@ the doom n gloom non owners

digidude

Sheep worrier.
VIP Member
Reaction score
ok, so once again, with the new images coming out, the doom n gloomers who dont own boxes are starting to post again, mainly about all of the things that dont work, so, from threads from owners who have asked for things, lists of things that 'NEEDED' fixing, and other stuff, this ones for you to have a read of

the 'needs fixing list'

Getting sick and tired of people complaining about the tm800hd in various threads so in future can all complaints go here please.

Issues that I am aware of and not happy with on my box

built in card reader doesn't work. sorted
media player doesn't play the formats promised
can't mount a remote share. sorted (with tinkering)
password request on yellow button (sorted)
open source linux not open sourced (sorted)

Any others issues please add to this thread then we can keep the forum for the discussions on what is working.

Of course as new images come out we will be editing this thread until with hope it can be deleted.

Any whinging in other threads please don't moan if/when we delete them.

Thank You

from this thread https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/245887/ (now closed)
* HD Audio bug (sorted)
* HD Skins

* VLC Live streaming bug
* PVR bug
* Subtitle bug
* Front processor bug
* Open source (sorted)
* Mpeg4 compliant
* USB for PVR

* USB for mp3
* Smart card reader (sorted)
* Super sensitive tuner (it may be, but BBC1 reports 54% on a 1.1M dish? (sorted)
* Optical S/PDIF sometimes and features advertised elsewhere

* Media Player
* DivX Playback

images from the following teams are also dotted around the net

UR, DW, DS, HDF, WoS, iQ and now andromeda as well, and im certain ive got an old EDG and some form of gemini based one as well

while they may not be official releases and things, the above shows that the TM800 has massivley progressed, and as it has been doing so, more people are taking an interest in creating images for it

when the DM800 clones first came out, they were SH!T, they were worse than that, and after at least 12 hardware revisions, theyre now stable, but, are the same people who bang on about the tm800 which has software issues also banging on about the DM800 and its past hardware issues? the TM800 can be fully sorted WITHOUT having to buy a newer model to do what you bought it to do in the first place, can a DM800 with one of the first tuners? only if you buy a new tuner for it.

The TM800 looks to be around to stay, no matter how hard some try to keep knocking it down

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
does GREEN mean fixed ? some have sorted by the side some dont

HD Skins isnt fixed as we can only use 1
HD audio isnt fixed as its still lower than SD channels
not a moan just saying :)

Well said - there is no point in non owners sticking there beak into something they have no clue about

us owners are fully aware of the few niggles and "IQ" team have been assigned to sort it, and since the beggining of the month they really look to be on track

Bottom line is, if IQ or whoever said thats it - no more images at this point, I wouldnt be overly upset as the box works with most functions.

However I am not saying that and cant wait for the added features "us owners" have been asking for

Well done "IQ" and all other teams that are aiming to maximise our little black box

does GREEN mean fixed ? some have sorted by the side some dont

HD Skins isnt fixed as we can only use 1
HD audio isnt fixed as its still lower than SD channels
not a moan just saying :)

Rat, I have actually noticed that on my TV that has freeview HD - those channels are also lower than the SD

The real big issue was when the HD channels volume dropped down & down whilst watching - but that is fixed

ps i dont think the green means fixed as in brackets after it says (sorted)

Would like to know why streaming is in red tho'

Last edited:
thats why I was unsure if green meant fixed mate :)

Ive not long bought a Technika 8320 Freeview+ HD box and HD and SD audios are the same, in fact if this box had a sat tuner it would be the nutz :)

your right though the HD audio decreasing and dropping out has been fixed :)

i copied it from another post m8, where about 6 months ago, most of it was red, so yes, green means fixed, as the original thread was also copied from yet another thread, and i have to get my post count up somehow lol ;)

but, EVERYTHING listed, DIDNT work, and the only thing left is streaming from the receiver to a PC, which needs a LOT of work to sort out, but, is a planned fix, but not in the very near future

So much of the driver level stuff has been changed in the last month, which is why its back to a default SD skin, but i downloaded the brushed ali one from the blue button (NOT DW one) and it worked fine after a restart

for the last 2 nights, ive actually watched telly (and theres feck all on lol) and on my DM800, i have the opposite effect with HD/SD channels, the HD ones are booming out while the SD ones then need me to adjust the volume

yes I have Rickie but to be honest I didn't test it enough and put backup on again until the weekend so I can play more

I'm not trying to be funny or doom and gloom as I really do think the images have come on leaps and bounds I really do :) and I am happy about a lot of things now
but I will still post honestly what I find and think because thats how things get fixed :)

ok, so once again, with the new images coming out, the doom n gloomers who dont own boxes are starting to post again, mainly about all of the things that dont work, so, from threads from owners who have asked for things, lists of things that 'NEEDED' fixing, and other stuff, this ones for you to have a read of

the 'needs fixing list'

images from the following teams are also dotted around the net

UR, DW, DS, HDF, WoS, iQ and now andromeda as well, and im certain ive got an old EDG and some form of gemini based one as well

while they may not be official releases and things, the above shows that the TM800 has massivley progressed, and as it has been doing so, more people are taking an interest in creating images for it

when the DM800 clones first came out, they were SH!T, they were worse than that, and after at least 12 hardware revisions, theyre now stable, but, are the same people who bang on about the tm800 which has software issues also banging on about the DM800 and its past hardware issues? the TM800 can be fully sorted WITHOUT having to buy a newer model to do what you bought it to do in the first place, can a DM800 with one of the first tuners? only if you buy a new tuner for it.

The TM800 looks to be around to stay, no matter how hard some try to keep knocking it down

:)

Theres no doom and gloom...it's actually a very good thing the TM800 is close to being a "proper" reciever. There would never have been any doom and gloomers or issues if TM had released a box that was for purpose or close to fit for purpose. Fact is they released a pile of crap....with hardly anything working...(even the card readers werent working for several months) then continued to spout lies and propoganda... A year later and it's still not the finished product. Why not just release something when it's ready for market ?

UR, DW, DS, HDF, WoS, iQ ... Now none of these are actually proper image teams UR, DS and probably IQ are all the same team... the rest are the same image with different Skins and a couple of plugins... (all of which is a PLI Enigma 2 Dreambox image) This is to be expected as as far back as the TM500/600 people in the know...always knew the software support would be crap which is why other forums ignore TM linux recievers...being Itgate rebadges and past history with UR TEAM..

The comparison with clones DM800 isnt exactky valid either, indeed early DM800 clones were poor specifically tuner issues,..only really a REV J /K for Ferarri boxes, and Rev M on SIM2.01 bought stability....But apart from HD glitches even that only on 2 or 3 HD channels all other functions such as PVR, timeshift, internal hard discs, card readers.... all worked from almost day 1 with clones... The software support and even clone bootlaoder support is far superior to that what has ever been seen with TM software support. There was no cover ups, fabrications and mistruths or lies about Clone 800's everyone knew exactly what to expect when buying one...

But hey hopefully theres another 50 quid price cut on the TM800 and the final image fixes remaining issues...then it will indeed be a poosible alternative to clone DM recivers...but not at the 200 quid price point....not when the new gen 800SE clones are 50 quid cheaper and current gen 800HD clones now 90 quid cheaper. A better media player isnt a big enough carrot for a 50 or 90 quid price price differece.

How many times have original TM800 recievers had to go back to factory, once when there were overheating issues and no internal fans, twice when there were JTAG updates...so actually more downtime than Clone DM800's where A simple tuner swap can be done in your own home....

I know I am not comparing apples with apples , but my first linux box was a cloned 500s... and it was a proper pile of junk

I dont own a dm800 or a vu + duo but i do own a tm hd800 and how anyone can claim the media player is far superior is beyond me. If that is true the media player on the dm and vu must be utter crap as the one on the tm is rubbish. You cant even pause live tv, recordings reguarly fail, I think there is progress being made but to be honest the IQ images dont do much more than the ur images, once again i think i can see there is progress being made from what i read but i also think there is a lot of praising going on about the tm that the code is better and it will be a great box soon, But at this point its not so hopefully soon.

not sure the function to pause live TV comes under the media player section

However i do believe the pausing business is under devolpment and we should see in the forthcoming releases

but you see rickie its all in the future, thats what I see all the time, the code is this the code is that its nearly there, you guys are heros you have had the tm for a year or so i havent had mine long and nearly every other week a relaese comes but since i have had mine all the relaeses havent improved anything for me although i am optimistic each realease has let me down, i have spoken very positavly about the tm 800 but i read peoples posts about the new code. At the end of the day the box still dosent do the folowing, pause live tv, reliably record. stream live tv, accept most sata drives, media player is not nearly ready etc. I hope a relaese comes were i will eat my hat but as of now not much has improved.

Just the fact that other teams are taking the time to have a play with the image is a good sign, as we all know many people wouldn't have bothered with the old ur images.

The important thing with the images is that things that have been improved don't get broken in the next image.

If you look at the iq images which started a month ago, every release has had slight improvements without breaking what they did in the image before.

This too my memory is the first time this has happened.

I actually look forward to the new images coming out, but I think you will find with things like live tv pause rw / ff etc will not be in the immediate releases as I would guess are a lot more complex.

This is my personal opinion / guestimation

Rickie can you tell me what has improved can you list the improvements, I swear to you I am not trying to start a slaging match or anything like that but in truth what are the improvements.

I am not avoiding the question I'm about to get in bed , but will happily tell you tomorrow.

Just one thing that crossed my mind tho, people here seem to forget how long it took sky to get the sky+ box working correctly

So this little black beauty is not singled out by any stretch of the imagination

ok Rickster sleep tight talk to you 2morro tanks for the debate take care.

I remember being told by the independant beta tester that the code was "almost there" around a year ago, and he'd seen it and it was great and we would all be eating our words for being pessimistic about it. It was continued promises such as this that stopped a lot of us taking offers of money back as it was all so very close to being finalised. There's no doubt that the so called "iQ" images have covered a hell of a lot of ground but there are still basic advertised functions that don't work as they should, or not at all.

Silly things always let us down. A typical situation was being told all the time that maybe it was our fault as we hadn't downloaded it properly and perhaps it had become corrupted. After months of suggesting it they finally started putting the bin file in a zip so we'd know straight away if it was corrupted when trying to extract it. What happend on the last release? ..... back to a bin file in the download centre. Considering Dr Linux and apparently the developers read all our comments on here, they still haven't fixed that. They were going to be putting all their efforts into finishing the image and yet we get a stupid release patching a couple of files not worthy of a new compile.

For months and months there have been community fixes such as network mounting and cleanup scripts to reclaim valuable disk space and yet release after release it's been down to DD to sort things out. Finally a real 3rd party comes along and releases an image with some scripts in. How bad does it look that they can't even be bothered to put in work that's already been done for them and yet they still gloat that they've done stuff to a release to get more space out of it. It's their source FFS. We went god knows how long being promised source would be released, eventually it was and it was all pointless as then had a recall to flash chips that had wrong firmware......... it took that long for them to figure it out!!!

This has all been said before but it needs to be reminded beacuse as good as things are going, we've been in that situation before as well and there are new people being sucked in with false pretenses. There's someone pretending to be someone he's not, telling us all for a year that each image was perfect and we were all wrong to even suggest things were wrong with it as his had been "perfect" since day one. I'm all for anonymity on the web. I do it on here and in many other places on the web. But I'm not pretending to be someone else, someone independant of an item being marketed, sold and supported under false pretenses. That's plain wrong no matter how you look at it.

I'm a TM800 owner, a disgruntled one, and I will eff and jeff about it until the cows come home. They could release an image tomorrow that beats anything else in the market but I will never forget. I will say thank you and hopefully use my box for what it was bought for in the first place, but I will never forget and never stop reminding people of the journey.... especially as we've not once had an apology from Dr. Linux for a year of indiscretions. I love this forum. I think it's full of great people and run by a great crew, but I will never understand why this has been tolerated.

DM800 doesn't do this, Sly boxes don't do that..... I don't give a fook! I bought a TM800 because I was told it would do x, it even says on the box it will do x, does it fook! To use other companies failings as an excuse that it's ok for them to do it, or it's all par for the course is absolutely reprehensible!!! I wouldn't go and buy a concert ticket from a reputable company and roll over and say it's ok to be stiffed on it because they've took my money and ran off but it was ok because another company has done this in the past. Ridiculous!

We bought these boxes from a genuine UK company answerable to UK trade laws, not some shady bloke in an alley. At any point in this last year, any of us would've had legitimate cause to complain to trading standards. We haven't so fix the problem once and for all and stop trying to put the blame on us when we excersise our right to complain about how things have been/still are.

Similarly, I don't care what non-owners say on here. I think they're entitled to their opinion as much as the next man but that's none of my business. I'm fed up of these threads flaring up, being locked or written off as the usual brigade stirring the pot and then all die down again with genuine points not being answered by Dr. Linux et al

I remember being told by the independant beta tester that the code was "almost there" around a year ago, and he'd seen it and it was great and we would all be eating our words for being pessimistic about it. It was continued promises such as this that stopped a lot of us taking offers of money back as it was all so very close to being finalised. There's no doubt that the so called "iQ" images have covered a hell of a lot of ground but there are still basic advertised functions that don't work as they should, or not at all.

Silly things always let us down. A typical situation was being told all the time that maybe it was our fault as we hadn't downloaded it properly and perhaps it had become corrupted. After months of suggesting it they finally started putting the bin file in a zip so we'd know straight away if it was corrupted when trying to extract it. What happend on the last release? ..... back to a bin file in the download centre. Considering Dr Linux and apparently the developers read all our comments on here, they still haven't fixed that. They were going to be putting all their efforts into finishing the image and yet we get a stupid release patching a couple of files not worthy of a new compile.

For months and months there have been community fixes such as network mounting and cleanup scripts to reclaim valuable disk space and yet release after release it's been down to DD to sort things out. Finally a real 3rd party comes along and releases an image with some scripts in. How bad does it look that they can't even be bothered to put in work that's already been done for them and yet they still gloat that they've done stuff to a release to get more space out of it. It's their source FFS. We went god knows how long being promised source would be released, eventually it was and it was all pointless as then had a recall to flash chips that had wrong firmware......... it took that long for them to figure it out!!!

This has all been said before but it needs to be reminded beacuse as good as things are going, we've been in that situation before as well and there are new people being sucked in with false pretenses. There's someone pretending to be someone he's not, telling us all for a year that each image was perfect and we were all wrong to even suggest things were wrong with it as his had been "perfect" since day one. I'm all for anonymity on the web. I do it on here and in many other places on the web. But I'm not pretending to be someone else, someone independant of an item being marketed, sold and supported under false pretenses. That's plain wrong no matter how you look at it.

I'm a TM800 owner, a disgruntled one, and I will eff and jeff about it until the cows come home. They could release an image tomorrow that beats anything else in the market but I will never forget. I will say thank you and hopefully use my box for what it was bought for in the first place, but I will never forget and never stop reminding people of the journey.... especially as we've not once had an apology from Dr. Linux for a year of indiscretions. I love this forum. I think it's full of great people and run by a great crew, but I will never understand why this has been tolerated.

DM800 doesn't do this, Sly boxes don't do that..... I don't give a fook! I bought a TM800 because I was told it would do x, it even says on the box it will do x, does it fook! To use other companies failings as an excuse that it's ok for them to do it, or it's all par for the course is absolutely reprehensible!!! I wouldn't go and buy a concert ticket from a reputable company and roll over and say it's ok to be stiffed on it because they've took my money and ran off but it was ok because another company has done this in the past. Ridiculous!

We bought these boxes from a genuine UK company answerable to UK trade laws, not some shady bloke in an alley. At any point in this last year, any of us would've had legitimate cause to complain to trading standards. We haven't so fix the problem once and for all and stop trying to put the blame on us when we excersise our right to complain about how things have been/still are.

Similarly, I don't care what non-owners say on here. I think they're entitled to their opinion as much as the next man but that's none of my business. I'm fed up of these threads flaring up, being locked or written off as the usual brigade stirring the pot and then all die down again with genuine points not being answered by Dr. Linux et al

:goodpost: I think thats how a few of us feel VectorZ :goodpost:
I'm really happy to see these new releases and improvements but its hard to completely forget whats happened and how we have been treated

but I will still say Technomate are always willing to help if you go in or phone

Back