ronaldo getting knocked off the ball one two many step overs and losing the ball on a regular and look at him now he is a big lad and worked hard in the gym.

So i am not sure i he could play for the 90 minutes and be as effective at this point in time because he lacks the strength that a more mature player has, get in the gym and start moving them weights as his pace is electrifying.

I have no doubt that walcott will be a sensation and also for england so one day hopefully we will be able to watch england with our team players there lol.... like the old days arsenal had most of the england team.

Wenger has made allot of mistakes this season and it is showing we probably have the lightest squad in the top 4 and we have more money than most teams so that should not of been the case. And had fooking 70 million to spend in the january window... anelka said he wanted to come back to us but wenger said no and look at our strikers run down and injured!

Should of bought a top defender (lescott comes to mind been fantastic this season) but he says no and we end up with toure playing right back lmao in one of the most important games of the season and senderos playing in the middle .... comon wenger these mistakes are schoolboy mistakes!

Playing hoyte and traore against man u in the fa cup now ffs these idiots should not even be in the team (well traora needs allot more experience before you put him against man u).

Sagna is injured, rosicky (where is this coont lol), persie, flammini, all the time some fooker is injured for us and persie i think is a walking casualty just waiting for the next injury.

And what the fook is he doing with almunia (john cleese) in the sticks i am sorry he is a one shot "they scored" goalie all the top 4 have good goalies except us! we need someone world class who can make some saves.

Hleb plays hot and cold some days i think the ball is stuck to his feet other days and this idiot is doing nothing!

And eboue fucking hell this fella is a nightmare lazy.... moaning... diving... dirty... what hold this fella has on wenger is unbelievable one thing is he plays much better in the right back position he should be the sub coming on how he starts i do not know.

And gallas crying in the middle of the pitch i have said enough times no leader i know would do something stupid like that FRENCH TWAT..... tony adams where did we go wrong!

If wenger does not bring in some real quality we will not win anything any time soon!, young players need world class players around them it makes them better!

and a perfect example is cesc fabregas he played along side vieira had players like freddie, pires, henry, sol cambell, EDU (why we sold him i am lost) and look at cesc he is pure quality and just 21!!!

so wenger needs to start thinking about his mistakes because he has made allot for one of the best managers in the business... but we will forgive you frenchy ;)

Last edited:
only thing that worries me with theo is that he's a speed merchant and they dont tend to have long injury free carriers :(

Back