The Lidl Satellite package

4x4man

Member +
Reaction score
(sorry I posted this as a reply in a sticky)....but;

Would this set below be any good to use? I have been reading a lot of the other sat related posts, and understand that either software needs to be used with a receiver to "unscramble" some of the signals, or a card.
I used to have the old "freeview" box years ago when they first came around and used to do the card update, and see that it is similar.
Only prob I can see with the Lidl box is that it does not seem to have a "card slot" although it seems to be able to pick up from at least 8 satellites.
Any thoughts anyone?

Digital Satellite Dish & Receiver Set

Complete satellite set, consists of:
- 57cm Ø satellite steel offset dish
- Digital free-to-air sat receiver with remote control
- Twin LNB
- Wall bracket
- 4 x F-plugs
Coaxial, optical and S-VHS connection
Pre-programmed satellites: Astra 19.2°E, Astra 28.2°E, Eutel W2 16E, Hotbird 13°E, Sirius2 4.8E,Amos/Atlantic 4-5W, HellasSat 39E,Türksat 42E and HispaSat 30W
Features:
- Plug & Play
- Auto search with 4500 programmable channels
- MPEG-2 and DVB compatible
- LED display
- OSD (On-Screen-Display)
- Radio

and it's only 60 quid.

that package is ok just view the free channels such as bbc1,2 itv etc, but no good for anything more.

basicly it's a cheap chinese reciever with hardly no support and no cam slots or card readers or emu's to view any other 'hacked' channels

Lidl set

cheers krazylegz,
thought as much, but wasn't too certain about the possibility of a card reader with it.
Still, seems like too much bother and looking at other options, seems that a set can be picked up elsewhere for roughly the same price but with the card option.

cheers man :handball:

I have been using Lidl receivers for a few years now. First the Comag SL55 and Porty as they used the same firmware and now the Comag SL65. Hard to beat the price. The SL55 and Porty suffered with bad power supply problem (ran very hot and sometimes blew a few capacitors). There are a few different versions of the SL65 & SL65/12. They have different chips apparently. Version A can be patched but you need to use a jtag cable. Version B can be patched with a null modem cable. The patched firmware is quite nice. Easy to enter keys and can handle diseqc 1.1 I dont know about version C & E. Its probably Version E that is on sale now. I read somewhere else that they were sold in Spain and many people killed them after loading firmware for version B. If you could determine the chip version was B it would definitly be worth considering as a starter and a cheap learner. Spanish, Portuguese and Polish channels are available. German and French are not.

Last edited:
So the latest lidl silvercrest pack is a Comag sl65? From what you are saying does it mean that you cant get premiere even when patched and keys input?

Correct. No Premiere. Not on the model with version B chip anyway. Not sure about the others but I think they are the same.

I have flashed the receiver and I have now got the softcam activated - gonna find a nice encrypted channel and add the latest keys and see what happens - i will report back - but it seems the current revision on sale at Lidl's is patchable!! Not sure how effective it will be yet!!

Ok - havent had a great deal of time today but i have managed to get all the D+ channels open on 19.2 - Its a bit complicated to explain it all but if anyone wants any pointers i will try to help as best i can!!

I patched a sl65 few unscrambled key editor a bit limited in function

I have managed to get d+ open ok - although au would be nice!! Have yo managed to get premiere open at all?

Patch, Silvercrest SL65 Receiver ALI M3329C E1 Chip only

There is currently a patch available for the latest Silvercrest SL65 Receiver ALI M3329C E1 Chip only
unlocks scrambled channels and gives access to key editor

this is for new ALI M3329C E1 Chip only, heatsink soldered to board at 2 ends. purchased around august-2007, your board should look like this, if not then forget it.

See image below.http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/2852/dsc05747kv4.jpg

using a null rs232 serial cable, connect pc to receiver
COM 1 or 2 ports, with the following settings:

Bits Per Second: 115200
Data bits: 8
Parity: None
Stop bits: 1
Flow control: None

connect pc & receiver, open ali loader 'Upgrade_DVB.exe', plug in and switch receiver on load ali e1 patch 'SL65_3329CE1_SF.bin' press next on loader and just wait for instructions from loader
SL65_3329CE1_SF.bin
get the patch from here
www.sendspace.com/file/doqd6l

So after loading, delete all channels on the relevant satellites - or do the (normally recommended) re-set to factory default, and then delete all channels, before re-scanning.

I then did an "Auto Scan" (a Blind-Scan), on Hispasat, Hotbird & Astra 19. and so on

On changing to some channels the AU Window appeared on screen and
When tuned to a De-scrambled Channel, the STB from time to time goes Black Screen with No Sound , but Fortunately There Is A Fix For This.

The black screen is indeed related to the AU feature, which seems to work for P******E, but not for other packages, and the way to disable this "feature" is "Menu->1470". You'll get a "AU Disabled" message. There's another "hidden" code, "Menu->3690" which disables Smart EMM, but still have no use for this. Once you disable AU, the black screen never appears again.

"hidden codes"
"Menu->1470". "AU Disabled/Enabled"
"Menu->3690" "Disable/Enable Smart EMM,"
"Menu->2580" "Disable/Enable Smart CAS," (key editor)

thanks to homeboy and others at satboard for the posts
patch has been available for a good few weeks or so, no real problems reported
so far, good news.

Back