The top 10 songs of the decade according to Xfm listeners

phawk754

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
London, Dec 1 : American rock band The Killers' chartbusting track 'Mr Brightside' has been voted the greatest song of the decade.

It pushed the highest UK entry, Arctic Monkeys' 'I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor' song down to the second position.

'Sex On Fire' sung by Kings Of Leon was voted the third best.

British alternative rock band Muse were the most popular band of the decade, with eight entries in the full list, including Knights of Cydonia at number four, in the poll complied by Xfm.

"The Killers have undoubtedly been one of the most important bands of the past 10 years, pushing guitar music into the charts worldwide and, in Mr Brightside, making one of the greatest records of all time," the Telegraph quoted Mike Walsh, head of music for the Xfm network, as saying.

The top 10 songs of the decade according to Xfm listeners:

1. The Killers - Mr Brightside

2. Arctic Monkeys - I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor

3. Kings Of Leon - Sex On Fire

4. Muse - Knights Of Cydonia

5. Elbow - One Day Like This

6. The White Stripes - Seven Nation Army

7. Ian Brown - F.E.A.R.

8. The Strokes - Last Nite

9. The Killers - Somebody Told Me

10. MGMT - Kids

this make me feel so old ...lol do not know any of them

I've heard of one of them!:banana::proud:

(only because Michael McIntyre does a sketch about it)

the funny thing is XFM plays on a day to day basis a lot of good music, FAR more than the publicly funded radio 1 .............. or any other mind smothering crap commercial radio station, youd think the listeneres would have picked far more decent tunes than they did perhaps they were swayed in a particular direction

they should have simon bates in on the morning for Our Tune followed by a bit of Madness ;o) they call it madness.

Fook me i must be getting old, Theres only 1 on that list i've even heard of.

I must be hip & trendy, think I know 3 of them :banana:
HH.

Edit: I do apologise, had another wee look. I know 4!!

Last edited:
I like 80s metal type rock like motley crue, gnr, skid row, mr big, racer x etc but there is new music in the genre around if you look close enough. Mainstream chart music these days is pap, poorly written music and lazy lyrics rushed out by lasy money labels pushing young acts into rushed crappy albums. apart from the arctics that are with a small label and still produce rot

for example arctic monkeys and "scummy (sun goes down)"

And what a Scummy Man
Just giv 'im 'alf a chance
I'll bet 'ell rob you if 'e can
You can see it in his eyes yeah
That 'es got a drivin ban
Amongst some other offences

its just a bunch of drivel to match up loosely connected rhyming words - how can you see that someone has a driving ban from their eyes. What nonsence.Monkeys would be able to do better.

not to mention the incredibly bland one string solos and overly repetitive same 3 chords for chorus, verse oh and even middle 8 sometimes.

im not jealous of course, much

Back